Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Natalies Mommy,

That really is awful that you didn't even get an

Inamed Band. My Doc in Mexico showed me my band & removed the registration stickers & put them on my handbook. The band was registered with Inamed.

I am SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU! How is your pregnancy going?

Natalies Mommy,

That really is awful that you didn't even get an

Inamed Band. My Doc in Mexico showed me my band & removed the registration stickers & put them on my handbook. The band was registered with Inamed.

I am SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU! How is your pregnancy going?

Aw, thanks. The pregnancy is going good so far. Still have a long way to go!

I was upset, to say the least, when I found out my band wasn't Inamed. Prior to surgery I asked my patient coordinator and the owner both. They assured me that they used Inamed bands.

Through this website I've found out that the owner isn't even allowed to order Inamed bands. GRR!

I filled out the application online and received a phone call the next morning (because I filled it out around 11pm). I scheduled my surgery during that phone call. Airfare is extra, you have to pay that on top of the $7500, but through their suggested travel agent, I got cheaper rates for me and my husband ($403 each). You do have to have a passport and they'll run you around $127 to the Dept. of State, $63 for Post Office (if you have them expedited), and about $8 for two passport photos from Walgreens Pharmacy. If you don't have it expedited, it'll take approx. 10 weeks to get your passport, expedited will take about 3 weeks. HOpe this helps

Yes, it is wonderful there. He uses the same hospital as the President of the US uses if he needs attetnion. I have pictures of the hosptial, guesthouse, and everything. He has done more bands than anyone in the world at this point with Dr. Ortiz running a close second. They're both great surgeons and know there stuff. If you pm I can get you 1000.00 off of your price.

I am just researching the lapband surgery. I have contacted Dr. Ortiz

and his office help has been very helpful. They seem very nice.

I was banded by Dr verboonen in TJ....very clean, professional facility. The only thing I found odd: Our driver took us to a parking lot to meet with someone from the clinic to get my band (handed over in a cute little gift bag!).---seriously this happened---my initial reaction was: "what the heck have I gotten myself into" but then I kinda laughed and my husband and I both looked at each other and said "Only in Mexico!"

I am just researching the lapband surgery. I have contacted Dr. Ortiz

and his office help has been very helpful. They seem very nice.

They all are very nice and Dr. Ortiz is a cutie! Plus he is a great surgeon.

OK guys....I am totally confused now! I had never thought about going to Mexico for this. Well my family is originally from Colombia, South America but I was born and raised here. I speak fluent Spanish. I just took out a loan of 13000,00 to pay my surgeon here for my lap band. Now I am wondering if I should go to Mexico....and save the rest of my money! I live in Texas...Mexico isnt to far from here. Should I look into it???

They met me at San Diego Airport and transported me into Mexico. No passport needed until 2008.

Great experience....great hotel....would do it again in a heart beat.

I have yet to get fill...not sure I need one yet??

JSRICO---I have to say that if I had the choice to get the lapband done here in the US for $13K then I wouldn't have gone to Mexico. Follow up care is very important and for that reason alone, given a chance to do it over again, I'd stay in the states.

JSRICO--I love and adore Dr. Ortiz & love Dr. Martinez even more. I think they're both fine doctors and when I was having problems they spent countless hours with me and my U.S. doctors on the phone.

Having said that, I agree with Katherine 100%. Hope your surgery, wherever you have it, goes well.

Karen

If I could put my two cents in I would say the exact same thing. I love my Dr. in Mexico but if I could have had it done in the states I definitely wish I had. I was desperate to get it done and loose weight. But now that I have it and have been lucky to not have any problems I read of others that have had medical problems such as port infections and thier stomach rejecting the band so band removal. If you have a Dr. in the states you know it is an approved band for US Dr's so if emergency they will treat you. I have to drive 3 hours to go get a fill and then it takes all day to go and get out of Mexico just for a 5 min fill. If you have a Dr. in US that is only charging 13,000 that is a really great price. I was told it would cost me 20,000 in US so that is why I choose Mexico. But I don't have any after care here in US.

Good luck

I am scheduled:D for Dr. Rodriguez in Monterrey on July 5. I can't wait. Many of my friends are terrified of me going, but I know it is the right thing for me. If you are ready, you will make the commitment, no matter what other people say. There really are lots of great doctors in Mexico, and plus you don't have to go through all pre-op things like you do here.