Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey guys. I haven't posted here in awhile. I'm having a hard time keeping up! It's such a long thread and since I haven't been around since the beginning, I don't know who everybody is.

Is there a list somewhere of everyone here that was banded in July?

Tomorrow is my 4 week Bandaversary and I'm down 21 pounds! I went to the pool today and my bathing suit was too big!! :whoo:

Welcome back! I don't know everybody, either, but feel like I do, from reading their stories. I don't know if there is a list, but there's seems to be a whole bunch of us! Congratulations on your success!

Does anyone else have a bulge at their port site? Mine sticks out a little in a "1 pack" (as part of a non existent 6 pack) sort of way. Just wondering.

Kathy- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so exciting! I bet you are thrilled and relieved. Beautiful family, may God bless you always!

Lynette- glad to hear you had a good time with your mom. I love omelettes too. I am very grateful not to have problems with eggs.

Ssankofa- I can't feel my port at all. As a matter of fact, my dr. had trouble finding it also. It took her literally 5 minutes to locate it. I was getting discouraged, and so was she. But it all worked out at the end.

Kathy - Adorable family

Aunty Phil - nailing Jello to a tree, what a hoot, I'm gonna use that one!

Night everyone, my computer is in my kids room cause my Mom now lives in the computer room. He's gripeing (sp?) at me to get lost. I can't see the keys in the dark anyway.

ssankofa - I can't find a port anywhere.

I'm about to smack my kid, like going to sleep for school is that freakin important. Teenagers these days.

Hello my fellow bandsters. It is Sunday night about 11:30pm here. I am bushed but wanted to get on for a ew minutes and check in. I see everyone seems to be doing so well. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Auntie Phil- Sounds like you are staying busy with the grandkids. The game sounded likes lots of fun!! That was a perk huh?

Lynette- doesn't it feel great when the pants start getting lose? Congrats!!

Dini- I am sorry I missed your post before you left. Hope you have a wonderful time

Kathybad- your family is beautiful. You are so blessed. Congrats on the court date!!!!!

Dmjet- how is school going? My kids started last Wednesday and I am loving it.

Everyone else congrats on all your progress!!!

Well we had the 16th birthday party yesterday. I was so tired today that I did next to nothing. Folded a load of laundry and put it away and everyone ate leftovers. The party was a great success and my daughter had a wonderful time. Couldn't have asked for a better day. It was 74 degree's with slight humidity but it wasnt uncomfortable. REALLY NICE.

My aunt and uncle came on their motorcycle that they just bought a trike package to put on the back. I got daring and asked them if I could drive it joking. They said 'yeah try it out you will love it.' I thought about it and I thought 'why not (besides the fact I don't have a license...LOL) Asked my DH to ride behind me and he asked 'are you serious' I said 'yeah lets go' We got on and he told me how to shift. I said ok and we took off. LOL I did fine and it was sooooo easy. I said to everyone when I got back 'if you can drive a stick shift car you can drive a motorcycle. LOL I don't kow if you all remember back to another post that I had made talking about how I am so afraid to ride behind my DH the last couple of years because I was afraid my weight would make his bike 'bottom out' LOL. Yesterday was a major NSV for me because I just figured I was gonna try it because I have lost some weight and damn it I have seen bigger people than me riding!!!!

DH came in the house this afternoon and asked me to go for a bike ride with him. I think I may have started something. LOL

I am finally off of my platea this past week.:whoo: I have lost 6 lbs this past week :biggrin1:(knock on wood. I hope it keeps up). Hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying (typing) it out loud. :)

Well I am off to bed. Have lots to do tomorrow before going to work.

Good 'nite all!!!

Kathy, congrats on the adoption date... that is indeed a reason to celebrate!!!

Enjoy your new kitchen.

I am leaving in a few minutes to DRIVE to Toronto for my 1st fill...

I;ll post later and fill you in (dah!)

