Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@PinkPolkadot619

just looked at your before and after photo. Well done, you look amazing. A different person. I bet some people don't recognize you.

Thank you!! Some of my friends (the close ones) don't recognize my before pictures because they never saw the weight) many people don't know who I am until I talk LOL but I talk a lot so 0:-)

hey guys, how are you all doing? i am still having a hard time eating, so ive given up. i eat whenever i cant take it anymore so maybe every few days. whenever i eat i am throwing up no matter what it is, and im just tired of throwing up so i just do liquids all day and every few days a bite of something im feeding my son. i am down 93lbs since oct 13th, i never went to my 3 month follow up because i feel these doctors cant help me. im just doing the best i can and thats all. i start working next month and am hoping that in the next coming months i can eat normally because right now i drink like 20oz to 30oz of liquids per day and dont eat.

Sunday meal plan

B- premier Protein chocolate shake 11oz

S- none

L- pintos cheese chile sauce Taco Bell

S- Pork rinds 1/2 oz

D- chicken vegetable Soup homemade 1/4 cup

S- fresh strawberries with 2 tbsp lite whipped cream

14 weeks after RNY GBS

@@Bronxmerci

I can certainly understand your frustration. Eating with the consequence of nausea sure is not fun. I did have that for a while but patience is key. Please make sure you are taking your supplements. The Vitamins are crucial or you will develop deficiencies and some of those are very serious and irreversible. There are some B Vitamin deficiencies which will basically make you go crazy (no joke.) You have to eat some to live but if all you can do is eat some blended stuff, well, that's all you can do. Go slow and steady, It's like figuring it out a little bit at a time. There were days all I could do was a couple bites per meal or a saltine cracker. Now My favorite thing is a overcooked chicken thigh and some overcooked veggies: a cube of sweet potato, 2 snap peas and fruit (5 blueberries or one strawberry). The chicken is very moist because I boil it for over an hour with just salt and pepper. I also let it cool a bit in the Water it cooked because I don't want it to dry out. Yoplait 100 Greek Apple Pie flavor is so nice and has a good amount of Protein. Give it a try.

You have to eat even if it's soft stuff. Once you start working it's even more important or you won't have the energy needed.

Wishing you good luck!

Edited by Beni

@@amylynns

Glad to hear all is well and yes those close hugs sure are nice. You are doing great on weight loss my friend. Mine has slowed down a lot but it's inching away. I am 5 lbs away from onederland and can't wait. I am trying to move more and I do but I wish I could be a 5 days per week workout fiend. Take classes and all but even though I have lots more energy I would have to have a nap after a full on class and I just can't devote my life to just me, my workouts and naps. Though that does sound really nice.

After my third child was born and in the middle of sleep deprivation and being seriously outnumbered my dream vacation was to stay in a padded room where I imagine they keep mentally disturbed patients. You know the ones you see in movies that are absolute silence and soft everywhere. I could just lay there in peace. I want one of those with a gym in the next door (no need to go out in the cold) with fun classes and instructors who are just super friendly and positive and tell you everyday how good you are doing. A girl can dream, right?

I am so glad you will be doing blood tests. With your weight loss I think you should be feeling lots more energy. Maybe it's because you have to build some muscle. I tell you, I have lost some muscle too but i am getting it back now. I am finally able to wear leather boots as my calves are small enough but after a week of walking and lots of moving I was having trouble pulling the zipper yesterday. Too bad, that's not where I wanted my muscle.

On a funny note, someone posted a topic in Spanish: Estacamiento de peso (weight loss stall). I don't speak much Spanish but the word estacamiento to me sounds like being pinned at the stake=estaca. Yep, exactly how it feels.

Hope I am not offending anyone but sometimes words have such good imagery and this one was just perfect.

Another example: a favorite word is "Slothful." You know how sloths move super slow. Full of sloth just about explains how I felt at the peak of my weight.

@Bronxmerci---I 100% agree with what Beni wrote. You have to get your nutrients in, and if soft foods is what you can handle right now, eat those. I also had to go back to blended foods for a while, because everything made me nauseous. I lived on cottage cheese for at least 2 weeks I think! :P But it's what worked. Hang in there girl, we're all thinking of you!!

@Beni--Thanks so much friend! I am happy the weight is coming off, but I really need some muscle! And I feel like a SLOTH now! Not in the "heavy" sense, but just slow moving--really wishing we had a bathroom on the main level at home, LOL!! I LOVE your imagery examples!!

I'm so bummed my yoga class was eliminated at the gym! :angry: BUT....I can't "really" use that as an excuse not to do some yogy--because I have a yoga mat and the internet at home, SO......I could be doing it there. It's just finding that 1/2 hour to take for myself. You understand, I'm sure. ;)

You are SO close to onederland!!! :D Seemed like it took me weeks to get from 200, then it seems like I've just breezed by getting down to 190. (actually yesterday it was 190.8, this morning 190--But I always leave off the .whatever...LOL)

I still haven't tried on a pair of boots, because I've NEVER been able to wear them. And to me, my calves are still HUGE. So I don't want to disappoint myself.

But I really need some new shoes now--mine are all loose now! :P

I think I'd really enjoy your dream vacation spot too!! Wouldn't that be nice, for a while! Yes, a girl SHOULD dream, for sure!!

