Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@amylynns

So sorry about your UTI, no fun. I think be getting enough fluids we are at a higher risk. I find that I stay home all day and focus only on drinking I can get 50 oz but if I go out or do anything at all I barely make it to 40oz. I can't just sit around all day. I'll go stir crazy. It is so hard to sip once every 5 minutes non-stop all day long. I start drinking at 5:00 am and don't stop until I fall asleep. With such a tiny stomach I'm full all the time

Thanks Beni. It is SO hard to get in all that Water. Like you said, when you can't drink 1/2 hour before you eat and another hour after you eat. But yet, we're supposed to eat something every 4 or so hours...and I'm supposed to get 80-90 oz in between all of that?? It will be a little easier if I'm not constantly sick to my stomach though.

I've gotten my 32oz in between noon and now. I guess I could stay up all night and drink Water, LOL! Or not!

I got a whopping 355 calories in today!

Hello October 2014 post surgical peeps! My name is Joan. My surgery was 10.6.14! Im 6 weeks post.op!!! Im still adjusting to the do's and dont's. I'm 30lbs down. I see the number on the scale move, but I don't feel the loss. I guess because theres so much weight to lose, I just see all my imperfections. I'm looking forward to talking with you guys, and providing support!

Hi Joan! Congratulations on your surgery! I've lost 33 and I don't see it so much in the mirror, but my clothes are hanging off of me. Can you tell a difference in your clothing? I think for me, I've hated myself for so long that it's hard to see the good now. Try not to focus on your imperfections you're seeing. focus on what you're doing to make yourself a healthier you!! You deserve to love yourself! :-)

You're welcome @@Beni ! I can't wait for it myself lol, makes me wanna do a test run lol. I feel like turkey would be ok cut super super fine and with lots of ff gravy, no? Idk...I'm starting to get some of my Hunger feelings back lol. But it's not bad stuff that I'm hungry for, I want salads and Soups, apples, oranges, grapes, carrots n hummus...although I want an egg roll so bad too lol. This last month seems to have gone by super slow!

Yumm, that looks amazing! I think I'll try it too. Hopefully the 12g of sugar won't be too sweet on our bellies. But even a bite or 2 would be great. I'll still be on pureed. My plan is to puree turkey (with a little gravy). I usually make a corn pudding too. But my NUT says no corn. :-( I think I'll puree a little stuffing with gravy too.

I'm having the same kind of cravings! A nice green salad with lots of fresh veggies. Oh, hummus, how I miss you!! And sushi!!

Good things come to those who wait, right? :unsure:

The problem that I face is that drinking liquids still causes this pressure in my chest. So the only thing that works is my iced juices where I take 8 ounces of ice and blend it with 4 ounces of juice and have it with a spoon. And I found out the only way I can drink Water is if I drink while I eat. And you know they tell us not to drink and eat together but the only time I can get down plain Fluid is if I am eating at the same time. This is what I discovered.

Oh. And the system wouldn't let her order the carafate since it's listed as an allergy.

Sorry for the long posts!

@@amylynns glad they didn't have to change your stomach opening. Good that they found your urinary infection and addressed your other issues. Now you know what you have to do. Wishing you healthy days ahead.

Accomplished a mind challenge today. For the last three weeks I had been walking in my neighborhood for my exercise and I got up to 2 sometimes 3 miles a day. It felt great I could feel my self getting more flexible and my mood becoming calmer and my pants getting lose. But then last Thursday the weather took a turn no snow yet. But 32 to 28 degrees temps. It came on so quickly and I soon found myself skipping exercise and one day became two then five days and when I weighed myself the scale was the same as last week. Omg I hit a stall. Then the guilt as ice allied the 5 crackers with low fat cream cheese I ate 2 days and the Protein shake I didn't finish another day.

I knew I needn't to rep,ace my walking with an indoor exercise and going to a gym was not my answer. For me I have to be able to roll out of bed I to my exercise gear and start a 20 minute car ride is too far particularly in the winter. I tried a 25 minute cardio routine I found on my satellite TV which was helpful I could only do 10 minutes the first day and then 15 a couple days later it helped but I missed my walking. Well I decided to challenge myself and I joined a group of women who run.

