Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

Thank you so much for your positive and motivational message! I really appreciate it.

Good Morning,

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Just wanted to update I'm 7 weeks post op, I have lost a total of 37llbs since surgery. I feel wonderful , I stated doing the MyFitnessPal, this has truly helped me . I can count everything and make sure I'm getting what I need . I had been stuck on the same weight for about 2 weeks but that has passed and I'm so glad. I get to start working out now and I'm really excited about that. I'm really glad that I did the surgery, I know that first week I wondered if i had done the right thing, but I have no regrets now. So keep up the good work and stay positive. :-) Oh and I do have a question where does everyone get the body weight ticker? Would like to have that.

Hello all

Hope everyone is well

I'm taking Miralax

Today is day 3 im at work though haven't taken today's dose just wondering what's taking so long goodness.. So far this is taking forever...

I had to resort to Dulcolax suppositories. I hadn't gone in almost 9 days. The first 7 were not bothersome, just worrisome. Then came day 8 when I felt I really had to go, but could not. By day 9, it was starting to get uncomfortable so I ran to good ol' Walgreens and decided on the suppositories because of their fast action (15 minutes to an hour). It took me 4 suppositories in four hours to finally feel cleaned out. Still take Miralax every other day and that seems to be helping now. I guess all my old colon just needed that little help.

Hello all
Hope everyone is well
I'm taking miralax
Today is day 3 im at work though haven't taken today's dose just wondering what's taking so long goodness.. So far this is taking forever...

Hi All!

My surgery was on August18th. I am going into my sixth week post-op. I feel really good, despite suffering from acid reflux/heartburn.

A week ago I progressed to soft foods and yesterday was the first time I had whole wheat bread and crackers. All went down the hatch without a hitch. Nothing that I have eaten yet has irritated my stomach, except it does not like ice cold drinks of any kind.

I am losing very slow. I have been in a stall (that began at 3 weeks) for the last two weeks. This morning the scale FINALLY moved one pound down. I am not mad about that because for the first time ever, I KNOW I will lose weight and it will never come back again. It's just a matter of "when". :)

I am going to the gym for the first time today, after I get off from work. I am excited about that. As soon as they give me clearance, I am going to hit the weights.

To all that are having complications, I hope you are feeling better soon!

To those that are plugging along without them, may your path continue to be smooth.

I'm loving this site and all the replies on "all" topics. They have been very insightful!!!!

I too had the issue with being backed-up and tried Smooth Move tea. I drank it as warm as I could handle and by 5 a.m. the next morning, things were moving quit well!!!

Good luck to all and I wish everyone great success on their endeavor to a healtier YOU!!

Good luck at the gym. I'm almost 4 weeks out...my one month surgiversary is this Wednesday. I still pretty comfortable with chopped and thickly pureed foods. Although last night, I indulged in one small onion ring at dinner with the family, taking small bites and chewing as well as I could...had no problems. Would like to move on to more solid foods, but I just get too full too fast, so sticking with the thickly pureed or chopped stuff seems like a good place for me right now. I find that I truly don't miss or crave anything. My downfall was bread and I haven't really missed it. I don't miss most things I used to crave like potato chips, cheeseburgers, steak, etc. I can eat so little that seeing those items come in big servings almost makes me sick.

I did found out, however, that I have no issues with really cold beverages or Cold Stone ice cream. No instead of the "Gotta Have It" giant cup, I just get the baby serving. I did try the "Like It" serving size, but couldn't finish it, either because it filled me up or it was too rich.

My whole question or issue is about getting enough Protein and Calcium and how best to do that.

Hi All!

My surgery was on August18th. I am going into my sixth week post-op. I feel really good, despite suffering from acid reflux/heartburn.

A week ago I progressed to soft foods and yesterday was the first time I had whole wheat bread and crackers. All went down the hatch without a hitch. Nothing that I have eaten yet has irritated my stomach, except it does not like ice cold drinks of any kind.

I am losing very slow. I have been in a stall (that began at 3 weeks) for the last two weeks. This morning the scale FINALLY moved one pound down. I am not mad about that because for the first time ever, I KNOW I will lose weight and it will never come back again. It's just a matter of "when". :)

I am going to the gym for the first time today, after I get off from work. I am excited about that. As soon as they give me clearance, I am going to hit the weights.

To all that are having complications, I hope you are feeling better soon!

To those that are plugging along without them, may your path continue to be smooth.

Hey peeps! Tomorrow is my one month surgiversary and I will be allowed solids. Yay (maybe). My stall has finally broke and I have lost some weight but I am nervous about eating real food. I know I eat too fast and make a huge effort to go slower but still forget and have bad pain in my stomach. And I also think I am the only one who has BAD diarrhea. It is crazy bad but it only happens about every 5 days. Can't take immodium and probiotic isn't helping. Eat greek yogurt but it doesn't help either. Any solid food advice will be appreciated.

