Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

@@LisaGB, that is great Lisa, thanks for posting. Sure wish some of our old friends would let us know how they are doing. Miss seeing everyone. I was in June and am down 70 lbs. Did you hit a plateau yet? I have and it has been going on for about 6 weeks now.

@lisagb- congrats on your 99# weight loss!! I was sleeved August 25th. I have lost 21# so far. I've had several 2 week stalls. It seems like I do lose inches during the stalls though.

Thank you for sharing your success- it helps a lot!!

Hi I was sleeved on 8/18. I'm 54 and have RA. My Rheumatologist is the one that suggested the surgery to me. I have not looked back since.

I am down 35lbs and have no regrets.

It's wonderful getting full on so little food.< /p>

I didn't have any Pre-op diet I guess I was lucky but my doctor didn't require it.

I'm glad to have this forum to share experiences. ????

Hi All, I've been reading everything I can find on the sleeve. My surgery is coming up in December for the sleeve. I had my lap band removed in September. I'm 53, will be 54 when sleeve surgery occurs. I'm just saying hello, and looking forward to getting to know you.

Welcome halfagain! December will be here before you know it! I turned 55 in August when I had my sleeve. Best birthday present I ever had!!

Hi I am Susan and just noticed this forum. I am 57 years old and had my sleeve 8/3 of this year. With preop I am down 42lbs and 27lbs since surgery. I feel like I am losing the weight very slowly, but I am sticking to my plan and doc says slow and steady is good. I get discouraged sometimes, but I keep telling myself, doc did his part and I am doing mine and that's all we can do. I cannot help comparing myself to others weight loss sometimes. I am getting in my Protein, exercising and have a trainer 2 x week, and get in as much liquids as I can. Good luck to all of us

@@sbg224, welcome to the group. Sounds like you are on the right track. I have been on a plateau for about 6 weeks, but trying to bust through. I have lost 69 lbs and am 4 months out, so it is slow. But, that is fine with me.

One of our members, Queen of Crop, has a blog at Queenofcrop.com. She wrote about her experience with the sleeve on Sundays for one year. Excellent reading !!! She lives in Amsterdam and recently published a year in my life following weight loss surgery) I think that is the name. Or look for it under author, Zoe Belle. I have read the book and is very inspirational !!

HI everyone....thanks LainieG for the nice compliments on my blog and book! And THANK YOU for starting this very popular thread! I don't really post on the blog any more but I will post something in the coming week...why? Because next week will be exactly 4 years ago that I had my surgery at age 58! Yesterday I turned 62....but! I feel like I am 40! It took me exactly a year to reach my goal weight and I have been at goal since then...I am happy to say when I weighed myself yesterday I was at 139 lbs....the same weight I reached at goal. I love my healthy life and I have been told many times that I have been an inspiration to others...and that feels GREAT! If someone would have told me that I would be living a dream life and happier than I have ever been at age 62 I would have thought they were nuts; but I am happy but most of all healthy! Now, I must go to the gym!

I just think that your book and past blogs are very inspirational and anyone can benefit from them. I know tha t I have especially after reading your book, fabulous !! Glad to hear you are doing well. Sure would like to hear from some of our past friends. I know that some will hit a year this month. Hard to believe that it has been that long.

HI everyone....thanks LainieG for the nice compliments on my blog and book! And THANK YOU for starting this very popular thread! I don't really post on the blog any more but I will post something in the coming week...why? Because next week will be exactly 4 years ago that I had my surgery at age 58! Yesterday I turned 62....but! I feel like I am 40! It took me exactly a year to reach my goal weight and I have been at goal since then...I am happy to say when I weighed myself yesterday I was at 139 lbs....the same weight I reached at goal. I love my healthy life and I have been told many times that I have been an inspiration to others...and that feels GREAT! If someone would have told me that I would be living a dream life and happier than I have ever been at age 62 I would have thought they were nuts; but I am happy but most of all healthy! Now, I must go to the gym!

It's great to hear your success with the goal, and maintenance. I'll check out your blog ????

I'm a newbie! Just sleeved on October 8th and at 55 yrs. old. i would be curious to know what those of you that are at goal of near goal eat on a daily basis. Do you still work with your nutritionist?

I'm four months out and am in a normal BMI now. I was BMI 33 and age 53 when sleeved. I eat around 1200 calories a day and as long as I get 75-100 grams of Protein per day, I eat almost anything I want within reason. Small amounts of veggies and fruit; no potatoes, rice or pasta; occasional treats (ice cream or candy) but in very small servings and only a couple times a week. I concentrate on grilled chicken, fish or turkey. I still drink protein at least once per day. I never feel hungry. I will, however, feel weak if I don't get regular infusions of protein. I carry a sports bottle with a lemonade or juice flavored Protein Drink mix in it routinely. I'm turning 54 this month, I'm comfortably wearing size 8 skinny jeans, and all my co-morbidities are virtually are gone. I'd LOVE to lose another 20 pounds to be at my 20's weight, but I'm thrilled with where I am right now.

Hi...I am 62 years old, sleeved at 58 years old and I just had my 4 year surgiversary. I reached my goal weight of 139 exactly one year after being sleeved (lost 84 lbs) and have been at goal for 3 years with a bounce of a couple of lbs up and down. My daily diet now is about 1300 calories that I eat, or 1600 if I have wine which I do several nights a week. I usually have Greek yogurt with fruit and a little granola for Breakfast, or my favorite corn crackers (not rice crackers!) with cheese or salmon. lunch is always a small salad with 2 corn crackers. Except for Monday and Thursdays (my NO WINE NO COOKIE DAYS) I always have a coffee and a cookie in the afternoon. dinner is chicken, fish, maybe meat but not so much, and a vegetable. More if we are entertaining. If I gain some weight I do the 5:2 diet for a week. (If you don't know it, just Google it). Hope that helps! I love my sleeve and I love my life.

Hello I'm a newbie got sleeved two weeks ago. So far everything has gone smoothly. I'm hoping that continues as I start a new food stage tomorrow of all days Thanksgiving. Fortunately I have a 3 wk old granddaughter that I plan to enjoy while the rest of the family eats and goes back for seconds. I'm taking my mini food processor to puree my food. Have a great thanksgiving everyone.

Edited by mynewlife15