Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction has opened a new chapter in my life

Hello all!

I was banded on July 29, 2014. I am at 6 cc's and have good restriction. I find that I am no longer hungry much. After years of emotional, boredom, and all the other reasons we shove food in our mouth eating I don't really know what to do with myself sometimes. I find it hard to know when I should be eating now. I don't want to wait until my tummy growls but I don't want to eat just because I "should be" at some specified time. I guess I am now working on my new normals. It's funny, I am literally building a whole other life. I thought it would be just dietary changes but my activities are changing. My thought process is changing. I actually think about doing thinks like half-marathons, walking my son to school, etc. I'm not doing everything I think about at this point due to my issues with working nights and trying to get enough sleep to be happy and healthy. In general life is good. I want to increase my loses some but it's a learning process. I've got a few new favorites, among them the infamous Quest Bars, baked colossal shrimp, and yes I still have a couple tbsp's of pie every now and then but apple pie Quest Bars are really turning into my go to when I want something like that. Wow this is all so new.

I know, it can get some getting used to....myself, I stopped worrying about it....stopped counting calories, using apps, etc...

The ONLY thing I aim at everyday is getting my daily Protein in, plus Water...and I take my Vitamins and some extra supplements like Omega 3's, Vitamin D, and one or two others.

I continued to loose, and my energy levels continued to rise...my health improved dramatically much to the delight of my Dr.'s....( I was seeing as many as 5 every 3-4 months) so I must be doing something right. Never had a negative outcome in any way....

food is simply not that big a deal anymore, shopping costs have gone WAY down.....except we tend to eat out more...

@@blacktxbelle so happy for you! I can really identify with what you say about finding the new normals and how the thought processes are changing. It's amazing. I am so much happier now that I'm at peace with food. That constant chatter was taking up a lot of unnecessary space in my life.

I have to tell you that I was starting to obsess again about food recently because I was having a few issues with my tummy and consequently my band from medications I needed to take.

Today though even with a major un-fill I am feeling so much better and back to feeling that "normal" that you are all talking about. Where I am not "fixated" on what I am going to eat and how I am going to feel.

I love the freedom that it gives me, to focus on things that are important like good nutrition and not just "eating" and doing things that I enjoy and not worrying about what I am going to stuff my face with next. It really is a new lease on life and I am truly loving it.

Congratulations!! This is the real goal. Not a number on the scale but the realization that your life has changed for the better.

I did it today! I keep wanting to walk my son to school in the mornings but I get home in time to get him dressed, fed, and off to school. We live about 1.3 miles from the school so with a 9 year old I would need 20-25 mins (you know they have to see everything still) so not enough time. I dropped him off this morning, pulled my car in the driveway and set out walking up the street. I only did a little over a mile but it felt really good!