Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi All!

For those like Car, who have embarked on their workout routines..... congrats and keep it up! The pounds will melt off easier than just eating less alone.

Heres a mushy meal that I'm going to try in a few minutes.....a Jamaican Beef Patty. It looks like a turnover type of pastry but it's filled with groung beef. It comes in chicken and veggie style too. I don't know if you can get it everywhere though and its not so great on calories (410 for one) but i figured that it would fill me up and it will be a nice change from other typical mushy foods. My weight loss in the past thrived on variety, including where I workout.

Walking record

I walked to and from the beauty parlor today which was about 45 minutes in all. I also sip, sip, sipped my Water all day long. Even though it was only about 1.5 bottles worth, it was more than I've been doing in the recent past.

Love u guys!!

Go Lynette! Sounds like your 2nd fill went well. Once the weather breaks, you'll be more likely to get out and exercise. In the meantime, just keep at your TurboJams. And yes, the dog and $12M is absolutely ridiculous. Some people...

Hey Caz! Congrats on making it through the first day back and managing that stress! We all know that's a huge accomplishment.

BlueEyedBaby, unfortunately, welcome to Bandster Hell. No fun, huh? But Peaches is right. Just focus on healing. I was told by some other LBT members, eat when you're hungry during this time...just eat the right things. If you're on mushies, then eat mushies until your satisfied. If you're hungry 2 hours later, then eat some more mushies. Once you get a fill that provides restriction, you will leave Bandster Hell. I know for me, moving to solids has really helped. Maybe see if your doc will let you advance to the next stage.

SSanka! Great job on both the walking and the Water intake! I know how hard that Water thing is.

Jeanie, thank you sweetie! You made me blush!!! I love our group and love encouraging everyone! And I can't wait until my lil family comes along. I know it will be awesome!

Frustrated, I love the 'Ruby's Water Rules'!!! I will be using them tomorrow. And yes, this is the last summer I'll be fat...soon to be 'This is the last fall I'll be fat'.

Ok so I had the Beef patty and it was good but I have to be honest. There was a little gristle (sp?) in it. I just picked it out and kept chewing. Oh, well. Nothings perfect.

Hey Chim!

Thanks for the good words!

AppleBlossom - I have enjoyed crab cakes in the past, but nothing is better than just boiling the legs (in ocean Water preferred) and killing your hands to get at the meat! Makes it all worth it. I don't like Dungeness that much, I stick to King, but Snow Crab can be good too.

It's been a LONG couple of days. I've started watching a little girl and this is just NOT the job for me! I informed my friend today that this just cannot be permanent...two little ones is just to hard! I don't know how folks with twins do it!

Here are some pictures from the slaughter this past weekend. My 7-year old was my photographer and wanted me to "pose"....notice how my clothes are just hangin' on me! Also, here's a picture of one of my zucchini that I found in my greenhouse when I returned from my trip - imagine if it had been watered for the week I was gone! I'm grilling it tonight! YUM!:hungry:

post-219385-1381313545403_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813135454277_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813135454483_thumb.jpg

Has anybody eaten out much since banding? We went to a local buffet a couple weeks ago and the Restauranteer card we got when banded was great for a discount. I was thinking it might be a problem since in my mind it was uncommon. I've found that restaurants are familiar with the card and I've had no problem getting childrens meals or discounts. It's money back on the investment :).

What is this restranteer card your talking about? I have never heard of it?

Tennille - the card can be a couple of things...an actual card or a note form your doctor. I have my doc's business card with a note on the back that just says that I've had WLS and that I should order off of the children's or senior's menu since I cannot eat so much. I have not had to use my card, I just order what I want anyway (regardless of which menu it's on) and no one has questioned me...I have the card "just in case" though.

ssankofa and NewCC - thanks! I thought you all might enjoy the pictures! Oh, do you notice those blue skies? It was a good day in Nome!

WOW! Where is everyone this morning? Well, it's afternoon for the rest of you, but geez....no posts for today?!?! Strange!

