Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Linda - What were your symptoms before you went for the unfill? I hope everything goes back where it belongs and stays there.

Janet - I went back a few pages to find where ya'll were talking about Linda's symptoms. I didn't find it, but I did see my last post was about your plumbing problem. I had none then, but I think you put a GrisGris on me. OMG, today was the worst problem I've ever had see the birth of my first child. :):cursing:I haven't had that problem in months. What da hell? I'm thinking about drinking 1/4 cup of olive oil for the rest of my days.

Jackie - Congrats on the new clothes.

Brandi - Welcome back, Where at in Florida?

My brother came over a little while ago. I haven't seen him since before surgery. The first thing he said was, "You lost weight." I'm wondering does it show, or did someone in the family tell him? I just doesn't seem like a big difference yet. Maybe cause I see me everyday. My OH magazine came in today. In it there is a picture of a woman who weighed about the same as me. I looked at the picture and almost cried, damn, I was that freakin big? I haven't lost that much, I'm I still that freakin big?

Jackie - you have me cracking up - you sound like you are very amped up tonight :):lol::Banane34: Ya we need a pic of you in your new outfit..

Linda - Glad you are doing better - I would stick with the soft stuff and say on your doc's butt.. I am keeping you in my prayers

Brandy - You live in TX and moving to FL - I forget are you and dh retired or have family there.. I guess since I have never left the Coachella Valley that sounds like a big move..

Mango - I wouldn't but a hex on you :) - try some raisin bran - had some the other night - works wonders - plus i do keep dulox on hand too - as to Linda's symothoms - acid reflux waking her up all night long was the major one and not being able to keep food down to i think all the things that happen when you are too tight - having acid reflux is not a good thing nor is heart burn -

Linda - tell Mango what was going on with you - I am brain dead right now...

Linda never mind - I found it

Denise here is what was going on

quote from linda's post

On top of all that, for about the last week I have been waking up every 20 minutes all night long coughing, gagging and vomiting. Yesterday I hardly ate anything at all, and in the evening I couldn't even drink a few sips of hot tea. This morning, every joint in my body ached from not getting serious sleep for so long. Today at work I voimted the chicken broth I had for lunch and whatever food I did eat yesterday! (gross, I know) After that I called and made an appointment with the doctor for tomorrow. I give up. I've been having problems ever since my fill on Jan 11. Even after having half of that taken out, something is still not right. I'd work with it, but not at the expense of not sleeping.< /p>

Ok gang - IDOL is about to come on - gotta watch the girls - watched the boys last night - I have my 6 guys who I want to make the final 12 and now gotta go see about the girls

So I will ck with you all in the morning - xoxox Sweet Dreams & prayers for all my Lucky #7 family

Phyl & Kari - hope you are having a good time - we miss you,..

Yup, that was it--pretty graphic right? Sorry about that everyone. I wonder how long it will take for the doctor's office to call me back? Yesterday I left a message telling them that I was having chest pains (true--like you get when food gets stuck, except that I wasn't eating), you'd think that would get a response--not. My sister has been going to the same group and is even more frustrated with them and their "processes" than me. From a nursing point of view, I have to say that Mexico has their act together compared to what we've been dealing with here. I only wish I didn't leve 3000 (or whatever) miles away although it might come to that yet.

Mango--I gave a pair of my "fat" jeans to someone and saw her wearing them recently. I had no idea. . . Thank you God, for this band.

Good morning. I am back and ready for anything now. I was so tired and run down yesterday that I truly didn't think I could function. Went to bed at 4:30 yesterday afternoon, got up for about 20 minutes then went back to bed until 4:30 this morning. It felt so good. :) Now I am at work and ready to face the world again. So I have not made it to the gym in two days because of the meeting and then needing to sleep so I will be going today. My car started this morning so I really have no idea what is going on with it. It frustrates me, but one of my students said he would look at it if I could get it here this morning!:biggrin2:

On the food front, I can OBVIOUSLY eat more that I am supposed to, so it is back to salads at every meal (yes even breakfast!) I can eat anything at any time so that is actually beneficial to me. I found some spicy pinto Beans that only have 90 calories per serving and they are TASTY so I mix that with some lettuce and salsa and there you go. I usually eat it with 1 taco shell that I break up and use as chips. They are 50 calories each, so not bad. Only 2.5 weeks until my fill so this is totally doable.

Well I had best get working considering that is why I am here at 5AM:scared2:.

Have a good morning!

Good Morning Gang !!!

Karri - I am glad you got your rest... It's very important - for me being tired is a big food trigger for me....

Well ladies - I walked 18.5 miles this past week - and it is proof that exercise works - I have been a bad girl all week getting on the scales EVERYDAY - at varying times - it was a steady 177 all week (well one day it did say 176) - last night it said 176.5 - well this morning 175 :smile: - go figure - this is why I hate scales - but love them today.. 15 lbs to go... Pretty good for an old broad I think - Yes I am tooting my own horn :tongue2: - But I am VERY happy this morning and have been working really hard on the exercise this week and I am a big baby.. Have you all figured that one out yet... and I know that all of you share my happiness...

I truly can't believe this whole journey... It has been incredible... I have made new friendships - I look forward to talking to you all every day... I am exercising – trying my best to change my eating – I feel really good about myself.

