Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Kathy- Congradulations to your family. The pictures were so great...you look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! What a blessed time for you and your husband. Best luck on your trip.....What do you do for your job?

Hello to everyone. Sorry I am not able to adress everyone. I work about 30 hours in 3 days-Tues through thursday.....I get online only to check up on somethings, and try to read and keep up on the posts but its so hard....

I think that the Drs office was right. I feel more restricted this week than last... I did not feel any different with my fill last week at all, but I have been struggling all day to get food down. I had to order lunch out today....We got a local chinese takeout. I ordered steammed chicken and broccoli-no sauce and brown rice. I got one bite of chicken and one bite of broccoli in- the third bite got stuck. I took small bites and really chewed, but I coulnt get it down at all. It took a while for it to come up also. It really made my inside feel "raw" all day. Tonight for dinner I just had some broth, and had trouble with that!! I can take small sips of Water only right now. I am taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Goodnight to all......

Kathy- Congradulations to your family. The pictures were so great...you look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! What a blessed time for you and your husband. Best luck on your trip.....What do you do for your job?

Hello to everyone. Sorry I am not able to adress everyone. I work about 30 hours in 3 days-Tues through thursday.....I get online only to check up on somethings, and try to read and keep up on the posts but its so hard....

I think that the Drs office was right. I feel more restricted this week than last... I did not feel any different with my fill last week at all, but I have been struggling all day to get food down. I had to order lunch out today....We got a local chinese takeout. I ordered steammed chicken and broccoli-no sauce and brown rice. I got one bite of chicken and one bite of broccoli in- the third bite got stuck. I took small bites and really chewed, but I coulnt get it down at all. It took a while for it to come up also. It really made my inside feel "raw" all day. Tonight for dinner I just had some broth, and had trouble with that!! I can take small sips of Water only right now. I am taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Goodnight to all......

:sick So sorry you got stuck! I know how that is...

I think I always RUSH my first bite, then don't wait long enough before I put in forkfull #2,, and by the time I realize... the 3rd is STUCK and has to come up.

I made myself a healthy lunch for at work today. Three bean salad, made with Splenda (I am really a good cook) anyways, I thought canned kidney Beans hummm that'll be really easy to chew....NOT!!

I PB'd it at work, had a patient waiting for me at the counter to pay as I am 'upchucking in the Ladies Rm'... when I came out she says "are you o.k. you face is all RED?"

Then I skipped to my Yogurt, and IT got stuck, I gave up dinner then and just worked the rest ofmy shift without anyfood.

Too embarrassing at work, think I'll go back to Protien shakes when I am at work.

Hey gang!

How's everyone? Kathy, a huge congratulations to you on the adoption. It's official now!!! And what a lovely family you have. ;) You're gonna be in my neck of the woods! You're coming to Maryland. Yay! I'm 2 hours south of Baltimore, though. Yes, you absolutely HAVE to eat crab when you come to Maryland. We are known for them.

Hey Dini sweetie! What's new?

I can't wait until I get my first fill. Can ya'll believe I still haven't had my first fill, yet? Not until 9/27. I need one ASAP. Most of you are on your 2nd and 3rd fill. :cry I can eat quite a bit, so the 27th can't get here fast enough. Not sure of my weight loss b/c I don't weigh myself. I wait until my doc appts for that. Other people keep telling me that I look great and that I'm losing...guess I'll know soon enough. I hope my doc is aggressive w/filling.

I am doing good. I just got back from my 3 mile walk, IN THE RAIN!!!!!!! UUUGGHHHH!! My own damn fault though. I was too damn lazy to go to the gym today when I was in town. I told my friend 'oh I will just walk tonight outside at home' and then I piddled around with her in town. I knew it was supposed to rain so it is my own fault. Oh well I had an umbrella so it wasn't all that bad. LOL:D

Good for you!!! You worked it out, even in the rain!!! Now that's commitment and determination!

I ordered steammed chicken and broccoli-no sauce and brown rice. I got one bite of chicken and one bite of broccoli in- the third bite got stuck. I took small bites and really chewed, but I coulnt get it down at all. It took a while for it to come up also. It really made my inside feel "raw" all day. Tonight for dinner I just had some broth, and had trouble with that!! I can take small sips of Water only right now. I am taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Goodnight to all......

