Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good morning ladies,

I'm feeling good this morning. Gave the gym a miss again just to be overly cautious. I'm eager to get back into exercise but it's more important to get healthy.

I called my doctor's office again this morning with my concerns regarding slippage. They didn't seem as concerned as I am, but reading some of the posts on here my symptoms are very similar to what a lot of people have gone through. At times it just feels like whatever I've had to drink is just sitting in my pouch and not moving. And the longer it sits there, the more it wants to come out backwards again. And then all of a sudden the nausea and restriction are gone. :redface: Talk about head games!!!

The earliest I can get in is Monday afternoon as he's in surgery all today, tomorrow and Friday he's having a day off. :) I could have seen his partner Friday, but I'd prefer to talk to him specifically. Besides, I have an appointment with my plastic surgeon on Friday regarding my boob fix.

Last night was a good night for me. My food and liquids stayed down and I slept solidly through the night. That's a good sign. But I tell ya, if there's the slightest sign today of vomitting and that stuck feeling, I'm going to call and ask to see somebody there or take myself somewhere else. I haven't had anything this morning apart from my Vitamins. I'm almost too scared to even try tea. :thumbup: I'm not hungry and I'm not thirsty.

It's just not right that I only have a 6 hour window of opportunity from around 3pm to 9pm to get in all of my Water and Protein requirements for the day. Anything before that makes me ill. Anything after that has me up all night. *sigh*

My thoughts and prayers are with you today linda. I hope that all that's required is that you wait out with an unfill. I really do. You've done such good work with your weight loss. Good or bad, let us know how you get on. We'll worry until you do. And we're all here for you.

I'm up for another group hug! :biggrin:

I really do need a hug this morning. My car wouldn't start again this morning.:biggrin: We think we know what the problem is, but now it is just money to fix it. I did get my tax returns back so I do have the money to fix it, I just don't want to. Plus, I don't have the time AND I am exhausted. I watched the biggest loser when I should have gone to bed. :thumbup: The problem was that despite the fact that I got up at 4AM yesterday I wasn't tired. Then my alarm went off this morning and I could barely get up. All I wanted to do was cry. :cry_smile:Then I ate Breakfast too early while I was waiting for someone to come and pick me up, so now I am hungry. :)

My meeting last night was pretty pointless. There were some good issues that were discussed, but mainly I thought it was just a waste of an hour which I could have been working out. That was my first in person support group that I had been too, and I have to agree with Janet that this is 1 million times better. I wouldn't want to have to wait a whole month to discuss an issue. The beauty of this place is that if I have a question at 2AM I can ask it and within just a few hours someone will have responded. :biggrin2:

Seriously don't know if I am going to stay awake today. I feel exhausted. I am going to go the gym after work, but then it may be straight home and to bed. :redface:

Does look like a few of us are feeling a little blue.

Good morning ladies,

I'm feeling good this morning. Gave the gym a miss again just to be overly cautious. I'm eager to get back into exercise but it's more important to get healthy.

I called my doctor's office again this morning with my concerns regarding slippage. They didn't seem as concerned as I am, but reading some of the posts on here my symptoms are very similar to what a lot of people have gone through. At times it just feels like whatever I've had to drink is just sitting in my pouch and not moving. And the longer it sits there, the more it wants to come out backwards again. And then all of a sudden the nausea and restriction are gone. :huh2: Talk about head games!!!

The earliest I can get in is Monday afternoon as he's in surgery all today, tomorrow and Friday he's having a day off. :) I could have seen his partner Friday, but I'd prefer to talk to him specifically. Besides, I have an appointment with my plastic surgeon on Friday regarding my boob fix.

Last night was a good night for me. My food and liquids stayed down and I slept solidly through the night. That's a good sign. But I tell ya, if there's the slightest sign today of vomitting and that stuck feeling, I'm going to call and ask to see somebody there or take myself somewhere else. I haven't had anything this morning apart from my Vitamins. I'm almost too scared to even try tea. :huh2: I'm not hungry and I'm not thirsty.

It's just not right that I only have a 6 hour window of opportunity from around 3pm to 9pm to get in all of my Water and Protein requirements for the day. Anything before that makes me ill. Anything after that has me up all night. *sigh*

My thoughts and prayers are with you today linda. I hope that all that's required is that you wait out with an unfill. I really do. You've done such good work with your weight loss. Good or bad, let us know how you get on. We'll worry until you do. And we're all here for you.