Running is not me - my knees have always been weak I have arthritis in my knees. But I hoped if I joined this group they would inspire me if nothing else to keep walking. So today I got up at left the house at 5:30AM in the dark to drive to meet them for a walk run. I wore several layers and was still cold but I found them and I walked while they ran and by the time we finished the sun was up and I felt so good. I had left my comfort zone and it felt good. 3 miles in 30 degrees temps for me it was accomplishment.

My good mood was back and I stayed on track with my food and liquids today got 2 Protein shakes in and 2 meals and a Greek yogurt and mor than 45oz of liquid. Still have to find an indoor exercise to supplement me but I know now I can keep walking outdoors for a while and it feels good. I go for my 1 month appointment with my surgeon tomorrow so we'll see what she thinks but I feel Like I'm doing well and I'm thankful for that.

@@amylynns glad they didn't have to change your stomach opening. Good that they found your urinary infection and addressed your other issues. Now you know what you have to do. Wishing you healthy days ahead.

I'm glad too!! Thank you! I'm looking forward to feeling better! :-)

Accomplished a mind challenge today. For the last three weeks I had been walking in my neighborhood for my exercise and I got up to 2 sometimes 3 miles a day. It felt great I could feel my self getting more flexible and my mood becoming calmer and my pants getting lose. But then last Thursday the weather took a turn no snow yet. But 32 to 28 degrees temps. It came on so quickly and I soon found myself skipping exercise and one day became two then five days and when I weighed myself the scale was the same as last week. Omg I hit a stall. Then the guilt as ice allied the 5 crackers with low fat cream cheese I ate 2 days and the Protein shake I didn't finish another day.

I knew I needn't to rep,ace my walking with an indoor exercise and going to a gym was not my answer. For me I have to be able to roll out of bed I to my exercise gear and start a 20 minute car ride is too far particularly in the winter. I tried a 25 minute cardio routine I found on my satellite TV which was helpful I could only do 10 minutes the first day and then 15 a couple days later it helped but I missed my walking. Well I decided to challenge myself and I joined a group of women who run.

Running is not me - my knees have always been weak I have arthritis in my knees. But I hoped if I joined this group they would inspire me if nothing else to keep walking. So today I got up at left the house at 5:30AM in the dark to drive to meet them for a walk run. I wore several layers and was still cold but I found them and I walked while they ran and by the time we finished the sun was up and I felt so good. I had left my comfort zone and it felt good. 3 miles in 30 degrees temps for me it was accomplishment.

My good mood was back and I stayed on track with my food and liquids today got 2 Protein shakes in and 2 meals and a Greek yogurt and mor than 45oz of liquid. Still have to find an indoor exercise to supplement me but I know now I can keep walking outdoors for a while and it feels good. I go for my 1 month appointment with my surgeon tomorrow so we'll see what she thinks but I feel Like I'm doing well and I'm thankful for that.

I am so darn proud of you!!!! But now "I" need to quit using the excuse "it's too cold out!" If you can do it there's no reason I can't bundle up and go too! So thank you for sharing that!!! It's great motivation for me! I do prefer to workout in the evenings though. I'm not much of a morning girl. Lol.

Now I just need to get hydrated and over the infection so I can physically do something! :-)

Have you ever done yoga? I love yoga! It's relaxing yet a hard workout that's easy on the joints. It uses slot of the core muscles though so I need to wait just a Little while longer to do that until my belly muscles don't hurt.

Off to bed I go!

