Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days!!! I'm so flipping nervous.

I'm having my sleeve done on 11/25 in Tijuana mx w Dr ortiz. I have no insurance and a friend got hers done there she's doing fine so far so makes me feel more comfortable knowing someone who got it done and is doing so great ????

One week for me too smb. How are you doing with your weight loss? I've lost 16 pds. So far

Pre-op diet Day 1: Halloween??!??! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I had no idea how many times I took a single bite of stuff. Until today. Now I know.

Cheering for our girls that are getting SO CLOSE!!!!!!

One week for me too smb. How are you doing with your weight loss? I've lost 16 pds. So far

I'm doing pretty good. I'm down 14 pounds. So of course I've gotten why can't you just keep doing this diet instead of the surgery

@@wantingabetterlife - can't wait to hear how about your experience. I am 11/24/ with Ortiz.

I will definitely update for you!

SMB, 14 pds. is more than pretty good! You should be proud of your accomplishment! And as far as what other people have to say about it, It is your choice for wholeness and healing in your life! I chose not to tell anyone til after I get back because I want only positive energy coming my way. I'm sure I'll get all kinds of comments after but the deed will be done and I'll be well on my way celebrating the new me!

Wantingabetterlife,

I definitely plan to put posts, updates, and details about my experience. I hope SMB will do the same. We are one day apart for our surgeries. I'm on the 7th of Nov. I will be packing this weekend. Pinching myself, can't believe it!

Hello everyone. I am having my surgery November 22. I am starting to get nervous. I started with my pre-op diet early so I can ease myself into it.

@@Tootie Smiles - Welcome!! I'm on Day 2 of my pre-op diet, and YES. I'm nervous. But excited? But nervous. ;)

Glad you're here!

@@Revgirl I'm starting to get so excited for you!!! Are you feeling ready to go??

Becca R., today I hope to pack. I'm more nervous about forgetting something. My friend who already had the surgery suggested taking a fan because it is warm in the hospital ( I am heat intolerant due to my fibro). She also suggested clothing that is loose around the middle so, I plan to take my long sundresses. She said that they get you up and walking within 24 hrs. And want to get you back in your own clothes so I'm packing plenty of comfortable night gowns to wear at the hospital and hotel. I think I read that our hotel has a heated pool. My husband and I may take advantage of that but I think we might be too tired. When it is your turn, be expecting confirmation emails with important names and phone numbers. So far I've been impressed with how organized time4achange people have been with the process.

@@Revgirl Have you ever had a laparoscopy before? I had one several years ago, although it was only three incisions to remove a very large ovarian cyst, and I remember that I didn't want ANYTHING around my waist for several days. Dresses were my best friend; even loose jammie pants were too much. I am guessing it will be like that, but worse, with 5 incisions that are higher up. :/ You won't be able to swim for 4 weeks after surgery, but I'm hoping maybe just to sit on the edge of the pool and let my legs soak while my husband swims. I also really hope to spend half a day at the beach in San Diego on the day we fly home... just laying there, listening to the waves. *happy sigh*

My friends that have had the surgery were up and walking within 2-3 hours afterward. I know that the anesthesia will make me crazy nauseous, but I'm hoping to get moving moving moving as soon as possible. I'm going to take your recommendation on the fan; remind me which hospital you're going to again?