Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi Christy,

I am in Georgia too!! I live 30 min south of Atlanta......

Good Luck with your nursing test!

Patricia

I,too, live in Georgia. Augusta, GA. How close are we to each other?

Good morning to everyone!!! It is a beautiful day here:) (Thanks, Sunny!), but a little crisp, only 50 degrees and they say tonight could drop to the 40's. I think it is to get to 75 today though!!!! What a summer!!! Oddest weather, highs and lows, no in between!!!:P

Sunny, sorry I missed you!!! Seems to happen a lot!!!! Have a great day! Thanks for the Sunshine!!!!

Lynette, my Honey has comments like the "bandalier" one all the time, about everything! I don't know how he does it, but he comes up with these things on the spur of the moment! He is such a clown and always is the life of the party! I love him to death though, but there are times I have to say, "Now, seriously, what do you think??" LOL

:cryYour family was rather inconsiderate to leave you and your family out!!! They could have at least told you about it and left you decide what you wanted to do!!! Your husband could have taken Hunter, if you weren't up to it!!! People are so crude!!! They don't even think!!! I guess they think you can't contribute to the good time, because you are eating small amounts!!!! Where's their head???? :) Just rude!:car: Someone probably THOUGHT they were doing you a favor, but again, you are a grownup and surely could've made that decision on your own!!! The bad thing is those hurts stick around for a long time, it is hard to get past them sometimes! You'll have to do something special with your little man anyway this weekend! Hey, and you'll have a better time anyway!:whoo:

Laurend, and your dad ... I can't believe that either!!! ;) I am sure he loves you, but seems like he needs to be put straight and hopefully it will be a done deal and you won't have to deal with it anymore!!! Sometimes we just have to get it off our chest and move on! I know for years my husband's family would make little remarks about weight, which were always directed at me ... my husband finally had enough and told them, if they want us there, the comments will stop, otherwise we won't be attending anymore gatherings!!! I felt awful, but it has stopped and they don't do it anymore, in fact, they couldn't be nicer!!!:car:

Oh, Laurend, have fun on vacation!!!! Think of us!!! Thanks for the spreadsheet too!!!:)

Lindaa, it does stink not to be able to have our favorite foods, but it seems to get better for me as time goes on!!! The results are awesome and when I think of how much better I feel, I really don't want it anyway!:)

BiggestLoser, welcome to our thread!!!! Hang in there w/the pre-op thing ... seems like each stage has it's drawbacks, but well worth it!!! We can do it!!!:)

MsPris- hang in there! Keep in touch and best wishes with everthing! Keep us posted!:)

Phyllser, Congratulations!!! :) Hey, and I am jealous, I didn't have a Nurse John!!!!! How lucky are you? Hope he was cute!!! I am sure the drive wasn't much fun! I know when I came home, I couldn't wait to get here! There is no place like home! The highway just wouldn't have done it for me either! Especially, traffic jams ... I don't enjoy them on a good day!:car:

dieka, perhaps spice up your shakes a bit w/fruit or cinnamon, Peanut Butter, whatever, make them into icy drinks, etc. Have you tried the sugar free fudgesicles or popsicles, I bought sugar free popsicles w/fat free ice cream in them. They were delicious! Do you like low sodium V8 juice? That gives me a lift too!:)

dieka, nicely put!!!!:speechles

"Lynette, Maybe you can ask them to please invite you to things and let YOU decide if you can "handle it." It seems so improper for them to just exclude you without any option! I think they think they are being kind confused.gif. I'm sorry it happened."

Good morning, Everyone ... who's missing ... Kathybad, Chimboree, Dini ...??????????????? Hi!!!!!!!:)

Lynette, that was terrible thing to do in my opinion. Even if you couldn't eat, and you can, you would want to be at the party, giving presents and enjoying the fun. This was especially mean to your son. Why didn't they invite him? I sure hope this was done intending to be nice and they didn't realize it hurt you. Do they resent you having the surgery or are they jealous?? YOU handled it in a very classy way. {{hugs}}

Phyl, welcome home. You did so well. Keep on walking in cirlcles :) It must not have been pleasant caught in that traffic right after surgery. Luckily we are not so congested here. Pain medicine does the same to me...right to sleep. i would advise a stool softener starting now so you don't get constipated from the pain med

laurend, it must really hurt for you father to say such things. I see the hypocrisy of what is saying and doing. Too bad he doesn't. just keep responding that you are doing what you doctor instructed. At least you can talk to you mother about it. Maybe she will talk with him.

