Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm with you. I may or may not have killed more than my fair share of Oreos pre-op. I do not plan on even bringing them around now that I'm post-op. My poor kids are going to be deprived! :P

I'm with you. I may or may not have killed more than my fair share of Oreos pre-op. I do not plan on even bringing them around now that I'm post-op. My poor kids are going to be deprived! :P

Deprived but much healthier! Our kids don't need that junk!

OK OK ... I wont buy them... or the lemon ones... getting out my snak package of smoked brisket now... where is the cheese... :P

Step AWAY from the Oreos!

Lol...okay I have no issue with anyone eating one (or two) seriously... But if the entered my house I would have a very hard time only eating one (or two). I would eat one (or two) a couple times a day till they were all gone!

I admire those of you who can do that!

I picked up a dehydrator at BJ's and I make my own beef, turkey and chicken Jerky along with dehydrated apples, bananas and many other fruits. Tastes great, and great for Snacks.

I'm experimenting at the present, so I expect I use it for many more items to come. ;)

Recently bought a book....'Weight loss surgery cook book for dummies'',...lot's of info worth checking out.

@@sandisleeve

wait a second... they make pumpkin spice oreos?!?!? where can I find those?

At a very slippery slope.......

I get plenty of Protein, but I suck with Fiber, so for a snack I'll usually have an apple or something like that. If I am lacking in Protein, I will have a couple ozs of deli lunch meat or some cheese. I'll also slip a Quest bar in my backpack for after my workouts.

And yes, slim jims or beef Jerky are totally allowed.

@juliedishman. I make Decaf coffee and add a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder. After dissolving the coffee in a very small amount of boiling Water I use hot skim milk, about 8ozs, as the rest of the liquid. I also dissolve the Protein powder in about 4 ozs of cold skim milk. Then gradually add the hot milk to bring it up to temperature. If you don't do this it will clump. Takes a few minutes, but I end up with a yummy hot protein coffee. Also, add stevia if needed.

I picked up a dehydrator at BJ's and I make my own beef, turkey and chicken Jerky along with dehydrated apples, bananas and many other fruits. Tastes great, and great for Snacks.

I'm experimenting at the present, so I expect I use it for many more items to come. ;)

Do you mind sharing which brand/model you got? Been wanting to get one but want one that works well and not sure how much $ I have to spend to get a good one!

@Recycled. Do you have to add salt when you make your own Jerky? Never eaten any kind of jerky in the past as I'm sensitive to salt.

I'm interesting in getting a dehydrator as well. Looking for recommendations.

Edamame...????

Do you mind sharing which brand/model you got? Been wanting to get one but want one that works well and not sure how much $ I have to spend to get a good one!

"Wearing Pro" is the brand. It's a cheap plastic unit, but it works pretty good. ($49)

Comes with a little recipe booklet that tells you what ingredients you need for the marinades. I was eating a lot of store bought brands that were pretty expensive and quite a bit of every bag tended to be stale.

This Jerky is really good and very high in Protein. If I get good at it, I may invest later in a better dehydrator, but this one works fine for now.

http://www.bjs.com/waring-pro-5-tray-food-dehydrator.product.279853

Edited by Recycled

@Recycled. Do you have to add salt when you make your own Jerky? Never eaten any kind of jerky in the past as I'm sensitive to salt.

Nope, no salt added.

This gave me an idea.... stopped at the store and bought some prosciutto, and Neufchatel cheese (less fat same protein/taste as cream cheese) and this morning made 2 kinds of roll ups. One with a tiny slice of dill pickle the other with my favorite Medjool dates! Split the dates open and remove the pit, then steam for just a minute to loosen the tough skin, remove the skin and add a slice of the cheese and then roll up in a piece of the Prosciutto! I call them Angel Dates! In response to Devil Dates which are delish also! (dates filled with cheese and jalapeno wrapped in bacon)

Also harking back to pumpkin Spice..... found Philly cream cheese in Pumpkin Spice flavor! Devine on Blue Diamond Pecan Nut Crisps!

See I don't miss Oreos at all! :D

My go to Snacks are Jerky, mixed nuts, apples and Peanut Butter, edamame, and plain Greek yogurt flavored with Protein powder or Torani Syrup.< br />
But last week I found a new favorite snack..... Prosciutto and cream cheese "roll ups". Mmmmmm......