Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to fifties group

JUNE 15TH

FINALLY !!!

Yay Lainie! So so happy for you! You've worked so hard.

LainieG- so glad you started the 50's group and that it is finally taking off! I'll keep you and others in my prayers that you get your surgery dates soon!!

I am 54! Will be able to submit to insurance the first week of August and will turn 55 on the 13th. I hope to have a date sometime around my birthday!! I am so excited to keep making the healthy changes I've started. I am inspired every day by the hard work and dedication that you all share. Thank you for paving the way!

What bariatric Vitamins is everyone taking and about what is he cost.

@@laura4923

Thanks Laura, it has been a great group we have formed. Everyone is so helpful and supportive, just like our own cheering group.

@@LainieG, I take Celebrate Multivitamins (orange chewable & also the strawberry pineapple). I buy them online.it's about $16 for a 30 day supply. They taste pretty good too.

This is what I take every day, I mix both together in 8 oz of Water and drink it on my way to work. The nutrametrix cost me 25.00 per month (includes shipping)

NutraMetrix® Isotonix® Calcium Complete - Single Bottle (90 Servings)

nutraMetrix® Isotonix® Multivitamin with Iron - Single Bottle (90 Servings)

Sublingual Vitamin B12 1000 mcg - 3 times a week - cost 1.00 a month?

Biotin 5000 mcg - 2 per day - 8.00 per month

Today was my pre-op class and it went all day, all the tests and lectures, but am all set up for the 15th. 14-day liquid diet but mine will only be 10, lucky break. We had nine in the class and only two of us are doing the sleeve, all others are Roux n y. Did I miss something ? I have heard not to do the roux n y. Any thoughts ?

I think sleeve vs bypass seems to be partially based on the amount of weight one needs to lose. Greater amounts of weight seem to have the bypass surgery.

Lainie-how's the liquid diet going? I bet you are so excited!! I am very happy for you that you are finally in the home stretch!!

Edited by laura4923

@@laura4923 It is going good Laura, only been hungry couple of times. I am divorced and my son is grown so I was able to get all the food out of the house. There are no temptations, which suits me fine. I told a friend that we needed to go to lunch next week and she said she couldn't and eat in front of me. I told her that I just can't home and avoid the restaurants, it is somethng that I have to get used to. I told her that I would begin eating again but it has changed and I will do fine. How are you doing in the weight loss department ?

What am I doing wrong. I can change my weight under status update, but why is it not showing up on my ticker ?

@@LainieG, I change my weight in settings, under surgery.

Lainie- I'm am glad to hear you are doing well!

I had my 3 month appt with my surgeon today. He was very happy with my progress...-19# according to his scale. I have a surgery date of August 25th pending final insurance approval which will be submitted the first week of August. My 4/6 month clinic appt is Wednesday. Psych evaluation and exercise required classes completed. I'm getting closer!!

I can only imagine how excited you are after such a long preop journey! Wishing these days speed by quickly for you and that you feel energized!!

@@laura4923

Congrats on the 19#. I gained 17 lbs and 10 lbs two different occasions due to starting new medicine but I have taken that off, so feel like I gained and lost twice. But they were happy with where I am and I have lost about 9 lbs just in the last five days on the liquid diet, now only five more days to go. You are waiting patiently like I have been doing. There is only one thing I am sad about and that is postponing a trip to Texas. this weekend is my niece's 40th birthday bash. I chose to stay and not put off the surgery. It was a tough decision but I have waited too long to put it off, And she understands. We decided we would take a trip together to Florida in a few months. That would be exciting to go with a new body, lol