Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Dr in Mexico

Dont forget Dr. Hidalgo is in Puerto Vallarta and only charges $4500 and then you dont have to deal with the border...

I am also new to this site and have been researching for awhile for Mexican doctors (I am coming from Canada). I do qualify for surgery in Canada, but my wait is 5-7 years in Calgary, AB

I can't decide between Dr. Arial Ortiz at OCC or Dr. Rodolfo Wilhelmy at Mexcicali Bariatric Centre (Almater hospital).

They both sound great with lots of experience and reviews from patients

Dr. Wilhelmy is about $2000 more expensive than Dr. A. Ortiz.

Both have F.A.C.S. with their names.

Dr. Wilhelmy performs surgeries in a hospital setting & Dr. A. Ortiz performs his at his clinic

3 nights of hospital stay with Dr. Wilhelmy, 1 night at hotel (do we really need the 3 nights in the hospital?)

1 night of hospital stay with Dr. A. Ortiz, 3 nights at hotel (is 1 night enough?)

It is a 90 minute car drive from San Diego to Dr. Wilhelmy's

It is a 30 minute car drive from San Diego to Dr. A. Ortiz'

Help!!

1 night of hospital stay with Dr. A. Ortiz, 3 nights at hotel (is 1 night enough?)

One night was plenty for me. I was fine on my own back at the hotel after that. However, I know they will keep you extra night(s) at the clinic if necessary. They don't just kick you out of the clinic after one night no matter what condition you are in! No one that had their surgery the same day as me had to stay an extra night, but they did have them stay longer than me. Three of us were released in the morning. One of my friends stayed a little longer, because she was having nausea. And a fifth woman who was there the same day as me stayed a little longer because she had a low-grade fever and severe gas pains. So don't worry. If you aren't fit to go back to the hotel first thing in the morning, they don't kick you out.

I used Dr. Hidalgo in Puerto Vallarta and I stayed 2 nights in the hospital... I think 2 nights is much better as I was in pain until I was discharged....

Coconut oil and aloe vera worked for me... and they sell coconut oil at costco!

I've got Aloe Vera Gel in my cabinet, and a costco card in my wallet!

Dr. Lopez, October 23 in Tijuana! So excited and nervous!

Good luck today...let me know how it goes and any suggestions you have as my sister will be getting this done in Mexico as well.

I think I am now talking myself into reconsidering and going with Dr. A. Ortiz.

I really don't think you can go wrong with Ariel Ortiz. But, as you know, there are several good surgeons and I think you will do well with whichever you choose. I know you've done your research.

I really don't think you can go wrong with Ariel Ortiz. But, as you know, there are several good surgeons and I think you will do well with whichever you choose. I know you've done your research.

I compared by surgeon here in the US who performed the sleeve for me, to the surgeons in Mexico. Both my daughters will be headed to Mexico in Dec. My surgery was performed in a Center of Excellence ( not a hospital). My surgeon was FACS certified. I stayed in "hospital" one night. Based on this comparison I believe that Dr. A. Ortiz follows this same procedure and has the same accreditation. I am comfortable with the choice we made for my daughters. I agree with other comments however. There are several really good surgeons in Mexico and you have to go with your best choice based on your own research and on your own comfort level.

I'm going with Dr. Alvarez! He's not the cheapest...but for some reason, I KEEP coming back to him after years of research. I don't mind paying a little extra to feel comfortable. Also, I live in Texas so he's just a drive away. I am shooting for early to mid-March.

I have heard good things about this doctor as well. You will be in good hands I am sure. Good luck!