Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

Yes I'm on a. pureed soft diet still.... And even not I have to make sure my food is chewed thoroughly...

I was sleeved on the 27th as well and have only lost 15 lbs. My surgeon said I was on target. I keep comparing myself to others on the forum, but have realized that others may have had more to lose than I do. I am going to just keep going and pray that the scale continues to go down.

I was also told at 3 weeks I could add chicken, fish and other soft/pureed foods. I have eaten ground turkey, smashed avocado and refried Beans the past 2 nights for dinner, and seem to have some nausea or slight indigestion at bed time. I only eat 2-3 Tbs of each. Anyone else seem to have this issue? It seems like my new tummy does not like solid foods.

Allycat1973

I started pureed/soft foods too.I was sleeved august 25th.. my doctor said the same thing about the foods however I think my process is gonna be slower because I too get indigestion and Constipation seriously consideration doing semi liquid diet until my system is back to normal... We will get through this!!!

I don't know how much I have lost since I don't weigh myself very often, it was stressing me out. I am on soft foods, I can eat chicken, ham, ground beef with no problems. I have to take small bites and chew well and not much fits into the sleeve. I am very very careful to eat slow and recognize when I am satisfied. I am scared to death of the nausea-vomiting and thank God I have not done that yet. I still do a couple Protein Shakes a day to get all my Protein in. I walk about 5 miles most days. I see a lot of posts that people have lost tons of weight in a short amount of time and it sometimes makes me feel a little jealous to be honest.

Hi everyone I am 5 1/2 week I am on regular food but I can't eat anything nothing taste the same still no appetite. I do my shake to get my Protein. I have re introduced different kinds of food my stomach doesn't like it. So far chicken really can't do much. I haven't tried beef. Fish is fine only about a spoonful. What I do like is homemade turkey chilli. I can eat that with Beans. Only thing that doesn't make me sick. Some fruits haven't tried apples, only bananas strawberry canalopes and watermelon. I hope soon I will get better with food. I am losing no stall I am glad of it. Had surgery Aug 11 down 32 lbs happy with that. Hope everyone is doing well.

Good morning! Today is my one month surgiversary. My pre-op weight ( one week before surgery) was 224 and I'm bouncing between 201 and 202 right now. Feeling great, tolerating most foods except Protein Drinks so I switched to a Protein Bar instead. I've been logging my food the past few days and I'm getting my 60 grams of Protein and eating between 700-900 calories per day. Still haven't started any formal exercise yet, but our house just went on the market so there is an incredible amount of cleaning, scrubbing and packing going on.

The only thing I'm struggling with is staying regular. I seem to bounce back and forth between constipated and the complete opposite. I'm taking stool softeners and just haven't found a balance yet.

I was sleeved on the 27th as well and have only lost 15 lbs. My surgeon said I was on target. I keep comparing myself to others on the forum, but have realized that others may have had more to lose than I do. I am going to just keep going and pray that the scale continues to go down.

I was also told at 3 weeks I could add chicken, fish and other soft/pureed foods. I have eaten ground turkey, smashed avocado and refried Beans the past 2 nights for dinner, and seem to have some nausea or slight indigestion at bed time. I only eat 2-3 Tbs of each. Anyone else seem to have this issue? It seems like my new tummy does not like solid foods.

refried beans don't work well with my new tummy gives me indigestion so I stay away from it. Ground turkey meat I eat goes down fine. Chicken not so much sometimes.

I will cut out the refried Beans and see if that makes a difference. The scrambled egg i eat in the morning does not cause any issues. I ate Chic fil a's chicken salad today for lunch and it agreed with me as well. Thanks for the input. Any more suggestions would be appreciated. :-)

Hi all, this site is great!! I had my surgery on August 25th. I am not going to lie, the first two weeks were horrible, I couldn't drink Water or my shakes, I couldn't take my Vitamins, I was weak and I was regretting my decision, I had to call the nurse because everything made me gag. After two weeks I was able to have one soft meal, which made the difference, I feel great, I've got my energy back, yesterday I went for a two mile walk and it was awesome. I am down 27 pounds since the surgery but now I am at a stall. Not losing hope feeling great!!

Hi all I just finally bought the Walmart brand Miralax hoping this works... Anyone have luck with this product? Loving my sleeve just taking it easy for now

At the end of week 2 post op, I had the worst Constipation of my life. I was taking Benefiber regularly. My surgeon suggested I take Miralax, as Benefiber has a bulking effect. I've been right as rain ever since I switched.

@@mskiesha29 I use the costco brand every day and it has kept me regular. Any generic should work well so long as it has the main ingredient. With Miralax it takes about 2 - 3 days to get the bowels moving. Good luck!

Edited by Galaxy Girl

I was sleeved on the 28th and I'm feeling frustrated. I've been at a stall since one week post op. Here I am a little over 3 weeks post op and the scale hasn't moved in over two weeks. I know stalls are normal but this just feels so permanent. I eat right. I get my Protein in. I do struggle with Water but it's not too bad. I exercise. What am I going wrong?

@@GenaH, you are not doing anything wrong. If you read and research about the sleeve, stalls are bound to happen. Some people stall for 3 weeks or more. My NUT did not lose any weight 3 weeks post op. I was also sleeved the 28th. My clothes are getting loose on me, so I know am losing somewhere. Everyone's journey is different. You have to focus on your journey. Trust me, the weight will fall off. Just keep doing what your doctor told you to do. All the best!