Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks, I'll need it. Pain and I are not best friends. I just hope I don't cry like a baby and embarrass myself to death.

its ok to cry.

@@amylynns

they did tell us our taste buds would change. That's were the unflavored Protein will be great.

funny enough I think your taste buds change because you eat and drink so much slower. You really end up tasting your food.

Edited by layknee

OMG @@Ettreanna

You got hit by a car. What happened? And then surgery on top, you are my hero.

Happy Sunday Gladiators! So I have been reading about folks having problems drinking Water but able to drink other liquids. I'am sorry @@smiley922' @@layknee and others are having problems. Like you I read so many books about Bariatric Surgery before I did my PreOp l was overwhelmed with all the info. But I took away a couple of things from all the so called experts that might help you

1. Everyone's Preop & PostOp experience is different.

2. Sip sip sip every liquid allowed by your Surgeon to allow your new stomach ( which is like a Newborn baby's) to get used to it. ( My goal is to get to 64oz per day of. liquid)

3. Take all the prescribed Meds as ordered everyone of them is ordered for a reason. Particularly the "Proton Pump Inhibitors"i. e Omeprazole which reduces the acid in your New Baby stomach.

4.Take your time every step of the way during your PostOp don't move too quickly to purée or regular food and if your stomach gets upset from something go back & try a day of complete liquids.

5. Start Walking as soon as you can but pace yourself this is not a sprint its a marathon

6. And last but not least if you don't feel Right don't pause, hesitate or waver CALL your Surgeon or Get to the Emergency Room not a clinic not a Urgent Care go to The ER. If something is truly wrong the sooner it's fixed the better off you are.

7. I doing Great besides a little insomnia and leg discomfort but Because I'am almost. 2 hours from my Surgeon & the hospital I had my procedure I got referrals from the Surgeon of people she trusted affiliated with the Hospital closest to me Just In Case!

Now mind you my Surgeon still wants me to call her office first 24 -7 but she was happy to give me the referrals

Wishing everyone a pain free recovery and ⭐️a tremendous weight Loss by Thanksgiving!

Morning Gladiators

So guess who made a big mistake....... Me. I had a fantastic weekend my husband & I took in a movie Sat he ate popcorn I sipped on a Protein shake and then my older brother who lives a two days drive from me came in with my sister in law to check on me in person. It was a beautiful Sunday & I stayed on plan. But this morning I woke up around 2am with a twinge in my left side around one of the incision sites. Not dull pain just a recurring twinge the woke me up. I was able to go back to sleep but then my lovely husband accidentally elbowed me in the same place at 6;30am and I yelled in pain. I decided ok time to get up.

So I decide maybe I better take my liquid pain med even though it's not continuous I don't want to have the pain get worse It's been a week since I stopped taking it but I am in pain so I take it. Now I might as well take all my meds so I take the my Multivitamin and I'm sitting here reviewing my records and it hits me I forgot to take my acid reducing "OMEPRAZOLE" yesterday.

????.

So I take it and not 5 mins later the twinge is gone. I think I figured out what the twinge was. So lesson learned keeping a record of my meds each day was a good thing cause over confidant me forgot.

Also took my weekly 1/2 Shot glass of prune juice to help keep me regular. For me it works.

Hate that I didn't figure that out till after I took the pain med.

@@layknee

You make an excellent point on the eating slower and tasting food. I have noticed that most overweight people I know tend to eat fast. I can tell you even on my pre-diet just eating slower made me fuller, with a longer feeling of fullness and grazing free.

Hey guys I've been in the er for 12 hours, I'm getting admitted now. I had a catscan and abdominal xray done, not the barrium though. I don't know what's wrong, all I know is that I had to demand to see a bariatric doctor, the doctor before was going to discharge me in the same condition I arrived. I've been given maalox and something that numbed my stomach, then again, and then morphine. I haven't ate in days and I stopped drinking yesterday. I'll update, I feel like I'm going to die.

Okay the doctor just came, I have a bloodclot on my surgery, I didn't get much details but they are concerned and they have contacted my surgeon so that he can check me out. This is what might be causing the pain. The other dumb dumb made me feel worse by giving me maalox because he thought it was acid. Gosh I wish I could see his aRse again. I think if I didn't say anything when he was trying to discharge me, I would of died at home. I'm so angry, I just hope this pain goes away, it feels like I'm being stabbed and someone is pulling my stomach out, plus the Constipation didn't make anything better, also I couldn't fart.

@@Bronxmerci so sorry that you're feeling so bad. I'm happy that you stood up for yourself to let them know you were not going home in the same condition. I hope they get the source of the pain figured out soon and that you get some relief! Send positive healing vibes your way!! Keep us posted.

@@Bronxmerci

So sorry, that's serious stuff. I am so glad you are at the ER. Thinking of you and hoping your recovery will be speedy.

Edited by Beni

I so understand what you are talking about @@Jyoyonomore! I decided that I was strong enough to go grocery shopping yesterday. So while my Husband was at work I had my Mom take me. She kept trying to get me to use the motorized cart, but I told her my goal was to get some extra walking in. I did pretty good but after I got home I started feeling an unusual pain in my abdomen. I started looking at incisions and becoming panicked because I've been feeling pretty good. Then I realized while trying to get dressed and prepared for my shopping trip I failed to take my nausea med and the acid reducer. I sat down and tool both of those and all was well in the world!!! I agree don't forget those meds. I haven't taken a pain pill in about two days but I won't forget those two again!

@@Beni yes in a Dunkin donuts parking lot smh but I definitely wasn't pushing my surgery back so therapy and trying to adjust to my new lifestyle is hard but it is what it is

Idk how to accurately describe the pain, just know its one of those pains that meSs with your head and make you psychotic. I've been dealing with it since I made that concoction, but today I had enough. I yelled at my poor baby because of the agonizing pain, his dad just looked at me in shock. A way to describe it is an ongoing contraction. Very uncomfortable, a little burn, it really makes you go crazy, I didn't know what to do. It felt like I had to do number 2 in my stomach but couldn't, then gas swimming around it, plus nonstop contraction and someone stabbing you softly over and over. I was really crying thinking how I couldn't live with this pain forever if nothing was wrong. Thanks @@Beni and @shonislove. I'm so grateful that they gave me something for the pain, finally a relief. I feel so terrible about yelling at my son, that's all I'm thinking about. My poor baby had to deal with my psychopath arse :'( I hope he doesn't remember, I never treat him like that. Sigh.

@@Bronxmerci

Feel better, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery!!

Idk how to accurately describe the pain, just know its one of those pains that meSs with your head and make you psychotic. I've been dealing with it since I made that concoction, but today I had enough. I yelled at my poor baby because of the agonizing pain, his dad just looked at me in shock. A way to describe it is an ongoing contraction. Very uncomfortable, a little burn, it really makes you go crazy, I didn't know what to do. It felt like I had to do number 2 in my stomach but couldn't, then gas swimming around it, plus nonstop contraction and someone stabbing you softly over and over. I was really crying thinking how I couldn't live with this pain forever if nothing was wrong. Thanks @@Beni and @shonislove. I'm so grateful that they gave me something for the pain, finally a relief. I feel so terrible about yelling at my son, that's all I'm thinking about. My poor baby had to deal with my psychopath arse :'( I hope he doesn't remember, I never treat him like that. Sigh.

ive been there Bronxy I know the feeling.