Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

My surgery is Monday at 2pm. I have to be at the hospital at 11am so they can type and cross my blood. Can't wait to get this over with and be on the other side.

princesswillow, will you please come and help with my housework. I wish I liked it. I love my house when it is all clean and sparkly but I hate getting it there. My daughter is like you. Her house is perfectly decorated and sparkly clean with everything in its place. She is probably that way after living me. She loves it too.

I will have a headache when I quit the caffeine but I will be on pain meds from the surgery so thats ok. I know the soda is bad for you. it leaches Calcium out of your bones to balance the phosphous in the soda. We will all have healthier bones because of this.

However, like Lynette, I love Water and it is my drink of choice so I will be ok after surgery.

Jeanie, I am like you think your family will be. The cucumber Soup is best served in the trash :biggrin1: I love cucumber though. I tried fried pickles once, Lynette, and I agree with you. They should remain fresh and cold.

Are you still walking in your condo, Phyl. I am so pleased you are doing well. Can't wait to join you.

Brandy, I don't know why caffeine is a no-no other than the fact that docs are always trying to get people to stop caffeine. I wonder what the rational is for no caffeine. Anyone Know?:??

Sunshine and Lynette, I also like Water. I usually gulp down a glass or two at a time. Lynette - how did the transition go from gulping to sipping. Do you forget? Do you find you really wish to slam down a whole glass? Are you able to get enough down you each day by sipping? I'm hoping we'll remember easily - but it's another one of the little "unknowns" that scare me. C

Well, Girls, the Soup was not a hit, as expected!!!! Not bad, but not exciting! Don't know why I had to try it, except that I kept thinking I was missing something!!!! Everyone was raving about how good it is, just thought I had to try it, so many were using it in their liquid phase!!! Oh, well, did try, don't need it!!! Onto something else!!! Unless, someone has a better recipe and I didn't try the right one ... this one had cucumbers, cream, minced garlic and onion, salt and pepper, chicken broth, and sprigs of celery. Let's see and ... no, think that was it!:car:

NewCC, I can actually drink it pretty quickly right now, though I am not supposed to and I try not to. I was told it isn't quite as important now as it will be once we get a fill, then it is super important to sip, sip, sip all day, every day! Or we won't get enough fluid!!!!

Hi Everyone,

my mother just sent me this email and I thought I would share it with everyone here:

Cancer update -- Johns Hopkins -- Cancer News from Johns Hopkins :

>

> 1. No plastic containers in micro.

> 2. No Water bottles in freezer.

> 3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

>

> Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This

> information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as

> well.

>

> Dioxin chemicals cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are

> highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your

plastic

> bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.

>

> Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle

> Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He

talked

> about dioxins and how bad they are for us.

>

> He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using

> plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain

fat.

> He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases

> dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body.

>

> Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or

> ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only

> without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and

> Soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in

> something else.

>

> Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just

> safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.

>

> He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants

> moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is

> one of the reasons.

>

> Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as

> dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As

the

> food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt

> out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food.

>

> Cover food with a paper towel instead.

>

> This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your

> life

>

>

>

>

This isn't true ck out snopes

I survived… Barely :0) Surgery went fine, was told it took a little longer cuz I had a lot of scar tissue from my prior gall bladder surgery. When I woke up (10 a.m. ish) in my room felt like an elephant had kicked my in my stomach and was sitting on my stomach. My daughter in law said I was using the “F” word like every other word (I do cuss but not that much) the room was hot, I wanted a fan – I wanted more than 1 oz of ice an hour and I was hitting that pain med button like crazy.. My day nurse was very nice – VERY sweet which I do remember that getting on my nerves at first but then later in the day I liked her – They took me for the upper GI like around 5 p.m. the day of surgery and when they put me on the x-ray table and shoved a glass with a straw in it and told me to drink.. I told the guy “I’m not supposed to drink out of a straw” he said it was ok – so I drank. By the time I got back to my room I felt like I was going to throw up. Called the nurse right away and she gave me a shot and I was ok. Come to find out that they should not have made me drink through the straw and they made me drink too much and some other stuff.

Kristen wasn’t too happy with the GI Dept … Kristin came to see me around 7 and gave be a grape Popsicle. She left to get it and it took awhile and I was about to cry if she forgot to come back.. But she didn’t and that was the Best Damn Popsicle I have ever had.

I will tell you one thing the night nurse’s at Desert Hospital SUCK !!!!!! . They never hookup my cpap machine , called the night nurse for a pain shot she said she was on lunch and would be there later. The lvn/c.n.a had a punk hairdo died pinky/red. I guess my age is showing cuz I really didn’t care for him coming in the middle of the nite taking my temp blood pressure etc. Made me get up and walk in the middle of the night then never hooked be back up to the oxygen monitor or plug my IV machine back in to the wall. So I took the thing off my finger in the morning and she asked why I took it off – “told her you never came in to hook me back up and it was bugging me so why wear it”

Next day I was still in a lot of pain – the physical therapist people came I cried… I was having REALLY bad gas pains in my shoulder. When Dr B came, I was crying and they said I could stay another night – I was afraid to go home and experience that kind of pain. So stayed another night.. Truly though I could have gone home around 8 p.m. that night. I had another nurse that night after complaining about my 1st one – well he wasn’t any better..

Woke up at 5 a.m. on Thursday and wanted to get the HELL out of there. Do you know that for me to call home collect it would have cost $8 for the 1st minute. That’s BS.. I called my Son’s house my 12 yr old granddaughter answered the phone and they wanted credit card # - she told them no and called her Mom (Nurse who was at work) who called me and want to know what’s wrong.. I stared crying saying I wanted to come home but couldn’t call anyone – didn’t have my cell with me to be able to call Dr B. So she sent my Grandson to the hospital and I called Dr B at 8 a.m and said I want to go home. He called my nurse and I was out of there by 9 and home by 9:30.. I felt so isolated there in the hospital with no way to get a hold of anyone..