I'm sorry about your PB. Getting stuck and PB'ing is no fun at all. It bites the big one. I know I will be doing all that I can to avoid a PB. The golf ball feeling, the watery eyes, the runny nose...

But, I still LOVE my band!!! :biggrin1:

dini- hey babes!!! Your weight loss is amazing!! Your doing wonderful. Can't wait to see the numbers that you are seeing. Congrats to you!! You are definately inspiring all of us.

I am doing good. I just got back from my 3 mile walk, IN THE RAIN!!!!!!! UUUGGHHHH!! My own damn fault though. I was too damn lazy to go to the gym today when I was in town. I told my friend 'oh I will just walk tonight outside at home' and then I piddled around with her in town. I knew it was supposed to rain so it is my own fault. Oh well I had an umbrella so it wasn't all that bad. LOL:D

ah thanks Sugar! you wont be seeing me out in the rain walking 3 miles , actually you wont see me walking half a mile in the rain so it is actually you who is inspiring me... i wish i could walk i just dont like it. i try and try to enjoy it and with a friend its not too bad but i dont know how people go for 3 mile walks cos i loose my mind even if i've got my ipod i start thinking of thinks that need to be done and then i skip to if i won the Lotto how amazing would that be etc...... just can't do it xx

Goodnight to all......

Oh sweety be careful, i know what i'm talking about here i was too restricted. i couldn't keep a lot down and my hair started falling out and i felt really weak. i know a lot of doctors say if you feel over filled come into us and we'll loosen it a little. if you dont get all your Protein in will start feeling ill. hope if loosens up a little for you. and please dont be pig headed like me and say you can deal with it cos its really not a nice way of living always going to the toilet to get sick.

Hey gang!

How's everyone? Kathy, a huge congratulations to you on the adoption. It's official now!!! And what a lovely family you have. ;) You're gonna be in my neck of the woods! You're coming to Maryland. Yay! I'm 2 hours south of Baltimore, though. Yes, you absolutely HAVE to eat crab when you come to Maryland. We are known for them.

Hey Dini sweetie! What's new?

I can't wait until I get my first fill. Can ya'll believe I still haven't had my first fill, yet? Not until 9/27. I need one ASAP. Most of you are on your 2nd and 3rd fill. :cry I can eat quite a bit, so the 27th can't get here fast enough. Not sure of my weight loss b/c I don't weigh myself. I wait until my doc appts for that. Other people keep telling me that I look great and that I'm losing...guess I'll know soon enough. I hope my doc is aggressive w/filling.

hey hey hey Hot Lips how you doing? i'm good! off to the Cinema (Movies) tonight. I love going there and Adam said last night to me i think its best if you call up one of your friend and go to the cinema tomorrow. i said why its my day off i wanna spend time as a family we dont do that!!!! and he said but the football (soccer) is on and his team is playing. I said ah ok i'll go out trying to act all annoyed.. i wasn;t annoyed cos i had already arranged to go out with my girlfriend Rosie.... HEH HEH HEH!!!!

Hows your man doing?? sorry can't remember he's name..

oh yeah ... Chim my doctor said that i need to weight myself 1 time a weeks cos if i'm not loosing weight for 2 weeks max 3 i need another fill

hows everyone else doing??

where Momma Dmtjet!! hope all is well with you

big shout out to Lynette too and everyone else xx

Hey everyone - how are ya'll doing - by reading the post eveyone is doing fine..

I was watching Biggest Loser last night and they are wearing the BodyBugg - Chim did you ever get one?? It looked interesting...

But OMG $399 and only 3 months support - but I would like to see what my workouts look like on the computer :rolleyes: and it says can tell the calories your consume??

Does anyone have one??? or know the story???

Chim- I can't believe you haven't had a fill. You are a hero! Wow!

Indio- yesterday I felt like I was cheating because I am not supposed to snack, and also I could have made a better choice. But I hear your point, we can eat anything, and that's one of the reasons I chose the band in the first place.

Chim- I can't believe you haven't had a fill. You are a hero! Wow!

Indio- yesterday I felt like I was cheating because I am not supposed to snack, and also I could have made a better choice. But I hear your point, we can eat anything, and that's one of the reasons I chose the band in the first place.

CeCe

Imho - I think not being able to snack is sort of setting you up for failure. 99% of any kind of healthy program has healthy Snacks and we are human - gotta have something we ENJOY once and a while. I am a firm believer in tweaking things to make them work for you. That's why I save my snacks for night - otherwise I would go over on my calories all the time. I can't help it - i am hungry at night... So I make it work for me.

