Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is Bread so Bad?

I have had some crackers and some toast, but any bread still sits in my stomach and feels like a rock.

I'm sure at some point I will eat a piece of homemade bread and butter again but right now bread won't provide what I need and I don't miss it. Now, a couple of saltines with tuna, that I do enjoy.

I just found a ton of recipes on Pinterest using wonton wrappers for mini tacos, pizzas, etc...I'm so going to try them

I've had a few Carb-Nada noodles, a few ritz crackers (from the small Lunchables) and a slice of rye bread in the past 6 months,,, I avoid it as much as I can.

I like the lunchables. cheese and ham slices with the crackers are great quick easy snack. One lunchables package = 3 snacks!!!!

They carry a product in the deli section (or ask manager to order) called Flatout. They come in low carb and are wraps, round and flat like a tortilla. They are very good. I like the low carb Italian one.

For me bread is on the "no go" list, along with rice and Pasta. For me it is not a good nutritional choice. There are a lot of empty carbs and it takes too much room in my stomach. Room that could be filled with Protein and vegetables.

I have tried the flatbreads listed above. They make a pretty good pizza! I have also found a low carb, multi grain wrap by LaTortilla that I use for an occasional sandwich

post-183668-14138908977097_thumb.jpg

I have been able to tolerate just about any food so far. Last night I had a half slice of toast with my tuna and was miserable for about 2 hours. Stomach and chest pains and even pain in my back. I won't be trying that again for quite some time. I'm actually sort of relieved that I had that reaction. bread is a trigger food for me.

I think that in today's day and age, we just eat far too much wheat in the first place. Everything processed has some kind of wheat added, and then it makes a lot of people crave it. There is a lot of side effects of a high carb diet, that aren't good.

I have been able to tolerate just about any food so far. Last night I had a half slice of toast with my tuna and was miserable for about 2 hours. Stomach and chest pains and even pain in my back. I won't be trying that again for quite some time. I'm actually sort of relieved that I had that reaction. bread is a trigger food for me.

Bread just doesn't sit well with me! I'm glad as it can be a trigger for me. I used to go through periods where I would have a loaf of bread and it just sat there and was eventually thrown out, then other times, I could go through a loaf in a few days by eating toast, sandwiches, etc.

I'm still learning what my little sleeve likes, but bread is on the no no list for now.

I'd love to be able to eat a toasted turkey Blt someday, like 1/2 a sandwich, but if bread continues to be an issue, I will make it a lettuce or spinach wrap. Love lettuce wraps!

Even wonton wrappers can sub for bread/dough.

Why oh why did Pinterest pique my interest in all things wonton wrapped?!?!

I wish bread bothered me! Would be so much easier to avoid!

all this bread talk got to me! Had a small slice of WW bread (the kind I get has 11 carbs, 6 protein) to make a small sandwich at about 3pm today.

Now four hours later it's still like a rock in my stomach and I am 10+ months out!

Everything we eat turns into glucose. but eating Protein first gives you more bang for your buck. It is the backbone of WLS. We can not get everything we need by eating so that is why we take Vitamins. Protein also builds muscle and body strength and promotes all the important sources to keep us strong and healthy. It is the most important element of the WLS program. Next Water and Vitamins.< /p>

That being said it is good to have a little of everything in your program. Healthy eating is the key. Taking the bread with a protein makes it a complete protein. So many ways yo get what you need.

I eat bread. I eat Pasta and rice and potatoes. I even have a sweet now and then. I believe that we need it all to make it a success. We live in the real world and so we must learn to eat in the real world. Eating carrot sticks boiled eggs and celery never worked for me before. So moderation in all things is the key and balance.

Reteaching your brain to see food as nourishment and not a form of comfort will help you learn to control your emotions. I am not leaving anything out of my diet or program. I think it has a bad effect down the road.

Eat the bread but make a healthy choice when you do so. :)

My sister in law calls white bread, "White Death". And in truth it is NOT good for you. I tried eating a sandwich, half a muffin, a burger on a bun.... 2 bites was all I got down, and that sat like a lump in my stomach also.

White bread is made from refined white flour containing several unwholesome elements and very little in the way of nutrients and dietary Fiber. Refined white flour is produced from the whole wheat grain which is then refined and processed which removes all traces of the husk, or bran and along with it all of it's nutritional value. Then it's bleached using chemical bleaching agents which contain chlorine and dried at high temperatures to kill any remaining healthy elements.Then gluten and sugar is added. Neither are good for you and more and more people are becoming allergic to gluten. There are absolutely no healthy benefits to eating white bread.

If that wasn't enough, white bread contains a large proportion of high GI (glycemic index) carbohydrates which causessugars to be released quickly into the bloodstream. This causes a rapid rise in blood sugar levels which triggers a similarly rapid release of the body’s own sugar regulating hormone, insulin. Type II diabetes is brought on by too frequent imbalances in blood sugar levels causing insulin production to become overworked.

There is more... but lets just stop at White Bread is White Death!