Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

The old kitchen is 'U' shaped and too small to fit both of us. The cupboards were falling apart.

The new is 'L' shaped and much better looking. Not finished yet... they are working on it as I post. But here's a sneak preview.

post-220980-13813135275338_thumb.jpg

post-220980-13813135275564_thumb.jpg

I almost forgot, SuzieLondon is getting banded today. Good Luck Suzie, sorry this is so late, but the way my calendar prints, it cuts off all the Saturdays.

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Please come back and tell us how everything went!!

For the 26th I have on the calendar:

Frustrated, Sunshine, Kathybad, JennyL. and NewCC.

Ok, Frustrated, Sunny, Jenny and NewCC... 5 day countdown... I can't wait. The pre-op diet so far has been a bust. I started out strong, but lost my way, due to the chaos with the kitchen. But I know I'll be hugely successful the the band... now I just want it to happen.

What time is everyone's surgery? Mine is at 1pm. I drive to Toronto that morning (2-1/2 hr drive) and back home that night. So I won't be online until the next day likely.

Kathy, the kitchen looks great. I think it really opens it up putting it into the 'L' shape. They did a great job.

Ok, enough people have asked to see my little girl.. so I'll show you. I doubt the birth parents will ever see this, so I guess it's ok.

I'm also showing one of me just so you can see how much she looks like me...

post-220980-13813135275776_thumb.jpg

post-220980-13813135275982_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

Jeanie mentioned this thread is her new obession. Mine too. I don't post a lot, but I have to check a minimum of 4 times a day. I kept checking yesterday waiting for Aunty Phyl to come back.

Aunty Phyl, when you posted yesterday I was so happy!! Aunty Phly's back the same day. YEAH.!!!!! :clap2:Thanks so much, I'm am still getting scared sometimes, but I can do this. When I went to my pre-op at the surgery center everyone was soooo nice, I know I'll be fine.

Sunny - My Mom is also with me, for the past 5 months now. All I can say is it ain't easy. In the words of one of our school psychologists I come from a FUFF. F......ed Up Family.

Jackie - Your pre-op diet sounds like a nightmare. Thank God I didn't have to do that. My is like: 4 Optifast drinks per day, dinner 3oz lean meat, and 1/2 cup veg. and thats only the worst day.

OMG Kathy she looks just like you, you have a mini me. She's beautiful!!!! Your kitchen looks great. Once again, I am jealous. We STILL can't get a plumber to start our job. We got one to give us a price, 7000.00 to put in one bathroom, fixtures not included. That's highway robbery!!!!

Lynette - I was thinking the same thing. Somebody just pulled a Felicia on us. BTW were is Felicia????

Kathy, she's beautiful!!!!!!!! And I'd never know she wasn't yours biologically!! How sweet. Now Hunter can have 2 girlfriends!!!!

Mango, you can do this. Won't be long now for you.

Mango, too bad we're not closer, my DH is a plumber and does A LOT of side jobs. $7,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is highway robbery.

I haven't heard anyting from Felicia for a while. Hope everything is ok.

<p>I am scheduled for 11:00, be there at 10, and only about 20 minutes from home. I met women at my med appointments that are doing the 2-4 hour drives. I really respect the additional committment y'all make! </p> <p> </p> <p>Kathy, the new kitchen looks great! And your daughter does look very much like you. How neat for both of you! </p> <p> </p> <p>Pre-op: I was told to do 2 Protein shakes a day, lean meat and veggies twice a day and a cup of fruit. At my seminar (same Dr. group as I chose for my surgery) we were told that the pre diet would be 2 weeks but they only told me to do one..... I actually started it about 10 days out because I was excited - now a tiny bit sorry! I think I am cheating b/c I count chinese food as the meat and veggies. I think they use a lot of oil and msg (read msg is probably bad for liver). I have to think of better things. Also, I've used a little feta or parmisan(sp) cheese in salads, topping them with a fish or some chicken. </p> <p> </p> <p>They have me deleting all sugar and carbs. I had forgotten (Adkins diet days) how the carb cravings go away when I don't eat any! I think the POST diet is going to be harder b/c it may allow more carbs and therefore potential cravings to deal with.</p> <p> </p> <p>I quit diet coke right away - just to be really committed to the no soda rule. I LOVE being diet-coke free! I feel like I overcame an addiction!!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>C</p>

Anyone been on ediets.com? I like how this site puts together a fitness plan based on your activity level and needs. It also shows you how to do the "functional exercises" (floor exercises), so you don't have to guess.

If you haven't been to this site, check it out. There is a monthly fee to join, but you can check it out without paying.

It also gives you a diet based on your requirements. I've chosen the GI diet, as I'm diabetic and would like to follow this style of eating.

Lynette - Darn!

NewCC - Everythings Betta With Feta!

TTFN - I have to bring Mischief to the groomer.

They have me deleting all sugar and carbs. I had forgotten (Adkins diet days) how the carb cravings go away when I don't eat any! I think the POST diet is going to be harder b/c it may allow more carbs and therefore potential cravings to deal with.

I forgot too, and I always get a sugar withdrawl migrane in my first few days... This time around it lasted 3 days, which is not so bad.

Denise, Don't be nervous. I was so pleased with how everything went. And after hanging out here for the last month or two, I was completely prepared.. no surprises, knew exactly what to expect.

Kathy, the little one is adorable and the resemblance uncanny!! I do hope you get to go to Palm (HOT) Springs. We spend the winters near there in our RV and we LOVE it. IndioGirl lives nearby. (Hope we hear from her soon!) Don't miss the Palm Springs Aerial Tram!! Fabulous, exciting, a great experience!!