I'm up for another group hug! :redface:

Ruby - Glad to hear you are feeling better :smile:. From what I have read on this board there are tons of people who cant eat or drink in the mornings.

I guess I am lucky - I have 1 to 2 cups of coffee at 5 a.m. - right now I am hungry - will have yogurt & granola - with no problems - The only time I have problems if I eat too fast or don't chew real well even soft foods - Last night with the steak - I had small bites and didn't even eat it all cuz it was too much work.

I really do need a hug this morning. My car wouldn't start again this morning.:thumbup: We think we know what the problem is, but now it is just money to fix it. I did get my tax returns back so I do have the money to fix it, I just don't want to. Plus, I don't have the time AND I am exhausted. I watched the biggest loser when I should have gone to bed. :lol: The problem was that despite the fact that I got up at 4AM yesterday I wasn't tired. Then my alarm went off this morning and I could barely get up. All I wanted to do was cry. :cry_smile:Then I ate breakfast too early while I was waiting for someone to come and pick me up, so now I am hungry. :biggrin:

My meeting last night was pretty pointless. There were some good issues that were discussed, but mainly I thought it was just a waste of an hour which I could have been working out. That was my first in person support group that I had been too, and I have to agree with Janet that this is 1 million times better. I wouldn't want to have to wait a whole month to discuss an issue. The beauty of this place is that if I have a question at 2AM I can ask it and within just a few hours someone will have responded. :biggrin2:

Seriously don't know if I am going to stay awake today. I feel exhausted. I am going to go the gym after work, but then it may be straight home and to bed. :hurray:

Does look like a few of us are feeling a little blue.

Karri :smile:

I hate having car problems :car:- for me that is the worse thing - it cost so much $$$ to get them fixed ...

Yep group meetings - I really didn't enjoy it that much I would rather have exercised.. How was the lady you were going to help - what happen there?

Who got voted off on BL - I was recording Idol & BB9 and so I had to cancel my BL recording - but heck I stayed up until 10 - and watched Idol so I should have recorded BL

Karri :)

I hate having car problems :biggrin:- for me that is the worse thing - it cost so much $$$ to get them fixed ...

Yep group meetings - I really didn't enjoy it that much I would rather have exercised.. How was the lady you were going to help - what happen there?

Who got voted off on BL - I was recording Idol & BB9 and so I had to cancel my BL recording - but heck I stayed up until 10 - and watched Idol so I should have recorded BL

The lady was really nice, but so far didn't feel comfortable coming here and posting. She started out at a lower BMI than I did (like 36 or 37) but is complaining that she has only lost 30 pounds and 10 of that was pre-op. When we were talking about the food stuff, I realized that she was just eating way too much and I told her that. She tried to assure me that she was only eating 1100 calories a day, but I assured her she was not. She does record everything that she eats and when I had her look it up in the nutrtion book they provide at the meeting she realized that she was eating upwards of 2000 calories a day. She was really shocked. What she had been doing is only calculating the calories for the major foods she would eat and then estimate the extras.:redface: Well it is the extras that really get ya. So now she knows what she needs to cut out. One of the things that kind of struck me about her is that she admitted that she thought this would be the easy way out. She has only been overweight for about 6 years (she is 55), but prior to that she had always been very thin and active. However she had a knee injury that she is still battling and has become sedentary and ate out of depression. hmmm.. I think I can relate! After six years of doing WW or Atkins she had the surgery to "just get the weight off the fast way and not deal with it agian." That quote just about hit me like a truck. To this day she is still complaining about everything that she had to go through to the get surgery (diet, tests, etc). I tried to tell her that she had to let go of that because it was done and over with. I don't think I was successful. To be honest it was frustrating because she kept going in circles and making excuse after excuse for herself. I've been there done that and tried to help her see the light, but she just made more excuses.

As for the biggest loser, they kicked Paul off and he deserved it. They went home for a week and while most people (especially the blue team) did amazing with the workout and the diet, Paul ate plate after plate of chicken wings, and I swear gallons of soda. So needless to say he only lost 5 pounds. Jillian was PISSED! The blue team did awesome and between the 4 of them lost like 56 pounds. It was quite remarkable.

