Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@wildGoose

I am behind you 100% on the clothes issue, we simply have to stop wearing potato sacks. I mentioned in a previous post I was looking at photos at another WLS site and was struck by how unflattering we dress as a group when overweight. Myself included by the way. I think we just don't want to deal with it. At least I didn't. I felt like I was going to look bad anyway, who cares. Well, not anymore. After the amount of weight we have all lost we can see the difference now and our shape is changing for the better. I think it's so important to feel good about our incredible success so far. We are doing so awesome as a group. We rock inside and out. I want to Celebrate who we are. It's going to take some adjusting and it won't always be an easy road. I know but we owe it to ourselves. Every single picture I have seen of our group after WLS has been so good. Just so good. I am beaming with pride.

Edited by Beni

@@Beni, I agree with you..we ha an incredibly supportive and interactive group. I have not joined any other bariatric pal groups. Simply because I find the information shared here helps me figure out where I am in this process, and mostlu, its so nice to read other peoples experiences, and know that I am not alone!

@dc520, my heart aches for you! How r u coping? Is there anythine we can do for you?

Aww thanks joankrie - i was 16 when I lost her so I've done my share of coping even though it still hurts my heart daily. I was really reminded by it recently seeing harsh comments on these forums. Which made me feel the need to share what can happen when empathy evades us. Personally, I have to remind myself daily to extend grace to others because you never know where they come from. I'm glad we as a group don't seem to have the insensitivity problems.

I have noticed a lot of harshness in other groups as well. On bariatric pal and on a couple of other forum sites. I don't understand how people can be that way towards someone who is just seeking guidance and friendship. I've never been that person, I have always been very compassionate and caring. I love our group too, we are lucky to have each other :) @@dc0520 , I am very sorry about your friend, I can't imagine what that feels like :( *hugs*

Ugh, I ate one bite too much tonight and feel like I'm going to die. I would think by this time I would have it down.

I'm experiencing something a little different with clothes. I've always been a clothes horse, I seldom wear the same outfit twice in a month, some only once a season. I've always been complimented on my clothes. Now they are not fitting and I can't afford a new wardrobe with every size. I feel like a hag right now. I'm really in a slump.

@@misstvb

I know what you mean. My closet is full of clothes but nothing fits. I have a feeling we are going to be in this in between stage for a while. We can't get new wardrobes in every size but maybe a couple things here and there just to brighten up my life is my plan. I feel sorry about my jeans I have a lot of nice jeans and they are all huge. As in even we a belt they look huge. Hey, I bet we are going to be able to pose with our huge pants someday, standing next to them and they will look twice as wide as us. I'm going to love that.

Remember, this stage won't be forever and we are on our way. Soon enough we'll reach the healthy weight that will allows us a stable wardrobe. It will be glorious too because the choices will be fantastic. I can fit in XL right now and wow, there is so much choice available. It's just around the corner for all of us.

Edited by Beni

I was thinking about some of you girl's comments regarding other sites and threads being unkind. I have seen it too and I was wondering why people do that? What need does that fulfill? The judging and almost bitchy attitude is upsetting for sure. I wonder where does that come from? Why? Does it ever make us feel better to be that way?

Beni, the very thought of being one of those skinny people holding their jeans out made me smile. I need to get a few basics that will get me through.

I did just sell my size 24's on eBay. Ed fun saying goodbye to them.

@Luna222---How'd you do with the toast? (sorry your BF was acting like the food police!) I'm able to eat thin wheat sandwich rounds, toasted. Also bagel thins, toasted. I put an egg and cheese on it. I only eat half of it everyday for Breakfast. I always want one more bite, but it'll guarantee nausea. I even got a turkey/provolone sandwich from the local deli. (like subway, but MUCH better!) I get the 3" sandwich and eat 1/2 of it is all. I add cucumber, Tomato, pickle and a little bit of their homemade dill spread.

My daughter made some homemade chicken noodle Soup last week. I really wanted to try it, but she had used large egg noodles, and I thought for sure those would cause problems. It was THE ONLY meal last week that I didn't have nausea after I'd eaten it!! So I guess I can do some Pasta. We're going to Brett's parent's house for Christmas and their making lasagna. That should be interesting. It's usually an all day grazing session over that will be a challenge for me. Well, maybe not because I'm never hungry now, but it'll just be different.

@misstvb---Oh, I hate when I do that!! I try and eat slowly enough that I recognize when I need to take that very last bite, but sometimes I miss that cue and I'm instantly sick. Ughhh, I hate that!!

I'm eating some taco salad with leftover stuff from everyone else's tacos last night. It's yummy, but sure can't eat much!

I haven't really been on many other boards on here. I love this group!!!! There's a gal I know in town here who is having the sleeve done soon and I can't wait to introduce her to this site! I wish I could be on here more often than I am! :-) Work sure gets in the way!!

Hi Everybody! I agree this group has such a positive energy. I look forward to everyone's comments, observations, and support.

So, regarding baggy clothes... People at work were teasing me regarding how many times I had to pull up my pants today. Since I'm heading to CT to see my family for Christmas [no one knows I had surgery], I decided I should get at least one outfit that actually fits. Out of habit, I tried on 3x tops. Way too big. Tried on 2x. Big! I actually bought a 1x (on sale, too!)

Talk about going from denial to pure joy!

If I dont get a chance to write in tge next few days, have a wonderful Christmas and stay the course.

That's awesome Shadow!! I only have one pair if jeans that come close to fitting right now. (And I'm still constantly pulling them up) they're a size 16, like a regular size 16! Not plus size! I started in a size 20, plus size.

I bet your family will think you look great!!!

We all look fantastic and feel fantastic. All this weight loss is giving us the energy to be even more wonderful then we already are.

Have a wonderful Christmas and Holiday season!

Love you fellow gladiators!

Thank you, ladies! It is definitely a roller coaster! What gets me even more emotional is when, I eat and get nauseous and feel like crap, then whomever I'm with, whether it's my bf, my mom or my friends, they say "ohh u ate too much, or u shouldn't have eaten that" it makes me want to screeeeeam lol. They just don't understand and I don't think they ever will. I will forever be "scolded" for something I'm not doing wrong. I try to explain that I have to eat, I have to learn all over again what my body can handle, just because I feel crappy, doesn't mean I made a bad decision.

@@amylynns that is what I was looking at today at Walmart, the individual frozen tilapia, but I wasn't sure if that was good or not lol. Then I was thinking if I buy this, I have nooo idea what to do with it! Lemon pepper sounds like it'd be yummy! I think that will be my next experiment :) and u know what, I never really thought to do just my chicken breast in the crock pot, I will Def try that too! I have a pretty little crock pot that I don't use nearly as much as I should.

Thank you @@Beni I give you major major props for going back to puree! I wish I could, but it's a texture thing with me. I was gagging if I ate anything puree. I do eat Soups and applesauce, yogurt, stuff like that tho. :)

Every time my food is stuck and im running to and from the restroom cause I'm nauseated my husband ask me " still think it was worth it?" Oh I get so frustrated! Its at that point he gets the "eye" and a very firm YES! Hang in there it gets better.