Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rice cooker steamer

Anybody use one?

I'm looking for one so I can make my meals

And cook separate meals for family...

For me, Rice was one of the first foods to go on my "No longer eat list" (I'm a lap-bander)

Have not had it in years.

I have one and love it. My surgery is Monday so I'm not sure what I will tolerate post op but I made everything in it fish, chicken, steamed vegetables

I would say best to get a grill and a slow cooker. I don't eat rice and don't want to so I never use my rice cooker that I bought before surgery for my ex. Invest in something you will use for long term.

You can steam your veggies on the stove or just get a steamer. Good luck!

Rice is one of the foods I choose not to eat post surgery. It has a lot of empty calories that I can use other ways. I did try sushi rice once, at about 4 months. I had such severe cramps, and it felt like a knot in my stomach. Last time experimenting with that!

I still eat brown rice with Beans once or twice a week. Not a lot of it but enough to have one or two vegan type dinners. It's just too easy to throw two cups of Water in with a cup of brown rice and cook for 45 mins vs. adding another kitchen toy to my collection.

What kind of dinners are you having rice with that you need a rice cooker?

Going back one day I see you want to make sushi? I tried making my own once and found that it was much harder than I thought it would be? But give it a try? Maybe you'll find an easier way than I did? I think we went with sushi rolls with seaweed, some veggies like asparagus, cucumber with some shrimp and/or salmon on each one. It looked so easy but I think I'm too impatient. Let us know how it works for you?

The other day I had a sushi roll that had brown rice and had a hard time getting it down. I ate the first 3 pieces and it was not comfy and then half hr later I worked on the last 3 pieces and it was hard getting it down. So now I just don't bother with it. bread rice Pasta potatoes are hard to get down. It feels so uneasy and I just hate the feeling. I took a bite of the udon last night and I felt really uncomfy. So I just stick to things that work and not experiment much. I also had RNY. But I would say best to not introduce rice if you don't have to you know what I mean?

You know, before you invest in a rice cooker(even though they're cheap), you should try sushi from a restaurant to make sure your band is going to let you eat the stuff?

If you get a rice steamer be sure to invest in a stainless steel one so you're not cooking in plastic. I don't eat rice but we use our Lotus Foods rice cooker all the time. Family eats rice and steamer can also be used for other grains like quinoa, buckwheat, oatmeal, etc. It's magic.

Rice is no longer on my "allowed to eat" list. :-/

I can tolerate rice u can also make other grains too

I can make rice pretty good but the other grains not so much...

I Had a rice cooker steamer about 15 yrs ago and did well with it.

I still have it unfortunately it no longer works properly.

I also want one I can delay cook times that would be awesome bc I work till 7 sometimes 8 at night.

It would be super when I came home wouldn't have to cook.

I really love rice :( I don't I will stop eating rice forever...even if it is a little bit.. I do want to eat rice once in a while :)

You can use a rice cooker for so much more than rice ... Grains like quinoa and oatmeal, lentils, Beans, cous cous,etc. Its also great for steaming veggies and fish. I use my rice cooker more than my slow cooker.