Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

Congratulations on beginning your journey.

I was sleeves on July 21 of this year.

I am super grateful for no issues, no food problems, etc. I had my 8 week check today and I am at 40lbs.

Only thing I would do different, is not get discouraged during the early stalls. Mine lasted almost 2 weeks...then suddenly, I started dropping. The big the I didn't notice, etc through my clothes and I needed to realize it, I was still losing inches. So now, I just remind myself, it's going to come off, just be patient!

So glad you talked about the stall! I am 2 weeks out and my scale has not moved. I have to start working on patience :)

My granddaughter was 2 years old when I had the surgery. Her and my daughter lived with me. It was hard taking care of her, I tried my best not to lift her unless absolutely necessary, which was putting her in bed occasionally and definitely not for the first few weeks. You will need help.

As for someone else and stalls, I lost 8 pounds total month 3 to 6. I was frustrated as there were weeks the scale didn't move. I did notice inches, a LOT! Take your measurements. I lost my original ones when my phone was lost/stolen, but I need to do new ones.

This month alone, I've lost 4+ pounds so far. All in good time.

Woo! I Did it! Sleeved on the 16th! I feel great to be honest. The Nurses and Surgeon himself were astonished that i was up and moving and had zero pain the whole time. By the end of it all i was just running from room to room talking to the other patients and hanging with the nurses when i wasn't taking a nap. RIght now i can get about 3oz of fluids down every 10-15 minutes which is really good. Im confident ill reach my fluids and Protein goals for the day. Ive been adding a scoop of unflavored Isopure to my ready made Protein to boost it from 30g of protein to 56 grams per 11oz bottle. I do take the Pain Meds they gave me but only at night because its hard to sleep in that sitting up position and it makes it alot easier. :D

Was sleeved 9/17 3 days out. Taking my liquids ok. Kinda hard to get 20oz of liquids plus protien shakes down. But I'm doing it. Lost 9lbs since my 2day liquid pre-op diet and today so I'm happy about that. Only pain I have is when I cough and the hole they took the rest of my stomach out of.. Still walking at a slow pace. Went in hospital on Thursday and was home Saturday.. Good luck to everyone. So ecstatic to be on the losers bench gonna be a battle but WE ALL shall get through it.. Be blessed everyone

My two part stress test is this week....what can I expect?

Congratulations on beginning your journey.

I was sleeves on July 21 of this year.

I am super grateful for no issues, no food problems, etc. I had my 8 week check today and I am at 40lbs.

Only thing I would do different, is not get discouraged during the early stalls. Mine lasted almost 2 weeks...then suddenly, I started dropping. The big the I didn't notice, etc through my clothes and I needed to realize it, I was still losing inches. So now, I just remind myself, it's going to come off, just be patient!

This is the same problem I had. I stalked for ten days then finally I'm down three pounds! Yay me. I know I was losing inches but I wanted to see numbers on the scale. I am also down 40 pounds as of today. How much are you dropping in a week?

@ - - CONGRATS!!! I see around 1-3 lbs in a week. It just depends. Its moves slowly, but it does move. I started walking so that has made it appear that I'm losing more inches (I got hips for days :) ) than anything, but I haven't done any measurements.

The best to you!

@@umo Those stalls can push a nerve, lol. Hang in there ;)

@ - - CONGRATS!!! I see around 1-3 lbs in a week. It just depends. Its moves slowly, but it does move. I started walking so that has made it appear that I'm losing more inches (I got hips for days :) ) than anything, but I haven't done any measurements.

The best to you!

Thanks lady. I cant wait until I'm down 100 lbs or more. I joined the gym today so that should help.

@@umo Those stalls can push a nerve, lol. Hang in there ;)

And yes it really pushed a nerve. But I weighed at the doctors office today and I'm down three more so I hope my stall is over.

Had my one year follow up today. I truly love my bariatric program. The staff is so positive and encouraging! I started at a really high weigh so I knew this would be a longer journey for me. I was 4.8 lbs shy of my (self imposed) 1 year goal. I had a feeling I wouldn't make it, and was thinking I would be disappointed but I'm not. I think it's in large part due to the reaction of my NP, nurse and nutritionist. They all gave good feedback about how well I was doing from where I started. I discussed with the NUT & NP on what I needed to keep going for this next year. They liked that I exercise regularly, keep my Protein at 100grams or more each day and keep a food log. The NUT said some people slip up because they think they have things under control, stop logging and fall back into bad habits. So I'll drop these 5 lbs, hit my 1 year goal a little late and then make my next goal.

@@BLERDgirl I'm smiling and happy for you! You are one of my favorite people on this site. You give such sound advice. I really am glad you are doing well. Keep up the good work!