Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

Thanks LainieG! Hope my book continues to give you inspiration like you have given us....we are all so excited for your journey....don't forget to take those Before and After photos! You won't be sorry. Just imagine how great you are going to feel by the end of the summer!

@@LainieG Good luck on Monday!! You will do great!

LainieG. Good luck on the 15th. I seen you have been in a long haul with all this. You will be smiling!! Queen of Crop...congratulations to your book. I will look into purchasing your book. :)

@LannieG good luck tomorrow and welcome to your new self! Queen, I just read your book. Awesome, I already posted a review on Amazon

@@LainieG cheering and praying for you!

@@LainieG and others waiting or thinking about surgery, I just want to say it is the best thing, the best thing, the best thing! I get more accomplished in 24 hours than I have in years! Feeling better and stronger everyday! It''s a great feeling and I can't wait for each of you to experience it! To health and svelte!

Thanks for all the good wishes, excited but a little nervous too,but I know it will pass. All of your successes help me to know that I am doing the right thing.

Love you all, my good friends

I KNOW WE ARE ALL EXCITED FOR LAINIE G!!!! TODAY IS THE DAY.....Can't wait to see what happens in the next year....WE ALL ROCK!

Well I am back !! Surgery on Monday, at home on Wednesday. Not a surgery problem, not enough, but was ok by Wednesday. Doing great, no pain pills since Tuesday. Sore of course from the stitches, but it is minimal. Have the liquid diet now for two weeks< don"t care much for it had to be done> Did fine for the 10 days before surgery, and I am sure I will this time.

Thanks for all the warm wishes !!!

Lainie

- Glad to have you back!! Sounds like you are progressing as expected. Must be such a relief to be on the losers bench finally????. Keep us posted!!

Welcome back and thanks for the update...we all knew you would sail through....and NOW the best is yet to come!!!! YAY!!!!!

I 'came' out of the closet this weekend with a very close friend...it was a little hard, but he had seen my Queen of Crop book (that I had left out by mistake) and went 'what is this???" So it was time...turns out, it was a complete non-issue for him and he said it made me even MORE interesting! Gotta love it. In fact, he said, who is the person on the left? (MY BEFORE PHOTO!!!)

It is elective surgery and I guess I can understand that, even though I don't agree with it. I see no reason why you can do a payment plan.

Did they tell you what your pre-op diet will be, i.e. how many days, etc.

Grammy, are you planning on drinking the canned or bottled Protein Drinks or a powder. I want to use unsweetened frozen fruit with milk and unflavored powder. Is that acceptable No desire to try the chocolate or vanilla, feel like it would not be good. does anyone know of anywhere that you can a small container or samples of some of these >

Thanks !!

Hopes, I spelled weak wrong.

Hi everyone, I had surgery on 9/23. I too only chose to tell my immediate family (secrets not kept in our family too any women) & three people at work. I didn’t want to hear all the negative comments from my family and I work at a company of Archaeologist who are all very fit, active, healthy, thin & tall.

To my surprise my family have been very supportive and call or text me several times a week to check on me and encourage me. This is a first for me, to have them be so supportive. The first 3 days I was like what have I done! I felt like I just cut off all my hair and I can't put it back. But by day 5, I started to feel good and was able to drink without pain and my day 6, I was able to get my 60g of Protein from my two Premier shakes. I returned to work after a week and have not had any problems, I have a desk job. I now have insomnia & bad dreams but no fatigue or headaches or joint pain. Blood pressure down from 130/89 to 101/69. I think for me little pain & no fatigue from surgery is because of my high tolerance of pain and from always feeling tired for years from the Fibromyalgia.

I drove to San Jose (1.25hr drive) after work Friday 10/3 to see my Mother for her Birthday and everyone was glad to see me. I think they thought I would look sick or have lost tons of weight in two weeks (lost 10lbs). They are very surprised to how healthy I look and no pain from surgery and little pain from my Fibromyalgia. Before surgery and one of my reasons for surgery was the amount of pain I was in daily. I was unable to exercise or walk long distances because of my constant joint, nerve and muscle pain and sleep was unbearable too.

I look forward to keeping up with my 7yr & 4yr old niece & nephew and less pain this winter from the cold & rain.

@BellLuce4 Glad for you to join the group,we have some great ladies in here. We have had 3 be sleeved since October 17th and all are doing great. One will be done tomorrow in Mexico. Myself, not done yet but hoping before end of year and if not what a great way to start the new year.

Congrats on your weight loss so far, that is great in 6 weeks !!

Keep us posted

Lainie

HELP !! I am going in the wrong direction !! Told my doc today that his scale was wrong, It says 336 and mine says 320. He assured me his was right as to what they spent for it. I have the dial on mine and I want it to be right. Told me again to cut back on carbs and told him that I was only eating one starchy card per day. Small potato, Pasta, toast, etc. He believe that my inability to exercise is part of the problem. I cannot walk more than once around the driveway before I have to sit down due to the back pain, even using my walker. That was his response when I asked how my

A1C can come down and lose no weight, and gained some even. A1C was 8.2 from 8.9. Dying to get to the 7's.

A Maybe it is time to get an electronic scale.

I don't drink coffee but drink a lot of diet soda. Trying to figure out how to handle that when I can no longer have it. I hat drinking Water and I know that will be an issue. Can we drink gatorade since it has some sugar. Crystal light is fine but I like the great value from Walmart better.

Anyone having an issue giving up carbonation ?

Glad to know everyone is doing well.

I was a "Diet Coke Queen". Stopped at fast food every day to pick up a Supersize one. ( work in sales and on the road everyday. ) Also, I had a Black Tea every morning.

I stopped both for 2 week pre-op diet and never went back. Have to say I'm shocked I don't miss either.

I drink Herbal tea, water and only a little crystal light now.

It's amazing how our tastebuds and craving change.

I was also a "Carbohydrate Queen" .... That title is also gone ????

You can have G2 instead of Gatorade.

No more Sugar or bubbles, but so well worth it????