My mother used to also make comments about how i need to lose weight. Of course, she was only saying this because she loved me. Several years ago I had enough. I had gone to visit her and within 30 min she was telling me how much she loved and how i needed to lose weight. I got sarcastic thanking her for telling me. I didn't notice I was large when I looked in the mirror or bought size 26 jeans. Thank you for letting me know this. Then i told her i was tired of it. Everytime I was around her she started on my weight and it hurt and bothered me. If she continued i was just probably start coming to visit less and less because why would i want to deliberately put myself through. She started crying try to put the guilt trip on me. i stood firm. Needless to say, she stopped with the comment. Now, at 83, she lives with me and we get along fine. No weight comments:biggrin1:

dieka, good going with the meal. I wonder how I am going to do that after surgery. my mother lives with me and I have to fix meals for her. She will be eating a lot of fast food hamburgers in the coming weeks :biggrin1:

Hi Linda. Everything going well?

Biggest Loser, welcome and jump right in. my surgery is on the 26th. When is yours?

Good morning NewCC. Everything going well?

Dini girl, I missed you last night. Maybe we can be on at the same time today. i am doing major cleaning this weekend so that everything will be in good shape by Thursday. my cousin is coming Wednesday and will be taking me to surgery and staying with me a couple of days. hugs to Annafrancesca from Aunti Sunny.

:)Sunny, Don't overdo it today on the cleaning!!!! That's what I need to get started on right now!!!! YIKES!!! Hate that! Same thing, every day! Gets a bit tiresome to say the least!!!! Won't be long, Hun! Nice that your mom lives with you and you get along so well! I am sure she appreciates you just as you are!!!! Hey, who couldn't use a little Sunshine??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):clap2:

dmtjet, good morning to you. Where do you live with all that wonderful weather. I live near the opening to hell. 'why else would it be so incredibly HOT here. I just love cool weather. Late fall and winter are my favorite. And early spring when it is still cooler. We have 2 seasons here, Hot and cooler...:)

I loved the bandalier comment. That's cute. So he is fun and supportive. You definitely have yourself a keeper...;)

Ms pris, good to hear you are doing well. Getting the drain out will definitely be an improvement. i am so glad you are sticking with us. We need your support.

jeanie, I hate housework. I am the worst housekeeper. I am an excellent nurse, however :biggrin1: I have to do it this weekend. my cousin is coming, my surgery is Thursday. Today will an terrible day of housework. i always wished i enjoyed it more...not!!!

my shift keep is not working but on occasion. Just to let you know i do know proper English and how to write. i am going to have to get this fixed. I use this laptop for everthing. Bummer.

Sunny, I live right outside of Johnstown, PA. Oh, we get all the weather here!!!! YIKES!!!! Some good, and some NOT so good, but overall I like it! I don't enjoy winter, it slows everything down to a crawl and everyone seems to put everything off until it is over, such as exercising, etc. I mean there are times that being inside watching a beautiful snowfall can be wonderful, but not so much fun when you have to go out in it!!! We get some rough winters!!! This summer hasn't been are usual though, we usually have highs in the 80's and 90's, a few close 100, but this year has just been odd!!!! Not sure what that is all about!

Sunny, this thread is so informal, no one would have even remotely noticed a problem w/the shift key, lol!!!!!!! Don't envy you cleaning, but if you get bored and need more ... I know where you can find some!!!!!! LOL

I used to play online games, but now that I found this thread, this is my entertainment/relaxation!!! :clap2: I love it! Never did chatting before, but this is addictive!!!!! It is my new OBSESSION, lol!!!! I feel lost if I don't check it periodically!!!!! How sad is that??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I guess I will bite the bullet and do some housework ... if I have to, (sigh)! I will check back later!