I love all of you – I’m loving life – and above all else I thank God for these gifts I have received in the last 7 months…

Good Morning Gang !!!

well this morning 175 :tongue2: - go figure - this is why I hate scales - but love them today.. 15 lbs to go/quote]

Janet- WAY TO GO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS 36_2_25.gif 23_5_133.gif

36_2_68.gif 36_2_68.gif 36_2_68.gif You keep reminding me that this is totally doable. Thank you so much.

You are very important to all of us here. So glad we have you to walk this journey with.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Linda - I foung this post by wassabubblebutt about band slippage - she is a nurse and seems to be very knownledgeable about the band

More than 80% of the time an unfill and liquids for a couple of weeks will fix a slip so the odds really are in your favor.

If that does not work then you can have a repair most of the time, they just go in, unlock the band, reposition it, and relock it.

If they do take your band you can have it replaced or switch to another procedure usually in about three months. It takes time for swelling and such to go down.

So really, odds are in your favor by quite a bit that you won't lose your band.

Good luck to you!

You keep reminding me that this is totally doable. Thank you so much.

You are very important to all of us here. So glad we have you to walk this journey with. ]

Jackie - IMHO this is very doable - and I am shocked how doable it is - it's all about our brains - we are in the zone - yep we all slip from the zone every now and then - but what is different now - is that when we slip or have a treat - we go back to our new healthy eating habits - were before we would have just said WTF i screwed up - i give up - Now a days we don't give up..

Jackie - IMHO this is very doable - and I am shocked how doable it is - it's all about our brains - we are in the zone - yep we all slip from the zone every now and then - but what is different now - is that when we slip or have a treat - we go back to our new healthy eating habits - were before we would have just said WTF i screwed up - i give up - Now a days we don't give up..

Yep, yep, yep. I still think that I probably spent 17000 on a brain adjustment and it was totally worth it. Obviously the band works, but the majority is the adjustment to my behaviors and thinking. And as for slipping, before if I made a mistake the rest of the day was GONE. If I had eaten 1 wrong thing at any point in the day the rest of the day was filled with doughnut binges and as much fast food as I could shove down my throat! Yesterday, after 2 bags of popcorn I just went back to what I have been doing best. Following the rules. I had some salad with Beans and salsa and that was it. Didn't follow the popcorn with an unbelievable amount of bad foods. I was so proud of that fact that I don't even let the popcorn concern me.

I will not give up. I am have come to far to go back. My body, my health, my mind is more powerful NOW that it can overcome any mistake.

Well all. I'm back. I've not really been gone, just lurking. Not much to say. I was sick for the last couple of days. Some stomach bug seriously kicked my @$$! On the plus side I can confidently say that my bowels are not holding any excess weight!

When I asked my PA about the flu at my last appointment, because I was worried about vomiting, she said that I need not worry over a flu bug. The vomiting they worry about has to do with being too tight and being stuck. She assured me that a bout of the flu would not cause slippage. I sure hope she is right. I'm feeling better today and seem little worse for the wear so I'm going to keep positive and not stress over it.

I did step on the scales this morning and am down about 4 pounds since Sunday, but I'm assuming dehydration and ignoring that new number. I'll check again on Sunday and use that. If I'm lucky there will be a happy number staring back at me.

I was a bad food person while I was sick. Carbs seemed to be the only thing that settled my stomach. I don't think for three days total I got 1000 calories total though so I'm not going to fret. It just goes to show me that my bad behavior is sitting in the wings waiting to kick my butt if I let it back onstage. Hopefully it will walk away soon. I don't remember who (Karri?) said we need to stay focussed for at least 6 months....maybe on a different thread....but I'm going to keep my guard up.

Medium workout clothes??? Oh, what a dream! I am just frothing at the mouth thinking that someday I will be there! I don't think I've worn a medium my entire adult life. Maybe in high school. I'm jealous but also encouraged. Way to go!!!

While I was sick I was watching and looking for new workout videos. Since there isn't a gym in the area I'm looking for something to keep me motivated. I came really close to buying a set called total jam. They looked way above me but the "success" stories said that the women were larger than me. I don't know....I'm torn. Anyone heard of them or have any suggestions? Walking is going well but I know I need to change it up. I'm still thinking about an elliptical but $60 compared to $1500 is a big factor. It looked like fun but I don't know if I'm that coordinated. The high school drill team seems a LONG time ago.

Well. I got my midterms finished and I'm going home. I'm still not 100% but a ton better than before.

Thanks for the great reading the last few days guys. When I'm not HERE I'm still lurking.

Janet--thanks again for the encouragement from Wasa. She does seem to know what she's talking about, so since my doctor STILL hasn't called me back, I'm sticking to liquids. I have 1cc of my fill left; I hope that isn't going to mess things up. Who knows!

I am so motivated by your 175! You were on a plateau last week, but you broke through big time--GOOD FOR YOU!! Just promise one thing--that when you get the last 15 off you won't abandon us, OK? It just wouldn't be the same here without you.

Steph--gald you're starting to feel better! Sorry, I'm the one to ask about exercise videos. But I'm thinking about spring and getting outside walking again. As soon as the time changes and it's lighter in the evening I think I will take up my evening walks again.

Karri--You bet you will get back on track, and good job not letting a little popcorn get the best of you! We are bigger than this food thing, and we will win!

I have got to say that while the reflux at night may be a thing of the past, the heart burn all day long has returned with a vengence. Someting still isn't right. Guess I'll have to nag the doctors again tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to volulnteer at a free clinic this evening. Catch you all later.