Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op diet...... Destroyed!

Hang in there! The past is done and can't be changed. All you can do is promise yourself you can and will do this! Tell yourself it is only food and it doesn't control you . I know easier said than done. Using all the self control you have and can find is going to be your biggest challenge. You can and will do this! You have made it this far and you can finish this!

@waitingtoexhale After reading the responses to your post, I don't see where anyone was being mean. Just because they didn't tell you what you wanted to hear based on the information you gave them..doesn't mean they were trying to bring you further down. We all have trials and triumphs in our lives, it's the outcome that matters the most. I am sorry your having so many difficulties in your life right now, perhaps postponing the surgery might be an idea...get your knees better, your finances in order and take care of what ever issues needed so that you CAN focus on you...verses the hurdles your facing around you. We can tell you "oh, that's ok you messed up on your pre-op diet, just get back on track" till we are blue in the face...the ultimate choice to succeed is yours.

Forgive me if I don't sound compassionate, I really am considering my surgery is coming up the day before Thanksgiving, I quit smoking (which is killing my anxiety level) and if I gain just ONE pound, my insurance company will make me start all over again, so you see..we all are facing demons and must battle them the best we know how...coming to this forum has helped me immensely but the over all fight is our own.

Just ask yourself this question.....am I REALLY ready for this change, with all the other battles I am facing right now? If the answer to that is "yes" than you are stronger than you think...let go of the weakness that is causing you to react, if you don't then it wins....don't let it!!......fight...fight ...fight!!

@@Eclectick I repeat, I've gained weight because of immobility because of my injury and CAN NOT work my employment therefore my finances WILL NOT be back on track UNTIL I do something about this exceptional weight gain that has very much so impacted my knees which have lead me to become obese. Again, I will be having my schedule surgery on Friday for ALL health reasons. I thought that I came off a little mean with my response to comments as well as I thought some of the comments were a little harsh and that was what I really was referring to. Again, I didn't post my message for a pacifier or a pat on the back, I posted it simply because I THOUGHT that someone may have dealt with similar issues and I was looking to READ (as I like to do and UNDERSTAND) how they overcame..... I can't wait for Friday:)

Reading this thread was exhausting. I think some responses were in fact a little rude compassionless or harsh. Its all up to interpretation. @@waitingtoexhale I understand your struggle its going to be ok and thats what you needed to hear not that you were ill prepared for surgery and should rethink what you already worked so hard for. Ive been doing my preop diet for almost 4 weeks and I get food boredom I get anemic and I want to eat a bowl of Cereal something so harmless but because I dont know how small my liver needs to be and this is the optimal tine to take from work I have to smell it look at it then take a walk and think about the food and rationalize why not and keep telling myself it probably doesn't taste good or that it won't satisfy me. It works....They gave me up to 20 grams of carbs I can eat outside of veggies and meats and cheese. Everyday I pull up how much a simple chip or piece of bread will cost me and I act like the carbs is how much money I can spend and if the food will take all my money then its no good. Those are some of the mental games I have to play with myself to make It through. Almost to the finish line dont let your mind get to you.

I'm having the same problem, mine is strict no foods which is torture. I'm wanting to start eating at least lentil Soup but my Dr. and his office highly suggested their food. Basically the blandest oatmeal, soup, and pudding. Today is day 1 and I have the biggest headache :(

Thank you! @@spelmanite10 at one point I looked for a way to erase this entire thread. Today is my all liquid day, I've done well for the remainder and tomorrow is "the day". Good luck on your journey and thanks for reading between the lines.... Much love❤️

Edited by waitingtoexhale

@@itsjessica be encouraged, this pre-op is not only mental, it really is physical. I failed and kept it moving. You have done a great job and you're on your way to a healthy and fit rest of your life! Thanks for posting????

@@oui1213 I NEEDED to read this! I'm back on track, had a minor mishap but I did get my head back in! Good luck on your journey, stay strong and continue to have that awesome mindset! You're going to do great!

@@motherof5 thank you so much for the prep... This really encouraged me and took my mind off of the post that had me really thinking if I came this far to change my mind.... I DIDN'T. I know that not everyone is going to be here posting encouraging words but for those of you that did, know that it helps❤️ I keep thinking, if they can do it, so can I????

@@hillgirly thanks for the motivation!! I'm up getting ready for work, anxious and nervous about tomorrow got my veggie broth in the microwave to put in my dunkin donuts coffee mug so my coworkers won't notice while I'm there for my mandated hour today! Good luck on your journey❤️

@@TheCurvyJones okay girl!! I love it! Thanks for your post you said that just like my old personal trainer! You have to be in some kind of motivational speaking field or something! I heard you loud and clear and yes ma'am, I got this! Keep me in your prayers tomorrow ????

@@LuckyOne53 I realize that my diet is not as demanding as others and yours is demanding! You are a real trooper! Thanks for encouraging me to not think of this as a diet, this really is a new way of life, finally. Good luck❤️

@@proudgrammy last but not least, I read all of your post on EVERY forum! I love your icons and words of wisdom you have all of great characteristics! You're funny, understanding, encouraging, firm and classy! Thanks for responding to my post and giving me a good ole reading! Much needed, much love❤️

day 4 on 14 day liquid diet.omg I cant stop the coffee!i already had 2 cups with fat free half n half.i need to stop the afternoon cup starting today.this rough because im doing good with Protein Shakes and plain yogurt but so hard to stop the coffee.i find myself dreaming of it!of course im thinking of food but its the coffee more.