Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have mentioned this before, my doctor says 1 week, I am planning for 2 weeks.

Now here is my question, I work in my car for 8 hours at a time. Sometimes a bathroom is 15 minutes away. I have a system for pee, but concerned about the other.

Any thoughts or input on this. I lean towards constipated now, and realize I could wear depends, but don't really want to.

Thanks.

I am a nurse on a Pediatric unit and plan on taking off a minimum of 6 weeks. If it were the beginning of summer, I might have said 4, but the fall/winter months are our busiest time and I sure don't want to get kicked in the belly or strain myself lifting anyone. Plus, we also get Adults if the rest of the hospital is busy.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

I am taking 6 weeks off too!!!!

I'm an over the road truck driver, I took 2 weeks off was hoping for more but had my surgery at the start of Christmas season so needed to go back.. I felt great just got tired quickly, after New Years I took another week off just to catch up on rest lol

Hi, I'm a hopefully soon to be Revisionist. I have a job where I have an office, but walk a medium amount of the time, with a walker with an oxygen attachment. I am on Disability and only work for three days a week, five to six hours a day. Do you think I'd need a lot of time off? I'm off, I get NO pay. It's all a matter of money. But the reasons behind taking 4-6 weeks off are compelling. I don't know what to do.

I'm planning for two weeks..unless I get offered this new job...Next Friday will be my 3rd interview...

Kinda perturbed, my Dr had said one week, I planned for two and then during my preop, he acted like with my job, he thought I might need to take longer. I am a contractor and no work no pay :(. I am in my car for 8 hrs at time with little opportunity for breaks. A bathroom might be 15 minutes away. And the is the increased blood clot risk due to being immobile.

I discussed my concerns about my job during first couple appointments and now he changed his tune.

Edited by smiley922

I am a Correction Officer at a prison. Because of the nature of my job I will probably take a minimum of 6 weeks but will probably stay out 12 weeks if I can.

I work from home as a bookkeeper. But I'm getting the impression that for gastric bypass you should seriously consider taking 4-6 weeks off even if you have an office or sedentary job.

I don't have a commute so I thought after maybe 2 weeks it would be okay to get back to work. But what I'm hearing, which I find interesting is that your insides are still healing even though you may feel fine, getting used to the new ways of eating takes time, people seem to be tired & physically exhausted and focusing on your new lifestyle is important. So I guess even with an office job one should aim for at least 4 weeks of time off and take the time to pamper the new you?

It's a tough call if you're feeing great at 2-3 weeks out though. As someone else said no work no pay. Thank goodness for my dear husband but clients are still left hanging.

I am a Correction Officer at a prison. Because of the nature of my job I will probably take a minimum of 6 weeks but will probably stay out 12 weeks if I can.

Charlene what state are you in?

Look people you need morw than one or two weeks. Your body will let you know. Bills will be here when we are dead and gone. If you have insurance on your job fmla and short term disability or long term disability will pay you until you go back to work. For all the people who are going to have surgery give yourself 6 weeks cause you are going to need it and do exercise a little at a time to try and regain strength. Just a little cause you will be tired cause of the change your body has been through.

I was told if you have the lapariscopy (sp) you should be good to go after 2 weeks. I have a desk job, so that's all the time I'm planning to take off for this. Am I being realistic?

Robin

Look people you need morw than one or two weeks. Your body will let you know. Bills will be here when we are dead and gone. If you have insurance on your job fmla and short term disability or long term disability will pay you until you go back to work. For all the people who are going to have surgery give yourself 6 weeks cause you are going to need it and do exercise a little at a time to try and regain strength. Just a little cause you will be tired cause of the change your body has been through.

I took 6 days off. I am a receptionist. Yes I was tired at the end of the day. Some of us already live pay cheque to pay cheque. You shouldn't assume that we can all realistically afford to take off 6+ weeks. Don't know who would cover the mortgage payment and bills during the time it would take for unemployment benefits to kick in. In a perfect world yes. But this doesn't exist for us all.

Edited by jacileggs

I will try to plan for 3 weeks at the least and 4 at the most. I need to save all my time from now until then so I can recover at my own pace. A month is all I can afford, I can't afford to do anymore.

Robin