Well I had best get back to work.

OMG I am terrible today. Seriously I ate so much popcorn today and I didn't even realize that I was doing it. I think I ate equivalent to 2 bags. No kidding. Okay so this is the first time that I have really LEAPED over the edge and gone back to an old eating habit, and I have stopped it so I won't do it again. I don't think it will hurt me too much because I am going home and going to bed. I ate the popcorn because it felt good on my tummy which is upset right now. I think I might be coming down with something. So I am going to go home and go to bed. Probably won't eat dinner because I am hoping that I just sleep through it. I think that a 12 hour sleep tonight will be just what I need to get out of the funk that I am in today. Plus I really need a fill. My fill nurse told me that since my system isn't primed yet (too few fills) that I will tend to lose more out of my band than normal. So she did say that I might loosen way up and boy have I. I didn't even know I could eat that much food at one time. This is the first time I have tried popcorn since being banded, and well...I shouldnt' have. I was just craving carbs like there was no tomorrow.

Okay back to Proteins tomorrow! No beating myself up, I just wanted to be accountable and not be closet eating!! So tired and hungry just don't mix. When I am as tired as I am today, I really don't think!

Karri

I eat popcorn most evenings - I buy the snack size 100 c micro bags and once I went and made another bag - I figure 200 calories on popcorn - is better than cake, cooke - even sf pudding or another meal that would have more than 100 caloriesf - the popcorn fills you up and we do need to have that crunch factor too sometimes.

Well, I have been a lurker today - and i was just cleaning up my desk - I gotta go home and hit the gym tonite - I had a facial at lunch and i could just go to sleep - i even had her give me a vit shot - but don't feel jazzed - i remember once my old family doc gave me a b-12 shot - omg i was awake all night - I don't want that - but I could use some pep about right now - well after the gym i will have some - so will ck back w/you all later.

OMG I am terrible today. Seriously I ate so much popcorn today and I didn't even realize that I was doing it. I think I ate equivalent to 2 bags. No kidding. Okay so this is the first time that I have really LEAPED over the edge and gone back to an old eating habit, and I have stopped it so I won't do it again. I don't think it will hurt me too much because I am going home and going to bed. I ate the popcorn because it felt good on my tummy which is upset right now. I think I might be coming down with something. So I am going to go home and go to bed. Probably won't eat dinner because I am hoping that I just sleep through it. I think that a 12 hour sleep tonight will be just what I need to get out of the funk that I am in today. Plus I really need a fill. My fill nurse told me that since my system isn't primed yet (too few fills) that I will tend to lose more out of my band than normal. So she did say that I might loosen way up and boy have I. I didn't even know I could eat that much food at one time. This is the first time I have tried popcorn since being banded, and well...I shouldnt' have. I was just craving carbs like there was no tomorrow.

Okay back to Proteins tomorrow! No beating myself up, I just wanted to be accountable and not be closet eating!! So tired and hungry just don't mix. When I am as tired as I am today, I really don't think!

Karri- Don't beat yourself up over popcorn. Alot better choice than cake or Cookies like Janet said!! Get a good nights sleep. You definately deserve it!! I can't even open my eyes any before 7a.m. 7_11_4.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Ok all I am back from my VERY busy day. HAHA I had the whole day off because clients didn't want to go out with the cold. I went to the gym and it was only noon when I finished. So what is a girl to do?! SHOP!!!! 15_9_27.gif 7_18_3.gif I left at noon and it is now 8:30 at night!! I treated myself to a ice coffee today and hit the stores. I will now look nice and trendy while at the gym!! I have always liked how others look in those cropped dri fit pants and shirts with the zip up jacket over them but was always WAY to fat to fit them and wear them in public. 10_8_10.gif Anyway today I thought I am going to try these on and I even ventured out and tried on the size medium pants. THEY FREAKIN FIT 36_20_2.gif 36_1_21.gif I was sooooo happy. I even look trendy!!! I bought myself 2 full workout outfits and then I found myself 2 pair of NIKE's and bought them also. I was having soooooo much fun today. I am soooooo remotivated now!!!! Whew what a rush!!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Ok it cut me off. HAHA I wanted to say.........Hope you are all doing well. Lindaa how are you doing today? Hope you are doing better.

