Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

We are in this together and guess we will figure it out together :D Better than feeling like you are flying by the seat of your pants all alone.

Sleeved 8/20. Lost 12 lbs the first week then 4 then next. Nothing since. Weds will be 2 weeks on this stall. Grrrr I agree. Sorry others are experiencing this too but at the same time glad it isn't just me. Back at work now so trying to keep my brain busy. My nut has my Protein goal at 100 grams with min at 75. I mostly bounce from 85-95. Can't quiet get to 100 but at least over the mins. Walking about 1/2 mile a day. Doing dumb bells for my arms ( just the 5 lb ones) and can't wait until I am cleared for more. Some surg complications have me behind the curve I am afraid. I just want the stall behind me.

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site, had my surgery on July 30th 2014. I was 207llbs and now I'm at 174llbs ! It has been tough, The first few days was not a good time I must say, but each day gets a little better, in two weeks I can start working out and I'm really hoping this helps with some of the depression. And heartburn wow ,,, I thought that was bad when I was pregnant , oh no it has been like 10 times worse. Now on prescription medication so hoping this will get better with time. I still cannot eat much and I do have a hard time with eating as much Protein as the doctor would like for me too. I love Water and was use to drinking about 128 Oz a day. So that is what I miss the most. :-) A friend referred me to this site because on days I really get depressed, not sure why but I do. So reading everyone stories does help. Thanks for listening.

I stalled for 3 weeks straight from week 2-5 and and I felt like I was going crazy! My body changed a lot, though, and my clothes all got so loose. Finally started losing again last week. Stick with it and hide the scale! Your body's getting used to a lot of changes :)

I stalled for 3 weeks straight from week 2-5 and and I felt like I was going crazy! My body changed a lot, though, and my clothes all got so loose. Finally started losing again last week. Stick with it and hide the scale! Your body's getting used to a lot of changes :)

OMG! I'm stalling too! going on week 3 I'm going nuts! I lost 30 LBS the first two weeks and now it's like my body refuses to lose an ounce. is there anything you did differently? I'm on the gallbladder mads my multi Vitamin and acid reflux meds to prevent heartburn. I'm finally able to eat meat and non startch veggies. I'm just frustrated! I increased my Protein intake tody trying to drink as many shakes as I can. help :((

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site, had my surgery on July 30th 2014. I was 207llbs and now I'm at 174llbs ! It has been tough, The first few days was not a good time I must say, but each day gets a little better, in two weeks I can start working out and I'm really hoping this helps with some of the depression. And heartburn wow ,,, I thought that was bad when I was pregnant , oh no it has been like 10 times worse. Now on prescription medication so hoping this will get better with time. I still cannot eat much and I do have a hard time with eating as much Protein as the doctor would like for me too. I love Water and was use to drinking about 128 Oz a day. So that is what I miss the most. :-) A friend referred me to this site because on days I really get depressed, not sure why but I do. So reading everyone stories does help. Thanks for listening.

Are you taking all of your Vitamins? Do you need B12 or d3? I was having some blues myself, but I increased both and I feel a whole lot better.

Ladies, ladies, let's be patient; the weight will fall off. About 75 - 85% of the stomach is gone, so the extra weight has no where to go than down. It is important to get in enough calories so the body does not go into starvation mode. Cuz when that happens, the body holds on to the fat for survival. Weight loss with gastric sleeve is slower than gastric bypass. I weigh myself once a week. I do not worry about stalls because it is part of the journey. So relax and enjoy the ride. Next year by now we will all be looking sexy and hot. Lol...lol.. have fun losing the weight.

OMG what a great thread! Everyone here has a story and different experiences yet we all started on this journey at almost the same time... I was sleeved Aug 8th, lost 18 pounds right away then stalled.... 2 weeks of agony, then bam 4 pounds gone... The miracle is my clothes fit now... I had kept lots and lots of clothing just one size smaller than what I could squeeze into, now they all FIT! But soon I will be swimming in those!

Stomach is very weird... can eat very little at a time and the shakes now make me gag. I totally skipped the pureed food stage and went to eating what Protein I could stand. No frothing, vomiting or dumping no matter what I eat... Fish, beef, chicken it all goes down in tiny amounts.

Yes I have had the BM problem, the peeing problem, the can't drink enough Water problem, and can't get enough Protein in problem.... but I am not worried. This is WORKING, where nothing else has! Down 35 pounds from my starting pre surgery weight and I am happy! No, I dont like the tight full feeling, and I am nevery hungry, it's a chore to eat. I love to gulp Water or any beverage for that matter, and now I can't. But this is working, it's the choice I MADE to change my life! I am 60 years old and was not looking forward to spending my remaining years, fat and crippled. I could barely walk, the pain in my back, knees and ankle was terrible. Most of the pain is gone now, I have only taken pain meds once since a week after surgery, and this from a person who took 2 Aleve EVERY MORNING and then 2 Ibuprophen (motrin) every afternoon!

Be positive and empowered! You can all do this!

I noticed a few of you, like me, are having the dreaded 2-week or 3-week stall. I just wanted to say there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

My stall occurred 10 days after surgery, not even 2 weeks! And it just ended this week (down 1.4 lbs today). The stall lasted 17 days. I just wanted to let you know, what everyone says (and your Dr says) about just keep following your diet, Protein, fluids etc...is true. Your body eventually recovers from that initial shock of losing so much, and you start losing again at a slower pace.

Other suggestions...my doctor recommended to make sure I'm getting my Vitamin B12 weekly, and to switch up the calorie intake and exercise from day to day, to keep my body guessing. So I focused on that this past week...700 calories one day, 1000 the next, 800 the next, and I tried yoga, elliptical, hiking and just normal walking (not cleared for heavy exercise yet). Good luck everybody, may your stalls be over ever so soon!

Hi everyone, I was sleeved on August 19th and thus far I've had no serious issues. I'm down 23lbs and counting, with light walking about 30-45 mins/three days a week. What I'm dealing with now, is restlessness and fatigue. My sleep pattern is totally off and I'm very tired all the time. All I want to do is sleep. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Edited by 4grands

Thanks b4real5, I will try that. I need something quick, as I feel myself getting irritated a lot quicker than normal because I can't rest.

Thanks again,

Are you taking all of your Vitamins? Do you need B12 or d3? I was having some blues myself, but I increased both and I feel a whole lot better.

Yes I do a b12 shots once a month, but thinking maybe I should do this twice a month . And I will try increasing my D3. Thank you for the information, Btw I love this sight. :-)