@@Luna222

I see you are also struggling with fluids. Isn't it so hard? Plus we have to allow so much time for meals when we can't drink. I am at 32 oz and its 6:45 and I still need dinner. I hope to make it to 40oz but there is no way I can make it to 50oz and that's the minimum my NUT recommends[/quote

I am definitely struggling lol. It really sucks, I had this 20 oz Water bottle today, and by 7pm I was ALMOST done. But I felt like I drank so much more! And it's hard because lately, the only things I can drink are Water and juice that is ice cold. Anything not ice cold bothers my pouch :(

Yumm, that looks amazing! I think I'll try it too. Hopefully the 12g of sugar won't be too sweet on our bellies. But even a bite or 2 would be great. I'll still be on pureed. My plan is to puree turkey (with a little gravy). I usually make a corn pudding too. But my NUT says no corn. :-( I think I'll puree a little stuffing with gravy too.

I'm having the same kind of cravings! A nice green salad with lots of fresh veggies. Oh, hummus, how I miss you!! And sushi!!

Good things come to those who wait, right? :unsure:

Yea,I don't know how the 12g of sugar will go, but I only plan on eating half, so I suppose 6 isn't bad. My nut told me hummus is ok to eat, it's just that I need crunchy veggies with it lol. I had some low fat Tomato bisque Soup for dinner tonight, and I kind of added a couple of whole wheat crackers. I figured I'd try, since they told me I can eat cheerios that are soggy in milk, why not try a soggy in Soup cracker lol. It didn't bother me at all, yay! Not going to make it a habit, but I needed something more today. Tomorrow is going to be some homemade baked sweet potato fries.

And you are absolutely right, good things do come to those who wait! :)

Hi leron here surgery was 28 oct I started at height 5.9 and weight 295 I

am now down to 244 three weeks after surgery that is amazing!!!!!! I have

been walking 2 miles a day since 31 oct the day I was discharged from the

hospital I have felt great no dumping no pains scars healing nicely. And

one other benefit from the surgery is sex!!!!!! Before it was hard for me

to keep an erection now it's always ready lol..... I was taking levita for

ED now they are flushed down the drain. And my wife noticed a difference in

the size yes its gotten a llittle longer!!!!! An fellas there is sighting

when I look down my stomach is no longer blocking the view......

I was just looking at my ticker, and that little running girl can stop running and sit down for a while bc my weight has been in a stall for two weeks now. I am going to try to up my Protein as suggested by someone but don't know if it really counts as much when it's in liquid form as a shake when it goes thru your pouch fast. But I def cannot get all of that protein in by food form bc it gets stuck and unbearable. Yeah, and Water is slow going too...

I think I may have found my pattern with weight loss. It seems like I will lose a few pounds then stay at the same weight within a pound for 1 week to a week and a half, then drop more weight. Last time I dropped 7 lbs in 10 days then stayed within a pound up or down for 11 days. So far I've gone down 4 pounds again but it seems like I may be this weight for a week or more. My only concern is the fact I haven't dropped anymore inches in a while even with my week long pauses.

Okay- I'm going to list some things that have changed post surgery.

Weird:

Skin- perpetually dry- it puts the lotion on its skin

Ears- a kind of fluid- not exactly wax but I need a qtip everyday

Nose- usually normal, but more matter now. I have to blow every morning.

Water fills me up- I feel like Ryan Reynolds in that movie where he says no to pancakes bc he said he was full after a glass of water! I could just say to a waitress, "no thank you- I ingested a big gulp of air on my way in."

It's like my body is purging toxins or something.

Positive:

I can cross my legs for longer periods of time before I get tired of holding one leg over the other.

My back is smoothing out

My chin is beginning to define itself into a jawline!

My bra is not so tight anymore (underpants either)

My jeans aren't strangling me

My eyes seem bigger and less squinty bc my face isn't as chubby.

I could zip a pair of boots all the way to the top (they are for bigger calves, but hey.. couldn't before surgery)

25 lb weight loss in a total of 42 days. (That's averaged to .60 of a pound every day)

Am saving a lot of money on groceries!

Negative:

2 week stall

Hard to eat when I don't want to

Constipation- never dealt with that before

So far, the positives outweigh the negatives!

@@tacycakes

Way to go!!! Love the lists! No contest positives really outweigh the negatives! I also have the driest skin in the world now ????

Edited by freelyme