Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys 95lbs down almost at below 200 I am at 206

You look great!! You look like you're way below 200 in your picture. How are you feeling? Are you able to eat better now?

I had to lay on the floor at work Friday....I had 2 bites of a broccoli salad. And 2 bites of chicken salad. I'm just assuming it was the broccoli. But I got crazy nauseous and I knew if I could just lay on my side for a few minutes it would pass. So I tried my left side first. 5 mins passed, still sick. So I tried the right side. Within seconds the nausea was gone. But boy it sire didn't help my hips laying on a cement floor! (There's thin carpet over it but still....) I just didn't want to go home when I k we just a few minutes of lying down would help. :-)

What does a Vit.B12 deficiency do? All my surgeon is having me rake is Vit. B1. I even asked about Vit B12 because my cousin, who had the surgery years ago still has to get Vit B12 shots every month. So obviously it must be an issue with rny patients. Hmmmm.

I am officially in the 180's! (189, but still. ????) I had to go get new dress pants yesterday. I got into size 14's, which is just unreal to me. Even when I had gotten down to 178 back in 2009 I was in a 16.

I still have no energy to work out though. :-( I'm losing alot of muscle. My appointment with my general Dr. Is this Tuesday so we'll see what she says.

Thanks ladies! It has been hard and I still can't eat much of anything. I take a bite of my sons food and then fill myself with liquids. The reason why I look under 200 is because of my height. I went to get an mri and I put my weight and the tech was like this can't be and I'm like oh yeah it is lol. That's why I was reconsidering my goal of 150. I wish I could work out, I probably could but I'm going to admit I'm lazy and also tired. Anyways how are you ladies? And gents....

Good to hear from you, Bronx!

Hang in there!

Well I tested my pounch really well this weekend. Last night I ate 1/2 hamburger bun and all. And a handfull of fries. No problems. Today I ate a few Cookies and cupcake for my grandson's birthday, no problem! Now mind you I do not intent to eat like this except for rarely. Not sure that I like the fact I have no restriction and don't seem to dump!

I refuse to try sugar!! I don't want to know if I don't dump!!

It's been a fee days and I had a lot to catch up on.

Bronxi, you look amazing.

I'm still losing slow but not complaining, if it's a pound a week I'll take it. I'm almost in the 220's, haven't been there since I was in my 20's.

Tonight my husband took me to the Olive Garden, it was the first time we've really gone out. It was a nice dinner and enough was brought home that I won't have to cook for the next two nights!

Take care all, you are simply an amazing group of people and I love sharing this journey with you.

Sunday meal plan

B- Premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S- none

L- 1/2 slice bacon/shrimp 4 raw 1/2 teaspoon cocktail sauce

S- none

D- 1oz grilled steak 1/4 twice baked potato

15 weeks after RNY GBS

I have been traveling the last 4 days. I have cheated eating potatoes, bread, popcorn and cheesecake all in small amounts. I did not get sick. Tomorrow I am getting back in the groove. I have to admit it felt good to try some different foods.

What does a Vit.B12 deficiency do? All my surgeon is having me rake is Vit. B1. I even asked about Vit B12 because my cousin, who had the surgery years ago still has to get Vit B12 shots every month. So obviously it must be an issue with rny patients. Hmmmm.

I am officially in the 180's! (189, but still. ????) I had to go get new dress pants yesterday. I got into size 14's, which is just unreal to me. Even when I had gotten down to 178 back in 2009 I was in a 16.

I still have no energy to work out though. :-( I'm losing alot of muscle. My appointment with my general Dr. Is this Tuesday so we'll see what she says.

189, that's awesome!!!

My hematologist told me that of you are b12 deficient and don't monitor it properly, you could end up in the ER. It affects the red blood cells, but it also really affects the nervous system. It can paralyze you, your muscles stop working, you pass out, can't walk, talk, eat. He said he's had gastric bypass patients before that were in that situation, they ended up in the hospial, because they didn't know enough to have their levels checked every 6 months. Crazy!

Symptoms

Symptoms tend to develop slowly and may not be recognized immediately. As the condition worsens, common symptoms include:

Weakness and fatigue

Light-headedness and dizziness

Palpitations and rapid heartbeat

Shortness of breath

A sore tongue that has a red, beefy appearance

Nausea or poor appetite

Weight loss

Diarrhea

Yellowish tinge to the skin and eyes

If low levels of B12 remain for a long time, the condition also can lead to irreversible damage to nerve cells, which can cause the following symptoms:

Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet

Difficulty walking

Muscle weakness

Irritability

Memory loss

Dementia

Depression

Psychosis

189, that's awesome!!!