Old_rn, I too am afraid to eat solid food. So afraid, I fixed Turkey meatloaf with mashed potatoes. I mashed the meat very well and I've had no issues thus far. I too would also welcome any recipe ideas. Thanks

Is anyone vlogging their progress/journey if so can you tell me how I can... I think it's neat

Good Morning,

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Just wanted to update I'm 7 weeks post op, I have lost a total of 37llbs since surgery. I feel wonderful , I stated doing the MyFitnessPal, this has truly helped me . I can count everything and make sure I'm getting what I need . I had been stuck on the same weight for about 2 weeks but that has passed and I'm so glad. I get to start working out now and I'm really excited about that. I'm really glad that I did the surgery, I know that first week I wondered if i had done the right thing, but I have no regrets now. So keep up the good work and stay positive. :-) Oh and I do have a question where does everyone get the body weight ticker? Would like to have that.

congrats on the 37lbs I use the myfitnesspal also and I'm curious how many calories are you getting because it says I'm not getting enough calories.

Hello Everyone! !!!

Just wanted to update I'm one month post op, I'm down 29 lbs. I feel good most day but last night was really bad, had nausea so bad. Not sure brought this on. I only weight in on my follow up with the doctor but this is me don't want anything to discourage me. I'm so proud of all of the Sleeves.

Congrats. 37 lbs. That's amazing. I'm in the 3 week stall. The weight and other tickers are under your account profile. Go all the way to the very top of the screen, it is in the upper right. It should say something like "Hello jelmore8312000". Click on that and it will offer you a menu. One item on the drop down mean is "My Tickers". That's where you can pick and choose the kind of ticker you want, the little scenes and icons you want to use, and input your data as it changes.

congrats on the 37lbs I use the myfitnesspal also and I'm curious how many calories are you getting because it says I'm not getting enough calories.

So it's fall and my allergies flared up. I can't take the nyquil pills because they are too big so I downed the recommended liquid dose. OMG! It hit me hard! I felt like I had been drinking alcohol for a few hrs. After 15 minutes of a full fledged "buzz" I was out cold. So, my word of advice: use a half dose unless you want to be picked up off the floor. Lol! But the nyquil helped really well.

Hi Everyone,

So Yesterday was my Sugiversary and I could not be happier with how I am feeling.

The odd day of exhaustion and its sometimes been hard with the way your mind turns to negative thoughts or reasoning, but over all i have to say that as of right now this is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I have suffered my entire life with being hungry ALL THE TIME. Eating to the point of full for me was like eating for two. I can say that that is gone. I now get full after a few oz. of food and I actually feel satisfied.Don"t get me wrong "head Hunger still comes into play and I know it will be hard at times

ie. in social settings or missing foods that I will not be able to consume in mass quantities... but I have realized since I've started some of the soft foods this past few days that i think i may be able to eat more types of food items than i thought.. So far my stomach has behaved and not gotten angry about anything. **FINGERS CROSSED** the thought of eating foods that I have avoided tickles me to no end. Now when I say avoided... this was not due to nutritional value but due to them triggering my appetite. It was hell. Items like Yogurt would make me SUPER HUNGRY... Fat or no fat.. Full of Sugar or No Sugar. Greek or not greek my body just reacted liked an allergy. Today I can eat yogurt and no issue !!!! YAY

Anyhow. I'm being long winded. I just wanted to chime in say HEY AUGUST 2014 sleevers Hope everyone is doing well. Here are my stats from this past month, post op

Week 1 - 4 Lbs Lost

Week 2 - 0 Lbs Lost

Week 3 - 2Lbs Lost

Week 4 - 7Lbs Lost

Micky :D

Congrats Micky!!!

Sounds like things are going pretty well! And that's great you can eat yogurt again. By the way, since so many social gathering do seem to revolve around food, I bought this little doo-hickey and it works great at restaurants (since I still prefer to eat more solid, but mashed up foods. http://smile.amazon.com/Starfrit-093474-Swizzz-Prozzz-Chopper/dp/B00D1KZJRU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411491525&sr=8-2&keywords=starfrit

Great little hand operated chopper. You can put anything in it. Haven't tried a cheeseburger yet, but have tried black bean burgers with cheese.

My friends and even people I don't know don't seem to mind me using it. I get some funny looks from waiters and waitresses, but they get their tip, so what do they care.

Good luck going forward. My one-month surgiversary is tomorrow.

Hi Everyone,

So Yesterday was my Sugiversary and I could not be happier with how I am feeling.

The odd day of exhaustion and its sometimes been hard with the way your mind turns to negative thoughts or reasoning, but over all i have to say that as of right now this is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I have suffered my entire life with being hungry ALL THE TIME. Eating to the point of full for me was like eating for two. I can say that that is gone. I now get full after a few oz. of food and I actually feel satisfied.Don"t get me wrong "head Hunger still comes into play and I know it will be hard at times

ie. in social settings or missing foods that I will not be able to consume in mass quantities... but I have realized since I've started some of the soft foods this past few days that i think i may be able to eat more types of food items than i thought.. So far my stomach has behaved and not gotten angry about anything. **FINGERS CROSSED** the thought of eating foods that I have avoided tickles me to no end. Now when I say avoided... this was not due to nutritional value but due to them triggering my appetite. It was hell. Items like Yogurt would make me SUPER HUNGRY... Fat or no fat.. Full of Sugar or No Sugar. Greek or not greek my body just reacted liked an allergy. Today I can eat yogurt and no issue !!!! YAY

Anyhow. I'm being long winded. I just wanted to chime in say HEY AUGUST 2014 sleevers Hope everyone is doing well. Here are my stats from this past month, post op

Week 1 - 4 Lbs Lost

Week 2 - 0 Lbs Lost

Week 3 - 2Lbs Lost

Week 4 - 7Lbs Lost

Micky :D