Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

I am actually writing a new book! And I had the same problem...so I am using the same trick I used for Queen of Crop....I pick one day a week (Sundays is my day) and I write only on that day. I did that with QoC because I was writing a weekly blog. My new book is called THE SOFTER SIDE OF MEN...and the only way I could seem to be consistent was to pretend it was a blog. So try that! Would love to read your story. There are not enough books out there on this topic.

www.queenofcrop.com

@@Queen of Crop

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am curious about your use of "fitbit." I have several friends that have mentioned they use it. Can you tell me the advantages? Any particular model# you would recommend?

So glad to hear that you don't log EVERY bite, calorie, carb, etc. That has always been an exhausting and tedious task for me. Did you do this initially? I've debated about buying a diet/exercise journal for the first few months in order to monitor my food intake & exercise........just feel like I need to PAY ATTENTION (at least for the first few months) to the behaviors I so desperately need to change.

My final doctor appointment is tomorrow and I hope to schedule a surgery date at that point. I may ask you occasional questions along the way, if you are o.k. with that. Again, thank you for your invaluable tips, advice and insight.

Hi all!! I've been busy enjoying my gourmet liquid diet! Lol. Surgery is at 1015 on Tuesday!!

I down loaded Queen of Crops book onto my iPad and have really enjoyed reading about your journey. Thank you for sharing your gift with words!!

I'm in the home stretch now and I am so excited!! I've lost 30# since I started in March. Hope you all are doing well????

Woo hoo! The Countdown has started!!@@laura4923

Congrats & you are doing so well pre-op. 30 lbs down already? You'll be at goal weight in no time. Keep us posted.

@@Kathy812

hope you are doing well. I am now down 60 lbs. Hit a plateau for 2 - 3 weeks but going again. Already feeling better and still a long way to go

@lainieG. Wow Lainie... -60#. That is fantastic!! I bet you are so thrilled after such a long wait to have your surgery! These last couple days are dragging by it seems. I know Tuesday will be here soon. Looking forward to joining all you losers!!

• @@laura4923 thanks so much, the loss has truly been a blessing and anxious for more. Let us know how Tuesday goes.

Great job to all good luck Tuesday laura..

I am 4 weeks out lost my weight presurgury have last 6 pounds sence. Am sure when I return to work (yuck tomorrow)I will begin loosing. It's quite a ride were on.

@@LainieG, thanks for checking. 60#! Wow, fantastic! Glad to hear things are moving along for you.

I am doing really well. I've had a great summer, now that I've lost weight, I have become more social and have so much energy! Wish I had done this 10 years ago!

On the weight loss front, I've been at a horrible stall. Lost 1 lb a month for the last two months! I recently read on Bp where someone wrote their doctor told them to not eat any Protein Bars if they wanted to lose weight. (I have been eating one Protein Bar a day). So, I thought I'd try to give it up and I finally lost a pound this week, I also worked out four days this week-instead of three. So hopefully, I'll start losing again.

@@stevecfo, you just did !! Welcome !! Where are you on your journey ?

Newbie here! I'm 56 and finally decided it was time to change my life. And I just heard about the gastric sleeve. I looked into WLS before and didn't want the by pass or band. I hope that when the time comes he can do the sleeve laparoscopically. I have had two C-sections, abdominal hysterectomy, and an umbilical hernia repair. All I'm sure have left scar tissue, so I'm praying these won't be a problem. I am very excited to be entering this next phase of my life, and looking forward to the journey with all my BP friends! Hope you all have/had successful journeys as well!

What are some things you wish you would have known going into this process? Thanks!

Welcome @@stevecfo & katladee!

Bag packed, last Protein shake consumed, measurements and pictures taken ????, chilling on the couch with my love and my lab. Hospital arrival time 0715!!!

@@laura4923, good luck Laura, you will do great !! Keep us posted

@@katladee I had mine done laproscopically with 5 incisions. Each was about 1/2 to 1" long and one was a little over an inch as that is where they pull the stomach through. I think they all do it this way, at least I hope so.