Janet-A facial. I should have thought of that!!! Heck I didn't have time. I will definately have to remember that the next time. Vitamin shots? Does a nurse give those? It is B 12 that is supposed to help with weight loss? Tell me more!!4_12_12.gif

I am sorry for so many smileys. I just think they are cute. :)

Hey Gang !!!

Where is everyone??? Well I went to the gym - and it took all I had to do my 3.5 miles - it's funny some days i have my groove on and feel strong and jam to my itunes - then days like today - I just can't get my rhythm but i pushed thru and did all 3.5 miles - I thought to myself - Karri is running and is at the gym for like 2 hrs -so Janet you can walk 3.5 miles in 1 hr and quit bitching about it – just do it..

I don’t feel like cooking – didn’t take anything out this morning – so sitting here trying to eat ½ chick sandwich with avocado – but have eaten about 3 bites (tiny ones) of it and think I am done with it – it tastes good – but not going down – guess I will have eggbeaters in a bit – or maybe some soup…

Well, just cking in…. Willl ck back later

Hi everyone! Back from Florida. Had a nice time and found a house, so we bought it. Will close on or prior to 3/31 and move sometime thereafter. Gained about 4 pounds over the weekend, but lost 2.5 of that so far. Read everyone's posts, wow there was a lot that happened in the past week. Take care!

Jackie

Congrats on MEDIUM workout clothes - I need some of those crop pants to cuz it will be hot in pretty soon - right now I have 2 pairs of yoga pants that I wear to the gym..

The lady who does my facial is a RN - in fact she might be a NP - anyway she is doing facials and selling vitimans - dexto stuff - Have you heard of this machine that you put your feel in and the Water turns colors cuz it's detoxing your body (imho i think it's a scam - but know ppl who have bought them) also has a laptop that scans your palm and tells you what antioxidants you are lacking - again a scam imho - but she said she had vit b shots so for $15 i go one - suppose to give you more energy - tomorrow is my weigh in day so we will see - but as posted above - i don't have anymore energy..

So who knows - it was worth a try - :)

Hi everyone! Back from Florida. Had a nice time and found a house, so we bought it. Will close on or prior to 3/31 and move sometime thereafter. Gained about 4 pounds over the weekend, but lost 2.5 of that so far. Read everyone's posts, wow there was a lot that happened in the past week. Take care!

36_2_53.gif HI BRANDY!!! So happy to have you back. I am sooo jealous of you going to Florida. We are freezing here in Iowa. 36_1_26.gif

36_2_76.gif

Jackie--Your enthuasism is contageous! Makes me feel good to hear about your shopping trip. You're going to have to post a pic of you in your new workout outfits.

Karri--I know how addictive popcorn can be--especially when it's warm, crunchy and salty. We all lose it from time to time, the trick is to not make excuses for yourself, but just fess up and knock it off--which you did! You had 1 bad day. You're gonna be OK.

I slept really well last night and had a lot more energy for work today. I was still afraid to eat anything more solid that SF pudding, but no problems with that, Water, coffee, or Soup. The doctor never did call me back, despite the message I left at 3:30. I guess I'm not critical, but it's annoying not knowing what to do. I don't want to cause any more damage, so I will take it slow again tomorrow. Thanks again for your hugs and concern. I'm hanging on.

Jackie

Congrats on MEDIUM workout clothes - I need some of those crop pants to cuz it will be hot in pretty soon - right now I have 2 pairs of yoga pants that I wear to the gym..

The lady who does my facial is a RN - in fact she might be a NP - anyway she is doing facials and selling vitimans - dexto stuff - Have you heard of this machine that you put your feel in and the Water turns colors cuz it's detoxing your body (imho i think it's a scam - but know ppl who have bought them) also has a laptop that scans your palm and tells you what antioxidants you are lacking - again a scam imho - but she said she had vit b shots so for $15 i go one - suppose to give you more energy - tomorrow is my weigh in day so we will see - but as posted above - i don't have anymore energy..

So who knows - it was worth a try - :)

I want a Vitamin B shot. I am going to have to check into that stuff around here. HMMMMM Maybe if it is too cold again tomorrow I will take tomorrow off and go get a facial and check around for the vitamin B shots. I need more energy. Although I do have to say that the past couple of days since I am working out regularly (2 days in a row! LOL) I feel like I am about to burst with energy at night.