Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In reading over recent postings. I'am noticing individuals losing 15, 25 & 40 lbs. I loved @@Beni question and thought we might all want to answer it.

So how do you feel now that you've had a significant loss. And let me remind you anything over 10lbs is significant and over 20 is the magic number most Doctors ask us to try to lose to make a different in Our health.

I know I had a moment last week after losing 30LBs as I walked down the stairs I felt amazingly light as I stepped down the steps.

And tonight carrying a 12 pack of paper towels & some detergent I noticed the weight different walking up the steps as I Carried it and then put it down. To think a few weeks ago that weight was on me!

So now that your seeing a lost how do you feel?

My knees don't hurt when I get up anymore. And not sure if this is related, but my husband and I have been going at it like rabbits this last week. ;) Guess he's pretty thrilled with the changes lol.

I lost 43 and can't tell a difference. My mom says my face is thinning out and I don't look bloated but besides that it only looks like 15lbs to me. I am 5'10 and a half tho so my weight loss is really scattered. I need to lose like 90 so it can look like 50. I'm in hosital gowns most of my days but my jeans are sagging now so I know I've lost inches. I feel lighter on my walks through the halls of this hospital lol.

I lost 43 and can't tell a difference. My mom says my face is thinning out and I don't look bloated but besides that it only looks like 15lbs to me. I am 5'10 and a half tho so my weight loss is really scattered. I need to lose like 90 so it can look like 50. I'm in hosital gowns most of my days but my jeans are sagging now so I know I've lost inches. I feel lighter on my walks through the halls of this hospital lol.

Great job! Also great to hear from you! You're gonna kick this!!

@@Bronxmerci if your jeans are sagging that's your sign & the fact you have the energy to walk the halls that's fantastic. So glad your doing better!!!

@@freelyme @@Jyoyonomore thanks babes :) my mom finally brought my laptop so i feel more alive. sometimes im weak to walk but i have this lovely nurse that reminds me of a grandma that comes in everyday and pushes me so that i don't get anymore blood clots from lying around all day. the doctor said i can get off the tube in a few days because i am eating some purees and drinking 2 of those hospital pitchers a day, i am so glad. i am off the heparin and coumadin because my blood is too thin now, geez lol now they want it to thicken up more so that i can finally go home, the doctor said i cant veen shave because if i get a cut im not going to clot up. so im turning into a bear here lmao. on another note, do you guys know what my mother did today! she calls me before coming and asks me if i would like a mcdonalds caramel sundae, im like damn cuz i loved those before but i know i cant have that and she should know too, being that she had gastric bypass 5 years ago. im like mom do you want to kill me loll duhh i dont want one lol, i know shes just trying to cheer me up but hello thats what got me here in the first place, those treats to cheer up lol. @@layknee can you believe its been 4 weeks already? time flies.

Down about 25lbs since surgery (40 total) and still on purees for another week. I've definitely tried a few "advanced" foods and had no problems as long as I go slow and don't overdo it.

Pretty excited that the doc has cleared me to exercise, I've done a couple deep Water aerobics classes with my MIL that were fun and surprisingly intense. Abs (or the spot in fat were my abs are hiding) are still sore from Saturday!

Also- my physical hunger has definitely come back but only in the sense that I get super cranky if I haven't eaten.

Anyone else craving chocolate?? If so I have the perfect snack that my pouch and I both LOVE. 2-4 tbsp of Just Great Stuff Organic powdered Peanut Butter (regular and chocolate flavor), with a pinch of salt and Splenda, mixed with enough Water to make it the right consistency. It tastes like Nutella!!!

oh wow I saw the powder Peanut Butter on sale at big lots and was thinking about getting it.

@@Bronxmerci that is hilarious! I'm glad you're eating and drinking better and so I assume w the blood clot gone your pain is decreased or gone?? So glad you're on the downhill swing! You've fought hard and you'll achieve your goals, I'm certain bcs you've invested so much already. I'm still laughing at the shake lol... So proud of all that you have accomplished especially in the fact that you have had more to overcome! Keep I other awesome work!

My knees don't hurt when I get up anymore. And not sure if this is related, but my husband and I have been going at it like rabbits this last week. ;) Guess he's pretty thrilled with the changes lol.

My husband and I finally did some bedroom activity after I was totally done being sore and in pain from surgery. That 25lbs gone made a world of difference in the action.