Hi all,

I did not get a chance to get on here yesterday. I had a family party to go to.

Kathy- Congradulations on the upcoming adoption!!!!!!! You must be thrilled that it is finally here. Your family picture is just precious.

Ssanskoffa- I can barley feel my port sight. I can even sleep on my stomach and not feel it.

Hello to everyone else.............

Weird thing happend today....you know how I said that I had those salads, and nothing ever bothered me....Well, yesterday at the family party I was at. I had salad, and I just coulnt get it down. It just sat on my chest untill It came up. I was having one almost every day!! Im a little scared to try another one.

Hello everyone,

Happy day here. All of my kids are at school!!! My youngest started kingergarten today and I am alone. Wow. Feels wonderful, but there is a tinge of sadness. I don't have babies anymore and time only flies faster from here.

I have to decide what to do with my time now. I'll probably work more later, but for now I'm going to ultra organize the house and get rid of a lot of stuff my kids have outgrown.

I just got my first fill and I think I have great restriction. There was NOTHING to it. It was so easy, little pain and so quick, just like others report. Have no fear! I had lost about 26 lbs but regained about 6 in bandster hell. It's been my own fault, I haven't chose good quality foods. My habits are going to take time to tame. The scale is going down again-though I'm only on my 2nd day of solids again.

I am having one heck of a time figuring out too full versus something stuck though. After a fill is definately a new ball game. I need to get this figured out.

I started exercise just this morning after dropping the kids. I'm going to hit the gym 4 days a week to start- Tues through Friday, but I did Mon just this week. DH is off Mondays and I want that day for us.

I did just 20 minutes on the elliptical for starters- much less than I used to do, but I'll get there.

Lynette- wish I would have been online when you were worried for Hunter. Coordination is really the only way to assess a pre-K child- they

can't read, write etc, so hopping, skipping and cutting give genereal ideas of their whereabouts -and you're exactly right- if they've never done it of course they don't know how :).

Sunny- I'm so sorry about your baby. I'm a little concerned about what happened though. Your description of symptoms is exactly like one of ours had, but from an accidental situation. I won't go into detail unless you ask. I send my condolances.

Congratulations to the great losers- rah rah rah. For those of us struggling, we're not going to give up. We're going to have to practice patience and perseverance. Old habits die HARD. I can't wait for everyone to get that first fill and see how our band can be such a rude reminder to work harder on bad habits. I know I'm liking my band a little more now. We're all going to be skinny soon. No doubt about it.

Hey Appleblossom!!! Good to hear from you. You're doing great despite the small gain during Bandster Hell. Everyone has been telling me it's okay if you gain a little during that period b/c it will drop off once you get restriction.

But you're right about our old habits. They will die hard. I find myself still eating a little too fast. I'm constantly reminding myself to slow down.

And also, good for you w/the exercise!!! It makes all the difference in the world.

Mango - try teaching your kids to sleep when the sun is still coming through the windows! Nothin' like the "midnight sun" to screw with everything!:bored

only4me - salad is a funny thing...I find you really have to chew it up or it could just plug up the little tube to your stomach! I wouldn't give up on it, but maybe try switching a little - a small, chewed bite of salad and then a bite of something else.:hungry:

AppleBlossom - I, too, am having trouble decifering between full and stuck. I will take a bite and think "ok, that was enough, that was almost bad" and then after a few minutes I can eat a few more bites...hmmm Also, DH is home, no kids...HAVE SEX! It's a great way to spend time together and burn calories! Who said you shouldn't "excersize" together?:)

Alaska Update - Ok, so I made it through a fill, a vacation, and even the fair and I come home and weigh myself...I've LOST 5 lbs! :whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2:This is GREAT because I thought I was eating all the time! I feel good and need some new jeans, but that'll have to wait until I get ahold of some money! Haha!