I have done ok since I have been home. Was not hungry in the hospital but once I got home I was. I have restriction can eat about ½ to 1 cup of Soup and am full but not satisfied and have had to deal with the head hunger – Can’t wait for mushy stage… I am having thick soup but I need to taste the food. Have had a couple of cheese puffs – I let them totally melt in my mouth.. I need that chew factor.. I want fish or a rare hamburger patty.

I guess I am a big baby, cuz it seem like most of the people don’t have it this bad (even the ones my age) – I am feeling ok – have some pain where my port is and walk kind of hunched over when I first get up. I could go out if I want to bare the heat (which I don’t) so her I sit. I have washed off the patio, clean the slider window and done a load of wash but that’s about it. Suppose to go back to work on Monday, but might just call in and say I don’t feel like it – or go in and leave early – we will see.

I see I have alot of catching up to do.....

Hello! My third post-op day went well and I've started to lose weight again! Which is no wonder with so few calories per day. I'll be glad when I can get off of these terrible shakes. I really don't like vanilla or chocolate sweet drinks!

Out of curiosity, how many of you are like me and haven't told anybody at their job that they are having surgery? I'm usually the one who tells everybody anything they would like to know, but decided to keep this very, very private!

Just curious!

I told my supervisor who is also my friend and she then proceeded to tell EVERYONE... Which sort of pisses me off... But what the heck.. I would have told most anyway and you all know how the grapevine works.

One girl said - i was cheating - and i told her what about your fake boobs... This is about my health - what are your fake boobs about...

I'ts funny really we were not told about any Protein Drinks at all we were just told to take a Vitamin A day. That is also encouraging to know that you can eat almost anything at ten days I managed some jacket potatoe and cottage cheese today (mushed up ) but it tasted brill.

Lainy

My Doc say you are to have at least 60 grams of Protein a day.. I am just 4 days out banded the 17th and I am able to get to that number - I have Unjury chocolate & unflavor Protein Powder. it has 20 grams per scoop. 1 drink in the a.m. I put the unflavored stuff in my Soups made w/skim milk 29 grms /2 so that 2 meals for me (can only eat about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of soup) the only thing is that you can't heat it up over 130 degrees. Plus another Protein Drink for 15 - pudding 3 = 67 grms in one day.

I am still on liquids until i go to the doctors next Thursday - I have had some thick soups but can wait for mushies.... I am sick of sweet stuff.

Also head hunger has been a issue - i am full but not satisfied with all my meals..

You can edit your posts, but when you hit on the edit key, you'll get a screen with everything you typed out, but a smiley face will be inbetween each letter. Makes it hard to change anything you need to.

I hate that tooo.....

If anyone wants free samples of Matrix 5.0 or nectar Protein powders, all they have to do is contact Syntrax by phone or email, and they'll send them to you. They come in little 1/2 serving packets that you just mix with 1/2 cup of Water. So far, I've tried the Matrix 5.0 Cookies and Cream, and it's pretty good. I've got the Apple Ecstacy, strawberry Kiwi, and Roadside Lemonade flavors to try, also (I got my packets from another LBT member). Here's the Syntrax link (there should be contact info somewhere on it): SI03 INC.

I have these too - I tried the apple yesterday and didn;t care for it. Still have the cookie/cream & lemonaide one...

Hi Lucky # Sevens!!,

Just got banded thursday and got home from the hospital last night. I can't take any pain med because it make me so nauseated and I am walking real slow. My whole body just aches. Please tell me this gets better soon!!:car:

Anyway other than that, I am so very happy to be a bandster and I know that in my heart that this was the right choice for me.

Oh my throat feels awful and I found out that the anisthesiologist had a hard time intubating me and had to call another doctor to try it. So my upper lip is swollen and has a sore.

Oh also, I am not hungry or thirsty and just looking at food or smelling it makes me nauseated too:confused:

I have to keep reminding myself to drink the clear fluids and eat Jello.< /p>

Take care everyone!!!

XOXO

Janiee:kiss2:

movements today.

I have a question about crushing your pills. I've been crushing them and it really sucks mixing them in my Jello to eat them. What do you put your crushed pills in to make them go down easier?

Wrangler

I put my crushed hb pressure meds in chocolate pudding - it's isn't great cuz these pills have a bad taste to them just taking them whole with Water (preband method) or you might want to try yogurt - I don't think jello would be the best to mix them with - but again I am not a big jello fan.

Hi, All!

Didn't beat the afternoon commute traffic, but we were home by 6 p.m. Everything went very well and I so much appreciate all your support and well wishes. Surgery lasted about 90 minutes, they seemed to keep me a long time in recovery but I don't know why because I was doing fine. Anyways, Nurse John and I were pretty good friends by the time they moved me to a room!!

Port hurts and the rest of my belly is starting to get sore so I just took a dose of my liquid Vicodin. Condo is only 900 sq ft and its pouring down rain, so I'm walking back & forth a little inside. No problem with my Clear Liquids. I'm sipping green tea, I've had some chicken broth, apple juice, cranberry juice. Juices seem to sweet, so diluting with Water.

Trying to catch up on all your posts, but after that pain med, I just want to go to sleep!

Phyl

OMG you have done so much better than me... I was a big baby as you will see when you read my post.. So glad to hear that you are doing so good.

You know we have to get together when you come out this winter. By then we will be able to eat regular food :hungry:.. We can share a plate since we won't be eating that much :nervous.

I am on full liquids and can't wait for mushie and soft foods - I want a RARE hamburger patty...