My husband is a gem! I am such a lucky girl! He is the sweetest man I have ever met and a heart of gold! Like I said, the only thing that gets under my skin sometimes is when he is not serious ... especially if I am dead serious about something and he makes it into a joke! I know he does it to try to relax me, because I do have nerve issues, but sometimes it enfuriates me!!!! LOL

Good morning!

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I won't be on much today. I am cleaning house right now and then I have to leave for my sleep study tonight. This is the last test for surgery!!!!

I can't believe it is so close.

Sunny and Dmtjet, hope ya'll have a great day. Sunny, I hear ya about the housekeeping stuff. I want to get a maid eventually...that comes once a week. That should help me out tremendously! But, that's not in the budget just yet.

Good Morning to all my fellow Banders!!

Feeling better today about the family situation. I've consider my mother to be anything but supportive my whole life, so it's not suprising for her to do this. My sister on the other hand, is a different story. She is overweight, maybe jealous as she hasn't even asked me how I've felt except for day I got our of the hospital. Neither my mother or sister has asked how much weight I've lost, and I refuse to tell them, unless they ask me first. I've just decided that even though I feel like I was harassed about my weight all my life by my mother, that now even though I've chosen to take control over it doesn't mean she is now going to change her ways or how she treats me.

This is only the first of many things I see her doing, and only the first birthday that has passed since my banding date, so in September, we'll see if anything different with my nephews birthday.

My sister and I haven't been real close. She lives directly acrossed the street from my mother, so they are very close. I'm not jealous of this, I'd KILL myself if I lived that close to my mom. My sister depends on my mom to help her run the kids around, get dinner on the table for her family, etc. I don't need my mom like this, and I think she'd like me to need her that way too, but we're in 2 different states (only 20 minutes drive time)

It's going to be intersting to see if anything is said later on about this.

For now, my son thinks Ally is sick and they canceled the party. What else am I supposed to tell him. It' not like they'll be rescheduling, they've already had it!!

I hate to notice all the bad mothering, or shall I say lack of proper mothering we've had around this group. It's a shame. I'm sure the next generations will have so much less pressure than we did, becaue we've been there,so that is at least a benefit of all of this,if that is what you can call it.

Hunter will be fine today, I will make sure of it. He has a great mother, and I'm going to take him to the Water park today if it warms up. Hopefully he'll forget all about it.

Welcome Biggest Loser. We have a great support group here. Have to ask, are you a fan of the Bigest Loser show?? I actually sent a tape in to try and get on the show in January, 2006. Of course, it didn't happen, but I still love the show.

MsPris, hope your appointment with your surgeon goes well on Thursday.

Keep us posted on your recovery.

dieka, hang in there. You can do this. There is nothing that will taste as good as you will feel when you get on that scale and see a loss.

Hi Jeanie & Sunny. Don't leave now that I just found time to login.

I hate housework too. My DH does most of it, but I still have to chip in once in awhile. He teases me that he's the wife and I'm the husband. But since he works part time and I'm the career person, it works for us. He's a Porter at the hospital and it take centuries for them to get full time positions. Its mostly based on senority, not skill or work ethic. So he works 6 shifts per 2 week pay period, and then is on call 24/7. This gives him lots of time with the kids and around the house.

I hate the really hot weather... I'd call it "hell" too if I lived where you are Sunny. I love the spring and fall, a bit of summer and hate the cold of winter. I would love it if we had 3 months of spring, 2 weeks of summer, 8 months of fall and 2 weeks of winter (over xmas). That would be my ideal.

Sounds like everyone is cleaning house today.

dmtjet, my DH and your DH could be twins. Mine is a clown too, even when I need him to be serious about something.

Chim, hope your sleep study goes well tonight. You're in the final stretch now.

Sunny, how do you live with your mother after all that.

Who was it that was talking about 'grits' earlier this week?

I just had my first bowl, took 45 minutes to eat it all, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I think I'm going to take my hour walk today. It's still kind of cool out, so it shouldn't be to bad.