The chicken Slaughter of 2007 went well. I got off the plane, came into the house, changed clothes and started the carnage! It was a lot easier than I expected. It was time consuming and pretty physical (ripping the skin off of a bird is strenuous!) so my legs and arms are hurting (the GOOD hurt) today. I'll go for a walk later and stretch it all out. Needless to say, I ended up with a cooler half full of chicken meat! :hungry:Not that it was the goal, but even the kids enjoyed watching mom! (Poor Stormy wasn't sure what to make of it all.)

I feel like I don't have good restriction...I can still eat more than I "should" so I'll be looking at getting another fill next month maybe.

Oh, do I miss the fast internet!!!

WOW, lots to read today.

Chim, I think it's great about being in the top 5 threads. We've got a great family around here don't we. That hubby is right around the corner for you. Keep your chim up, and you're lible to bump right into him!!!

SharronRT, welcome (back) to the Lucky 7's.

Dmtjet, thanks for the list. It is soooo long. How wonderful is that. Hope school goes good for you this week.

ssankofa, hate having computer problems. Mine was down a while but I think I finally have it figured out. I can feel my port, but I believe I can also feel my band. It's strange, but about 2 inches above where my doc put the fill in, I feel another bump, which has to be the band. There's nothing esle that I can think it would be.

Kathy, congrats on getting the court date. What a great day it will be when you can finally bring her home as your own (on paper) The new picture is just so cute of all of you.

Phyl, sounds like you're keeping busy with the grandkids. I bet it's reat visiting or a bit.

jackie, you go girl. You should get out and enjoy a ride with your DH.

Peaches, good luck on the fill. Have a safe trip.

AppleBlossom, welcome back and thanks for the words about Hunter. He is doing great, and we're working with him on the things he's not done so he can learn them.

Marcy, congrats on the 5 lb. loss. That's wonderful. Glad you feel some restriction now.

Well, I just had a steak dinner tonight. It was so good, and I chewed so much my jaw hurts, but I figured it would be much harder to eat after Wednesday when I get my next fill, so I went for it. I still feel like I'm eating more than the 4 to 5 ozs I should be, but I haven't gained any, so I guess I'm ok. Finally starting to add a little fruit and veggies into my diet, as I've been so consumed in eating all this Protein all the time. I was beginning to feel like I was on Atkins again. I figured if I start my day with a Protein shake in the morning with a scoop and a half of powder, that alone gets me 35 grams of Protein, so I only need 35 more grams a day to reach 70 total. This is easy to do, and I'm not set on eating only protein the rest of the day.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Just stopping by the join and say hello to fellow July banders. I was banded July 31st...doing and feeling great so far. My port incision is still healing, can't wait til the scab falls off already! I am scheduled to have my first fill Sept. 10th. I'm so excited...and a little nervous but I'm ready to tighten 'er down!

Hi CityGirl,

I was also banded on the 31st.

I'm still not sure that I am ready for my first fill, but kinda feel left out. On the positive side of things, I still am reacting to the anesthetic and haven't felt really hungry yet (did the same thing after having my knees replaced). I'm sort of skating on that.

I'm having a very hard time getting in enough Water. It seems that waiting for at least 1 hr. after meals really gets in the way of drinking Water. Yesterday, I stood up and nearly keeled over. Also, has anyone else felt like they have a urinary infection, but don't really have one? Of course, when I make an appointment to have it tested, everything feels great and I cancel the appointment.

Anyway, I think that it is time to buy a new bathroom scale. I see the dr so rarely, that I don't know what my status is. I think I pitched my last scale many years ago when I was on WW.

Best to everyone.

Aww Kathy! Look at your beautiful family! I love your little girl. I still think it's so neat how much you 2 favor! I can't wait until I can have a family of my own. No husband, yet, so guess I'll just have to keep waiting.

Thanks, Chimboree... don't worry, you're still very young. I didn't meet my DH until my 31st birthday. Now 10 years later we have an amazing little family.