Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name something strange and super unhealthy that you used to eat before weight loss

When I was a skinny kid growing up, my grandparents , who lived next door, would have us 4 grandkids over for Saturday morning pancakes . My Swedish grandpa would make real Swedish pancakes and Nana would make a bowl of 1 part butter, 1 part Peanut Butter, and 1part Syrup. We'd put that on the pancakes and then add syrup on top ! Can you say heart attack on a stick ? Now, no way ! But r

I meant to add, it tasted sooooo good then !

As a teenager I used to make Peanut Butter and banana sandwiches with maple Syrup. I haven't thought about those in years, but I remember loving them.

This may or not be weird, but fingerling potatoes wrapped in bacon drizzled with maple Syrup and then popped in the oven until crispy. It was heaven and hell at the same time.

I have a list:

Peanut Butter and banana sandwiches fried in two table spoons of butter per side until the bread gets crusty - 25 lbs gain

Pasta with quattro fromagy. Its 4 cheeses, heavy whipping cream, white wine and butter (bacon doesn't hurt it) - 25 lbs

Warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream - 25 lbs

Cheesecake with salted caramel topping - 25 lbs

cheese fries with bacon - 25 lbs

That's how you get 125 lbs above a normal weight

Not that it's strange, but probably the worst bad thing I ate preop is chocolate chip cookie dough. I'd make a whole batch but never actually turn the oven on! A friend was making Cookies a couple weeks ago while I was visiting and that brought back ALL those old, out of control cravings I haven't experienced in almost a year. And yes, I had some...only 2 spoonfuls, though. And it made my tummy a little sore. But mmmmmmmm.......

Mine is similar to Kindle - store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough, eaten right out of the package.

I think that's the indulgence I feel most shameful about. Wait - no, the worst was frosting right out of the can...

French fries dipped in a Wendy's frosty!

French fries dipped in a Wendy's frosty!

YES!!

My to die for snack was. Toasted bagel, cream cheese, fried egg, slice of cheddar cheese, bacon and mayo! Yup and it wasn't just one. Can't even think about making this now...some how I could see it being a trigger again for me. Now it's just a "not so distant memory"......

My kids always thought I had weird food choices as they grew up. Here are a few:

grape jelly on macaroni and cheese (I was raised on this one)

apple sauce on hotdogs (add baked Beans and you've got a meal!)

fritos and pineapple cream cheese

I haven't had any of these since the surgery, mainly because of portions I eat don't allow for any of the above foods (not enough protein) but they are yummy!

Deep fried chicken gizzards! I know they sound gross, but they are actually really good...chewy, but good!

Not gross...delicious! Never made it, just bought it from the neighborhood Chinese takeout. Of course covered on gobs of ketchup!

My kids thought strange....jello with carnation milk. Yum, I want some now. Bad for me.....taking a jar of creamy Peanut Butter and a tablespoon to my room at least 4 nights a week. If coffee and peanut butter were the only two foods left in the world, I'll be a happy camper.

I couldn't be hungrier reading throught these, lol but I thought of another grape jelly on sausage and biscuits maple Syrup is also good.

Not really strange, but just the type, cooking everything in lard or cooking oil. Since my lap band, we cook with olive oil, and use agave for sweetener .

breads, mayo are my kryptonite, instead of reaching for a pudding/jello or ice cream, boiled noyams has become my new dessert now.