My hematologist told me that of you are b12 deficient and don't monitor it properly, you could end up in the ER. It affects the red blood cells, but it also really affects the nervous system. It can paralyze you, your muscles stop working, you pass out, can't walk, talk, eat. He said he's had gastric bypass patients before that were in that situation, they ended up in the hospial, because they didn't know enough to have their levels checked every 6 months. Crazy!

Symptoms

Symptoms tend to develop slowly and may not be recognized immediately. As the condition worsens, common symptoms include:

Weakness and fatigue

Light-headedness and dizziness

Palpitations and rapid heartbeat

Shortness of breath

A sore tongue that has a red, beefy appearance

Nausea or poor appetite

Weight loss

Diarrhea

Yellowish tinge to the skin and eyes

If low levels of B12 remain for a long time, the condition also can lead to irreversible damage to nerve cells, which can cause the following symptoms:

Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet

Difficulty walking

Muscle weakness

Irritability

Memory loss

Dementia

Depression

Psychosis

Yep, B12 deficiency (others too, I think it's B1 but I can't remember for sure) is very serious stuff. The sad part is people don't realize it until it is too late and irreversible damage to the brain has happened. Early symptoms are not that alarming or obvious. RNY patients are at high risk and that's why we have to monitor our blood for the rest of our lives. I was told at 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. Then every 6 months after that. However, once the supplement/vitamin regimen provided a stable blood situation and I was confident that I wouldn't forget to take my pills. I could go to once a year. If things are up and down getting to the once a year may take a while. Obviously, the goal is to take vitamins/supplements and whatever is needed to maintain a blood sample in the normal stable range. Unfortunately, people forget to take their supplements and assume because they eat fruits and vegetables all is well. Our food absorption is reduced due to the small stomach that can't digest as well and the shorter intestine that can't absorb as much. A good diet does help but we cannot afford to think that's enough. At least not until we have several years of maintenance under our belts. I was specifically asked, are you willing to take supplements and have your blood tested for the rest of your life? If you are not this surgery is not for you.

Another one is Calcium. I take 2 Citracal petites per day. Bone loss is a serious issue as well for RNY patients. This is specially serious as we age. Even if you drink milk and eat yogurt it's not enough.

The good news, because of our weight loss our overall health will improve. I think taking vitamins/ supplements and monitoring our blood is a very small price to pay for the benefits. Hello, at the rate we were going Type 2 diabetes would involve monitoring our blood 24/7. Also, lets not forget the countless surgeries for knees and hip replacements and the decreased quality of life due to high blood pressure and the countless co-morbs that come with morbid/obesity. The use of the electric wheelchair at Walmart/Target was in our future and that's if we were lucky enough to get around.

Another one is Calcium. I take 2 Citracal petites per day. Bone loss is a serious issue as well for RNY patients. This is specially serious as we age. Even if you drink milk and eat yogurt it's not enough.

The good news, because of our weight loss our overall health will improve. I think taking vitamins/ supplements and monitoring our blood is a very small price to pay for the benefits. Hello, at the rate we were going Type 2 diabetes would involve monitoring our blood 24/7. Also, lets not forget the countless surgeries for knees and hip replacements and the decreased quality of life due to high blood pressure and the countless co-morbs that come with morbid/obesity. The use of the electric wheelchair at Walmart/Target was in our future and that's if we were lucky enough to get around.

Also be aware of our new way of absorbing, we better absorb calcium citrate than calcium carbonate.

Bariatric Advantage has some good FAQ

https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com/blog?id=9774

https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com/blog?id=2773943

Hey all. Just wanted to give an update in case it helps anyone out. Before kids and obesity I was an active bulimic for 6 years. While I was not concerned about this before surgery it's put me in a different category. I truly don't ever think about that old me due to it being so long ago but I guess I should have been more aware. My depression I've been experiencing has led me into a state of anorexia. This is all too common in the words of my doctor. Fortunately it's something that was attacked head on before anything bad could have happened. As some have mentioned - my problem is I get sick regardless of when and what I eat - so the answer was just don't eat ???? not anymore. Back to shakes and nausea Patches. I know it will get better but it's hard to not regret this surgery right now.