Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Whey Protein Isolate / shakes?

Hi. I start my 2 week pre-op diet this Friday. I have to replace Breakfast and lunch with a Protein shake in either Water or fat free milk (I'll put it in the milk) Amazon is convenient for me, anyone have any brand and or flavor suggestions? My guide from surgeon says sugar free, at least 20g of Protein per serving , under 200 cals per serving and less than 10 carbs. There are plenty of powders out there but not many that say ugar free but meet th other criteria better than the few sugar free ones. Most are low carb, lower than the sugar free but have like 1-2g of sugar listed on the label is that ok? otherwise not much to choose from, plus spendy. Any advice? flavors, brands?

thanks, getting close!!

100% Protein isolate is best because it is the one most absorbable.

unjury and Syntrax nectar are very good and don't taste like medicine to me. I thought Trader Joe's vanilla would be good because I like their other foods. Wrong! Can't stand it.

Another good one, recommended by Johns Hopkins is GENEPRO. I've heard it tastes very good, but haven't tried it yet.

Premier Protien , has 30 grams Protien in one ready to drink shake. I like the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry and cream. They sell at SAMs club not so bad a price. Also can find at Walmart.< /p>

I like the Body Fortess brand (available online or at Wal Mart) in chocolate or vanilla powders. I used unsweetened almond milk and sugar free Torani syrups to change the flavors up a bit.

I also liked the Isopure drinks, though many people find them disgusting.

bipro Protein Shakes are good ones and don't have all the extra additives in it or empty calorie. Un.jury is another good one that a lot of people seem to like.

I use Jay Robb. 25g Protein, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 1g carb. They are delicious!

@@LosingIt74 Where do you purchase Jay Robb from? It's on my approved list.

Unjury is hospital grade whey isolate. I've had the chocolate and vanilla they are both delicious. They sell by the tub or a sample pack. My sample pack came with a thermometer and a shaker bottle. I didn't know that heating any Protein over 130 degrees changes the consistency and compromises the purity of protein.

They educate the patient not just sell a product. Unjury.com

@@lovelytrl i get mine at a local health food store, but you can get it on Amazon as well.

I like Jay Robb got mine at The Vitamin Shop, the egg Protein One.< /p>

Edited by Lauriep

I predominantly used EAS AdvantEdge and premiere Protein ready to drink shakes for my preop diet. I am still looking for a solid go to powder for post op and found this site useful and informational.

powders.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/best-protein-powders.html

I'm also still contemplating what blender to invest in.

I received my samples from unjury and after trying them and trying the premiere Protein RTD I like the Unjury so much better. The premiere ones I could tolerate I thought but once I tried the vanilla and chocolate splendor from the UNJURY I found those much better. Not so sweet and I have a VERY hard time with artificial sugars and I had no after taste or headache from drinking the UNJURY.

We also invested in a Ninja blender with two individual cups for blending and mixing. LOVE IT. My daughter is also having blast with mixing up different smoothies in it. I am pretty sure it will get a lot of use.

Premier is my go-to, it's easy and the profile is good. I'm working my way through a batch of samples now and so far have found that Syntrax Matrix isn't too bad, and BSN Syntha 6 is freakin' amazing (but, of course, 200 calories on the dot and I'm not comfortable with that).