Also to the gang - I gotta say we have a GREAT group of women here.

There are some post out there on general lapbandtalk that people really are getting into it - ck out the Catholic & Communne (sp) thread - We don't fight and get all pissed off if someone say they think it's ok - or if they don't - I just wanted to give you all Props for being a great group of women :clap2::clap2::clap2:

hey guys? anyone around tonight??

I'm at work killing 9 minutes til I go home (4p.m. california time) then gotta run by the store - home change clothes and head to the gym.

What time is it for you??? like 8hrs ahead of me??

By the time i get home and back onthe computer (if I do) you will be nighty night...

Hope you are doing good - how was the show?? Did you eat popcorn - with or with butter :rolleyes:

Have sweet dreams - talk at you later

xoxox

Janet

Janet my darling, the show was fab i went to see ATONEMENT. great film. did not have the ending i wanted but hey not to worry.

i shared a pop with no butter with my girlfriend but honestly i only eat maybe a cup full wasn't really bothers with it.

i'm doing good thanks. it is now 00.05 so you are very much correct 8 hours ahead!!!

hope you had a good day at work and enjoy your session at the gym

night x

I TOTALLY agree that we have an EXCELLENT support system with each other on the lucky # 7's. I have to admit that I haven't even looked at another thread on lapbandtalk since right before surgery. I was getting freaked out by some of the 'horror' stories before surgery so I had decided I wouldn't look at other threads b-4 and then I just never went back. I know there is alot of great info out there but honestly I get worried when I read some of those posts and we do have a great system right here in our own yard so for right now I don't feel like I need to look over he fence. LOL

:car: to all!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing great tonight. I'll try to check back in later!!

I TOTALLY agree that we have an EXCELLENT support system with each other on the lucky # 7's. I have to admit that I haven't even looked at another thread on lapbandtalk since right before surgery. I was getting freaked out by some of the 'horror' stories before surgery so I had decided I wouldn't look at other threads b-4 and then I just never went back. I know there is alot of great info out there but honestly I get worried when I read some of those posts and we do have a great system right here in our own yard so for right now I don't feel like I need to look over he fence. LOL

:car: to all!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing great tonight. I'll try to check back in later!!

I agree this is an awesome thread. I think part of what makes it great is we are all literally in this together. I mean we all got banded within a month of each other so we really are helping each other through probably one of the biggest transitions we have gone through! You guys are awesome. :whoo::whoo::whoo:

CeCe

Imho - I think not being able to snack is sort of setting you up for failure. 99% of any kind of healthy program has healthy Snacks and we are human - gotta have something we ENJOY once and a while. I am a firm believer in tweaking things to make them work for you. That's why I save my snacks for night - otherwise I would go over on my calories all the time. I can't help it - i am hungry at night... So I make it work for me.

Also to the gang - I gotta say we have a GREAT group of women here.

There are some post out there on general lapbandtalk that people really are getting into it - ck out the Catholic & Communne (sp) thread - We don't fight and get all pissed off if someone say they think it's ok - or if they don't - I just wanted to give you all Props for being a great group of women :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I must say I am so impressed by how much so many of you are doing. The gym, counting all your calories. IT IS AWESOME! For me that could be why I am not losing as fast but I know me, I would do it for a while then not anymore. I have sweets on a regular basis. For me if I didn't I know I would breakdown one day and that would be all I ate from thereon in. So I eat healthy but I must have my sweets - not nearly as much as pre-band. I exercise more than I did before but not all the time. I know this is causing (sp?) me to lose slower but I have to try to accept that. I mean heck - the quantities I eat are incredibly smaller than pre-band. In the long run it will be ok. :)

I hardly go to any other threads as well. Every once in a while I'm like "Oh yeah - there are other threads on this site!" and I will go out looking and learn stuff. This site is soooo big that it could eat all your time up!:hungry:

I highly recommend the Before and After pics thread. I find them so motivating. I feel like I am losing slowly so I look at the pics and feel encouraged. I also go to the before and after at the ObesityHelp.com website.

Did something REALLY stupid tonight.

I've eaten Icecream, now I feel really bloated and gross. Don't know what got into me!!! I've been doing so well with the BAND...

Argh!!!