Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

So frustrated about slow weight loss. I wonder if it is because I lost so much before surgery. I don't snack or eat junk. All my food is mostly Protein, I drank too soon after I ate the other night and had the slimes. GROSS. More careful now. I have my checkup next Monday and am very worried. I don't remember what I weighed before surgery HW was 270 and CW is 221. Get about 20-30 minutes of walking most days sometimes more. Was stalled at 225 for over a week. Just don't understand. Oh well no choice but to keep plugging along. Sorry so glum just a depressed day. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow

Edited by old_rn

@@old_rn don't feel depressed you are, doing very well. You want a slow loss so that your body would repair its self so you don't have to much lose skin. Don't look at the scale look at the non scale victory. Look at how much you have lost already. Keep doing what you doing. Next year around this time you will be where you want to be.

Thanks ayscott74. I know my body is changing. I have hip bones that I haven't felt in years and a jaw line. I have already had to go down clothes sizes but numbers are such a huge part of society especially weight numbers. I may have to find a tape measure just to console myself. Just worry about what the doctor will say next Monday. He can be tough

Hello All,

Looks like most people are doing good. I am doing good as well. I do not weigh myself. I weighed at the doctor's office. I am focused on body fat %. The weight at my doctor's office calculates bmi, body fat %, muscle mass etc. I see some people are not allowed red meat. Likewise, I am not allowed starchy carbohydrates for 6 months. Everyone's program is different. I plan to stick to my program's rules. Overall, I am happy with my progress. I prefer weight loss at a slow pace so as not to deal with excessive loose skin. My primary exercise is 1 mile on the elliptical machine about 4 times a week. Wishing everyone a happy week.

Good job Galaxy girl. Let's keep it moving'.

@@motherof5, is it possible to insert 2014 in the group name? There is another August group going on. Thanks!

That happened to me last week right before TOM. I managed to eat an entire donut, took me all day, but I'm no quitter.

Try a Hershey's Kiss if you crave a sweet!

Hello everyone. This is my first day on this site and my first post. I was sleeved on August 18th and dropped 30 pounds in the first couple of weeks but I have been on a stall for two weeks now.

I had a lot of issues the first week due to unknown allergies to the medications, surgical sutures, etc so spent my first week in the hospital not enjoying myself. The 2nd and 3 week I was so tired that I slept 10 to 12 hours a day. My doc (who is fantastic) said that it was normal as I was still going through the rejection phase of the internal sutures (constant itching, pain, and sutures working their way up and out of the incision points).

BUT at least I was losing weight! This stall is driving me insane! My NUT says that I am getting my alloted Protein in and that I am doing good on my calories so I should just take a deep breath and not get on the scale for two weeks. But, that is the hardest thing in the world to do! I keep thinking I didn't go through all of the pain and issues (had to take 6 weeks off due to all the complications) to not lose anymore weight so I am hoping that this stall will break soon!

@@ruskatie, Welcome! I just broke a 3 week stall. Had my surgery the 20th and only lost 20 lbs the first week. So you my dear are actually doing well. Sorry about the complications... The people on this forum are so helpful and you'll start to realize all that you're going thru is the norm. I too was worried and frustrated but my scale is moving again and yours will too. Hang in there, you're right on track. :)

Ruskati the stall will break they always do :)