@@freelyme the blood clot is still there but now that my blood is thin it should dissolve faster. ive had my period 3 times since oct 14th. i am no longer in pain!! thank goodness. i refused the percocets on 4 ocassions, the doctors were happy because they were getting concerned about the pain. i only need the pain medicine when i drink too much Water. also i had like 4 bowel movements and it was black diarrhea, they were so scared but after running some tests all was good. i guess it was the Iron they gave me. i had mashed potatoes yesterday and it caused me to dump and i was gagging but nothing would come up it was the worst but nothing like the clot pain. im still scared of food but i try because i have to get out of here. i dont even know how outside feels anymore lol. i hope to be home for the holidays, i feel like doing it at my house and actually cooking for my family.

Think I can puree tatertot casserole??? LOL--that's what my family is having and nothing else is sounding good at all.

speaking of doing the wild thing....my man and I got into a big old argument, about a few things---but of course sex got thrown in my face.(or shoud I say the lack of...) I have seriously not been physically able to. That doesn't mean I haven't had plenty of urges, but there's just no way. My belly pain has been so horrid, on that right side. THEN, I got my period. So now that's done, and I'm finally feeling like maybe physically I could do something. But my gosh--he said some mean things today and there's just no way my mind is in the right place to be able to be intimate. I'm so sad. :-(

Whoohoo!!! Awesome job!!!

I can't wait for toasted bread!!

I miss toast!!

I'm sorry for the TMI, but I'm so uncomfortable from not being able to move my bowels :( I have hardly been able to in about 3 days. I've been taking the colace, and still no. Today I was ok, had eggs for Breakfast, my bf and I went out and about and I took a Protein Shake with me. I drank 4oz of it and about 15 min after my last sip I was in so much pain, right in the middle of my belly. I felt like I had to go and I felt like I had to puke. We stopped at a bathroom and I couldn't do either. Pain wasn't going away so I called the nurse line. She told me to do an enema (ew!)...soo I stopped and got one, we went home, I did it, it worked a LITTLE bit, and then I took a 3 hr nap. I woke up and the pain was gone for the most part...but I still feel blah. I'm not hungry, I'm afraid to eat. I just want Water and Popsicles. Idk if it's happening from eating more foods now on puree? I was going just fine last week :(

On a happier note, I've just realized that I have lost 40 lbs since June, and 20 since surgery 2 weeks ago. I def feel better other than the belly cramps. My arthritis isn't as bad it seems, I am able to walk up the stairs and not cry. My boyfriend looked at me today and said "wow babe, you're looking really good", which made me feel good of course. As for sex...I miss it lol. We were so excited cuz I got the ok from doc last week, and then I got my period. Next week I guess lol.

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I am still having pain. I had my post-op appointment on Friday and they took out about half of the staples. They left 14 staples in the large incision and I get those out this Friday. Whenever I stand up, I feel this burning pulling feeling in my lower abdomen, mostly around my belly button. It helps a little if I hold my stomach up, but it still hurts. It is so frustrating reading how well people are doing just a week out and I am struggling just to walk or stand for any period of time. At my post-op appointment they said considering how extensive my surgery was, I am doing well. I just feel like my recovery is going so slow and I feel like I should be further along than I am. I am now 13 days post-op.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Kim

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I am still having pain. I had my post-op appointment on Friday and they took out about half of the staples. They left 14 staples in the large incision and I get those out this Friday. Whenever I stand up, I feel this burning pulling feeling in my lower abdomen, mostly around my belly button. It helps a little if I hold my stomach up, but it still hurts. It is so frustrating reading how well people are doing just a week out and I am struggling just to walk or stand for any period of time. At my post-op appointment they said considering how extensive my surgery was, I am doing well. I just feel like my recovery is going so slow and I feel like I should be further along than I am. I am now 13 days post-op.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Kim

Kim

I had that same burning, stinging pain around one of my incisions up until last Friday. And that was about 18 days post up. At my 2 week check up they did a CT scan to be sure nothing was going on inside. There was just ALOT of swelling. I was BEYOND frustrated thinking it was never going to go away. But it did. I still once in a while have that pulling/ burning pain. But it's when I yell (at the dogs or kids, LOL) or just use my tummy muscles too much.

So it will get better! :-) And if you still have staples, I'm sure that's still causing some pain I would think.

It is frustrating, I know. I was mean, ornery and emotional because I had that pain all the time. It really messes with a person's head! :-(

Hang in there!!!