Did I tell you all we have a trip to Hawaii booked for June!? I CANNOT wait!! But I'd REALLY like to tone up my legs and arms by then so I can wear some shorts and shirts without having flappy skin, LOL! :P

Guess I'd better go get some work done, looks like it's going to be a Monday from hell. :angry:

@ammylynns

So excited for your trip to Hawaii. It will provide the motivation to get in shape. It will be nice to have a little extra energy to walk on the beach and sightsee. Where are you going. I lived in Honolulu for a year about 14 years ago. I also visited a couple of the other islands, Kauai and the Big Island. It was fantastic. Year around shorts and flip flops. It's very casual over there. food is expensive because it's all flown in but I would move there in a heartbeat.

Is there another class at your gym you could take? If find that exercise on my own only works part of the time. I have that lazy gene that keeps saying I'll do it in a little bit and I never get there. I am such a procrastinator. But when I do it I feel great. What's up with that, why can't I get myself there when I know it's good for me and I even like it.

I find going up and down stairs not such a chore anymore. I used to horrible with stairs. One knee hurt and the ankle on the other foot as well. It was a gamble as to which leg should lead the way. But now I actually make a point of walking up and down the stairs. My knee makes strange sounds but doesn't hurt and the ankle hardly hurts.

I think you probably can wear boots. I am 205 and you are 190. I had not been able to wear boots since College in 1991 as my calves were too big and I was too big. Now I can. I had to try a few pairs and I did go with the 9 instead of 8 1/2 for the width but I figure you need to wear socks that are a little thicker then the footies at the shoe store anyway. Besides I found out there are boots for wider calves as well. I didn't even need those. If not this winter get some next winter for sure but you may be able to pick up a pair at a huge discount now. I did at Macys.

some friends were cracking on my baggy size 12 jeans last night, so off to the thrift store I went, tried on some 8's baggy, some 6's fit, but still baggy in the hip/thigh area. So then went to some size 4's. They f@#king fit, OMG, I have never worn a size 4, except for a 4t maybe when I was a toddler. I tried on a couple pairs to make sure it was not just a fluke.

I am holding a bit of my saggy belly for the picture. Happy Dance!!! from a 24 to a 4 in 10 months!

post-217122-0-86300800-1422910450_thumb.jpg

I actually get to go to the hospital's support group meeting tonight! It's been a couple months in a row that I haven't been able to go. Tonight's topic: Self Image! How perfect!! I'll report in later tonight or in the morning if I learn how to love myself, LOL!! :P

OMG, I Just realized I have not peed once since I've been to work today!? I've even drank 40oz of Water, but I do need to go now, so off I go!! ;)

Today is a day for celebration! Well, one celebration, tomorrow may be another one. Today I weighed in at 200.8 lbs. Thats 50 lbs loss from my heighest weight. This is also the lowest I've been since I can recall from 2006, when I was pregnant with my daughter. I didn't cry ugly tears,yet. I imagine I will once I find that illusive 199 lbs mark. It's so close I can taste it. I managed to find out that I lost around 6 lbs last month give or take a lb. Although it has averaged 10.5 lbs a month since surgery. That is the average amount of loss. My expatations may have been premature and I feel like I will make many of those premature assumptions in the future. Whoever said WLS was easy, have no single idea what they are talking about, we have to struggle with our minds and bodies daily, we have to find ourselves, find the love we may have lost or had stolen from us with hurtful words, evil eyes and our own words repeated in our heads over and over again. One day I will hope that I can look back at this and Say, what were you so worried about? You were beautiful then, you were loved then, you were accepted then. So today I Celebrate the fact that I've lost 50 lbs, and want to lose so much more, but for today its amazing.

today I input my planned meals in to myfitness pal this morning, so I know I have to follow it to make goal.......but of course I am feeling snacky!!! I am not actually hungry I know I am just wanting something.....grrr this is such a pain! a month ago I had no interest in food, now I could tell you every Protein Bar I have in my drawer at work and how many calories each would be. the one I want is 100 cals for half.... sigh the struggle is still very real

amylynns, on 02 Feb 2015 - 14:34, said:

I actually get to go to the hospital's support group meeting tonight! It's been a couple months in a row that I haven't been able to go. Tonight's topic: Self Image! How perfect!! I'll report in later tonight or in the morning if I learn how to love myself, LOL!! :P

OMG, I Just realized I have not peed once since I've been to work today!? I've even drank 40oz of Water, but I do need to go now, so off I go!! ;)

I love going to mine!! It is a huge help, then I also set up the support groups Facebook page. That plus you wonderful people are the glue that is holding me together!! (and my bf that holds me all the time when I have emotions I can't put words to)

I am in a freaking stall. I was 185 two weeks ago and then weighed in the next day and had gained 3 pounds! I asked everyone in the house if they had moved my scale or touched it because it is VERY touchy. If you move it, the weight registers differently. The next day, two MORE pounds! I did nothing different!! Same food, same schedule, no period, nothing. So weird and discouraging. Soooo, I'm finally back at 188 and hovering. (Still 3 lbs up) I upped my Protein with a morning shake the last few days and am trying to get more Water in. I have spent 2 weeks now trying to lose weight that I had already lost. Boohoo! :( it might take me another 2-3 weeks to lose the rest. Epic catastrophe. Anyway, I am powering on, but wish that MY stall didn't include re-losing weight already lost.

On a good note, my dad who has cancer for two years now had his 80th birthday, and two of my daughters had birthdays in January. 18 and 21 years old. Yay!! Happy stuff. post-236529-14229329334837_thumb.jpg