Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your most recent NSV? (non-scale victory)

Went looking for some tops since mine were literally falling off of me. Went to Plus size store Catherine's and realized that the smallest size tops were a bit too big. =)

sometimes i have one daily and sometimes i have them and dont realize it...

i still consider me just walking a NSV that i am forever to my WLS of choice for..

oh, and putting my own socks on w/o asking my ole man to do it for me♥

My bedroom has been commandeered.

Getting out of the shower, I realized I forgot to grab a fresh pair of undies.

Put on my 'skinny jeans' commando

no camel toe! None. Zip.

So I just went with it

TMI- I know

Still, a personal NSV

Not so much of a NSV for today, but one in general - I no longer get headaches. I used to get them pretty frequently but I can honestly say that I haven't had a headache of any sort for over 4 months! Maybe it is giving up caffeine or eating better, I don't know which, I just know I am headache free!

Someone came up to me today looking very serious and said, "what are you doing?" I said, "what do you mean?" They repeated the question. Then they said, "you've lost so much weight! How did you do it?" My real NSV is that I've been at goal for so long now, I had no idea what he was talking about! I used to hear that several times a day, now people are used to the skinny new me. It felt pretty good! :)

Today, my hubby and I went up to the mountains for a day trip. I put his bright orange hunting XL sweatshirt on OVER my jacket for extra warmth. It was still a loose, comfy fit. Before WLS it would of been snug just by itself, and I would of just looked something like a short , large human pumpkin !!

Just thought of a few:

The first one I noticed when I came home from the hospital. My feet weren't swollen. I had forgotten what it was like to have feet that weren't puffy.

The second is pretty big for me. I haven't had an episode of hives since I before my surgery. I don't mean ordinary hives, I get full body, painful itching hives. No matter how many allergy test the doctors runs they can't figure out why. I have no idea if it's the limited diet or what, but I am grateful. I did have one instance of facial swelling when I went from pureed to soft foods, but I was having facial swelling & hives at least once a week prior to surgery. Once in 7 weeks is not bad.

Just thought of a few:

The first one I noticed when I came home from the hospital. My feet weren't swollen. I had forgotten what it was like to have feet that weren't puffy.

The second is pretty big for me. I haven't had an episode of hives since I before my surgery. I don't mean ordinary hives, I get full body, painful itching hives. No matter how many allergy test the doctors runs they can't figure out why. I have no idea if it's the limited diet or what, but I am grateful. I did have one instance of facial swelling when I went from pureed to soft foods, but I was having facial swelling & hives at least once a week prior to surgery. Once in 7 weeks is not bad.

You should have your allergist do a blood test for chronic-autoimmune hives. I have them too. They went away after surgery, but returned over the summer, then went into remission again. I take OTC Allegra everyday, and unless I am having a flair, it keeps them at bay. There is also a shot that used to be used only for asthma that is now being used for hives too. The name escapes me, but your allergist might know.

You should have your allergist do a blood test for chronic-autoimmune hives. I have them too. They went away after surgery, but returned over the summer, then went into remission again. I take OTC Allegra everyday, and unless I am having a flair, it keeps them at bay. There is also a shot that used to be used only for asthma that is now being used for hives too. The name escapes me, but your allergist might know.

I have had every allergy test known to man. Scratch test, blood and urine. I'm pretty sure I have chronic autoimmune. The doctor said that there is a small percentage of people who get hives like this despite nothing showing on the test. They have me on Zyrtec D daily. It lessened them but they didn't go away completely. The only thing that has made a difference has been the surgery.

Was at my son and DIL last night for dinner and to see the nursery furniture they got for my newest grandchild due in April. The crib has the changing table attached and it's a big piece of furniture. The space between the crib and the dresser is a bit narrow so I suggested they might want to rearrange some things and my son said there was no reason to since we were all pretty skinny and wouldn't have any problems maneuvering. I looked at that space and said a silent prayer of thanks because I know that two years ago, I might not have been able to squeeze past so easily.

Oh...and a dinner NSV as well. I knew which plate was mine when I saw how much food was on it. My DIL is getting used to mom sized portions and knows how much I eat

Loving the new normal for sure.

Last night at the gym my trainer revised my workout routine because it's gotten too easy for me! I'm only 1/3 of the way to my goal and I feel so much better, Can't even imagine what goal will feel like.

I walked 41 miles last week. And today I got the treadmill up to 7 just for about 30 seconds lol.

3 weeks past Gastric Bypass:

-My blood pressure is normal and it has not been for almost a year. Goodbye blood pressure meds.

here is a odd NSV i just noticed day before yesterday

before surgery i could not put on my socks..i was too large to do this

and yep hub had to do it...well i can now..but i noticed the socks

the socks were on my ankle and when i went to take them off

i noticed they were not on my (cankle) like a sausage wrap

the sock was on properly and no stretch/too tight marks when it was removed

that is what i wanted to share.

I won tickets to the football game on Sunday...several NSVs. I could walk from the parking lot and up the stairs without getting out of breath, I stood in the food line mainly for a bottle of Water & not all the food I could eat. Best of all though (well, besides the shock that the Rams actually beat the Broncos - sorry Denver fans), I could sit in the seat & actually bop around. Yes, I showed off to my hubby - especially since a year ago we were at the stadium for another event & I pretty much had to sit on the edge of my seat because my hips/thighs were wedged against the arm rests. :P