Good News! I have been keeping in touch with an old high school friend. I keep seeing pictures of her diminishing and kept asking if she'd had surgery, but she never said...until today. Really, with all the weight loss I was sure she'd had a gastic bypass, but NO! She got the lap band a few years ago! She's lost 170 lbs! Not only that, when she got to her goal weight she got a complete unfill and KEPT LOSING! She's not dangerously thin, but apparently just needed a kick-start to where her body really wanted to be! I'm so excited for her...and for us...what hope!

AppleBlossom - I have enjoyed crab cakes in the past, but nothing is better than just boiling the legs (in ocean Water preferred) and killing your hands to get at the meat! Makes it all worth it. I don't like Dungeness that much, I stick to King, but Snow Crab can be good too.

Oh well- they turned out great. DH said not to change a thing and ate 3. I thought they were "just crab cakes" and was happy I also made prawns. The kids were not impressed at all which is why I made the prawns. Ugly faces as I expected hee hee! I'm with you. Love the King best, boiled and butter dipped- YUM.

Your slaughter picture grossed me out- but, that doesn't suprise me with you lol. I love your humor. Those clothes are getting big!

I had a happy weight check today. I'm 178- was 180.5 at last check. Down from 202. I'm getting the hang of slower eating and smaller bites. I had 1/2 a chicken ceasar wrap for lunch and didn't get it stuck. It was homemade, so half the size of a sandwich shop and I'm totally full and content. Gotta love that.

We booked a cruise for the end of April. I hope I'm at or near goal by then. I can't wait.

It so HOT and miserable here today. It is supposed to continue until after the weekend. Some clouds came in a dropped a couple rain drops so we're at 102-104 and muggy. I did not walk this morning. My Mom and I went shopping for my youngest son's birthday though. I will swim with the kids when they get out of school and call it good.

Anybody have weekend plans? We are going to the lake on Saturday and to a destruction derby on Sun night.

Good News! I have been keeping in touch with an old high school friend. I keep seeing pictures of her diminishing and kept asking if she'd had surgery, but she never said...until today. Really, with all the weight loss I was sure she'd had a gastic bypass, but NO! She got the lap band a few years ago! She's lost 170 lbs! Not only that, when she got to her goal weight she got a complete unfill and KEPT LOSING! She's not dangerously thin, but apparently just needed a kick-start to where her body really wanted to be! I'm so excited for her...and for us...what hope!

How neat is that!! That's motivating. Thanks for sharing.

Hey, hey, hey!!! How's everyone?

Marcy, I was cracking up at your pic w/the chix. And that zucchini is almost as big as your daughter. LOL!!! Great job w/your wt loss. Your clothes are baggy. Isn't that the best feeling!!!

AppleBlossom, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE crabcakes. Here in Southern Maryland, we're known for our seafood! Next time you make some, use some Old Bay Seasoning. I love it!

What is this restranteer card your talking about? I have never heard of it?

Hi Tenille,

When I was banded I was given 2 cards. One is the patiend ID card from Inamed/Biocentrics with the serial number and size of my band. The other is made of credit card plastic, has my MD's name and phone number on it along with my name, my picture, date of surgery and for some IDIOTIC reason my starting weight. On the back is a picture of the lap band system, my MD's info again and a message stating, "Restauranteer: Please note this patient should be authorized to order from the kids menu, sampler or only appetizers." It also states medical precautions. I have not had to even show the front with my picture. I don't want people to see my starting weight. I've just shown the back and been fine. I'd call your Doctor if you didn't get something similar, or after the ease that I've experienced with restaurants, I'd bet pretty much any restaurant would take your id card since that says you can only eat "small portions of food at a time, 3-4 ounces or 1/2 cup".

Hey, hey, hey!!! How's everyone?

AppleBlossom, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE crabcakes. Here in Southern Maryland, we're known for our seafood! Next time you make some, use some Old Bay Seasoning. I love it!

Thanks Cherea. I did use it and as stated DH loved them. I didn't realize you were from such a pretty state (at least from pictures I've seen lol) We're on opposite sides of the US. If we ever do a get together we might be thinking somewhere like Chicago!! I met some friends from a pregnancy board in Chicago several years back. We had a great time. I don't think the deep dish pizza would go down quite the same though <g>.