Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does everyone do for Snacks? I need some ideas. I usually do cheese or a little hummus but I need to mix it up. Any ideas? Does anyone eat beef Jerky or slim jims? Are those allowed?

That sounds really yummy!

Since you like hummus, you could try to drain and pat dry a can of garbanzo Beans. Toss theses in olive oil, lay them on aluminum foil sprayed with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt, or cayenne, or cinnamon and sweetener, whatever flavor you like. Bake at 450. degrees for 40 minutes. Let cool, and you will have a nice crunchy snack.< /p>

Here is the breakdown for 1/4 cup:

Calories - 65 Fiber - 3g

Protein - 4 g Carbs - 11

Thanks for the suggestions!

I try not to snack at all, really. If I get hungry between meals, I usually reach for pure Protein like extra lean deli turkey slices, leftover roast chicken, or shrimp. Try to leave your fats and carbs for your regular meals and only snack when you are truly, truly hungry. :)

Interestingly enough I don't snack. I get hungry about every four hours, and it's time for my next meal. I spend the rest of the time trying to drink my Water, or waiting to drink my water. I start of with a Protein coffee, then three hours later Breakfast, then lunch, then dinner. I do have a hot chocolate made with skim mikk and cacao powder at night to up my protein intake. So I guess that counts as a snack.

Nuts (I prefer pistachios)

Hummus

String cheese (sometimes I cut it up and mix it with a tbsp of salsa)

FAGE 0% with a bit of crushed pineapple

Cottage cheese with crushed pineapple or peaches

If it's a good day ½ a navel orange. (it's only 1 gram Protein but it's good fiber)

Hot chocolate with a tsp of chocolate Protein Powder

Edited by Blerdgirl

@@Miss Mac

I'm gonna try this sometime soon. Thanks for posting!

I started making Protein pudding

sugar-free instant pudding mixed with 1 3/4 cup soy milk or 2 cups of milk. Mix and let it harden a bit then add 2 scoops of your favorite Protein powder. I usually divide this into 6 serving and eat a serving for Breakfast but could easily be a Protein snack!

I add Protein powder to greek yogurt and let it set back up. I pretend it's pudding. It's especially goof id you mix in a bit of nut butter.

I made butterscotch Protein pudding today. It's delicious.

What flavor do you put with the Greek yogurt?

I made butterscotch Protein pudding today. It's delicious.

What flavor do you put with the Greek yogurt?

Usually chocolate sometime vanilla if I want to add fruit. I can only have real pudding made for scratch since the additive in instant pudding is gives me hives and fake sugar does too. That's too much work so I just do the greek yogurt.

oh and avocado+ a tiny bit of almond milk+ vanilla Protein powder taste like pistachio ice cream. I add a dash of nutmeg. Soooo good!

Edited by Blerdgirl