Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting... To go in for weight loss surgery operation

Just siting waiting to go in for my operation. Just found out that the anesthesiologist I was supposed to have is booked off on an urgent case so he is going to find me a subtitle substitute. I am supposed to go in at 1pm for surgery but things seem to be running behind today. No nerves yet I assume they'll kick in when I get in the room with my gown on it'll be more real.

Good luck! I'm sure all will go well. and don't be nervous--you are making a great decision to change your life for the better. Keep us updated on your progress!

Lisa

I'm also waiting.... All hooked up to the IV and listening to all the beeps.

Good luck guys. See you both on the losers bench!

Haha funny! I can't wait to be on the losers bench! I have lost 15 pounds in the last few weeks & I can't wait to drop even more!! I had to maintain my weight for awhile for insurance reasons so it's been nice being able to lose without worrying. I have 3 hours to wait because his first case went really bad :( like 3 hours turned into 6 hours & pushed me & the 2nd case back. So I am sitting in pre-op watching Bones re-runs all hooked up to my IV's & waiting for my new operating room time which is now 5ish... It's a long day for me & my surgeon.

@InspirationMySon. You appear to be upbeat and positive even with the delay. That is great. So the one that went bad was also a sleeve surgery? And if so, why did they tell you?

They simply said that his first surgery went over by 3 hours, and that he was in with his next patient they do it to keep you informed. I am diabetic they have to monitor my sugars & I am sure they want to make sure I am not getting anxious while I wait. I am RNY not a sleeve patient I don't know what the other patients were just that he does 3 surgeries in a day not only weight loss as he is a gastro surgeon & that I was getting pushed back...

Hope you both did well.

I hated the waiting part. Being all hooked up to an IV and nowhere to go. It gets frustrating. I waited two hours for my anesthesiologist to come see me. I thought they forgot about me. I actually called the nurse and asked.

But afterwards it will feel like minutes that you waited. It's worth it. See both of you on the losers bench!

@InspirationMySon. Ok, I will be waiting with you!

@@inspiration my son only ten more minutes til the best decision in your life . When you wake we will all be here cheering you on . What an amazing person you are to have to patiently wait all day long . I can say I probably would not be handling as well . I am understanding but what a long day for both you and the dr. Prayers being sent to you for a speedy recovery and see you in the losers bench it's an amazing feeling to finally getting your body and weight under control !!!

Good luck... It went by so quickly for me and I don't remember a thing.