Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 8th & 9th Gastric Bypass surgery.

How's everyone doing? I can't believe I'm going on day 7 tomorrow.... The time really is going by pretty quickly. I don't have an appetite at all so it's really easy for me to just drink. I still have to be really careful of finishing my last few sips too quickly though.

I have been really fortunate to be able to tolerate everything I have tried.... Water is even starting to work out. I feel hopeful for the upcoming stages.

Does anyone know if the glue they use to stitch some of us up... Just falls off at some point?

"Does anyone know if the glue they use to stitch some of us up... Just falls off at some point?"

The glue should come off on it's own, as tempting as it is just don't peel it. I think you mentioned that you were having a check-up with your surgeon at 2 weeks s/he may use their remover to take it off & get a better view.

I know I can't believe it's been a week already tomorrow! I am nervous about when we can intro thinks like chicken & egg salad but have heard about it getting "stuck" so that should be an adventure. I am going out to pick up some cream Soups today to add to the selections.

Glad everyone seems to be doing well!

It's called dermabond, and yes, it will fall off when it's job is done. I can see stitches under my glue, that go inside of my abdomen.

I'm on day 7 as well, and so far so good. The nausea is practically gone -thank god! The pain is down to a minimum, except when gas hits. I've been sticking to my post op week 1-2 liquid diet. Then week 2-3 will be puréed foods, week 4-5 will be soft foods, and week 6-7 will be regular diet with caution. So far I've been able to get in my 64oz Water and 80 Protein like a champ, but I do get full and feel gassy afterwards.

I look forward to the weeks to come, and the weight coming off!

It's called dermabond, and yes, it will fall off when it's job is done. I can see stitches under my glue, that go inside of my abdomen.

I'm on day 7 as well, and so far so good. The nausea is practically gone -thank god! The pain is down to a minimum, except when gas hits. I've been sticking to my post op week 1-2 liquid diet. Then week 2-3 will be puréed foods, week 4-5 will be soft foods, and week 6-7 will be regular diet with caution. So far I've been able to get in my 64oz Water and 80 Protein like a champ, but I do get full and feel gassy afterwards.

I look forward to the weeks to come, and the weight coming off!

Awesome!

That's pretty much like my diet, although I like how yours has an extra step.

It's the protein it's pretty famous for making people gassy but it can also make some people constipated.

My surgeon has a guide that has the different phases. It's starts out with days. Days 1-3 Clear Liquids, 4-7 full liquids, 2nd week you can add creamy Soups, puddings and veggie juice. 3rd week add soft foods like refried Beans, hummus.... 4 week soft foods like chicken salad, tuna, eggs... 5th week regular diet.

My Dr. is amazing! His entire office even went on a two week liquid diet drinking only the Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement shakes just so they could better understand their patients! Right now I'm looking for a better Protein Powder. The BA kind is like loose mud, and unappetizing! I also have Iso-Pure unflavored, but it has a medicinal quality that leaves me gagging. I've heard good things about GENEPRO, and may give it a try soon.

I got my GENEPRO in the mail yesterday and I plan to add it to Soup today. It was kinda pricey for such a small bag but the scoops are smaller too.

I'm six days out today as well. I'm drinking tiny sips of Water all day every day but I doubt I'm getting anywhere near 64 ounces in. I'm barely able to eat or drink anything else. The Protein Shakes are so super sweet I can't stand them anymore, and when I can drink them I barely get in one or two shakes a day! I had yogurt twice yesterday. I get Isopure unflavored today and I really hope it makes a difference because I'm worried about not seeming to get any nutrition. Since I started the 10 day pre op liquid diet up to today I have already lost 20 lbs.

I got my GENEPRO in the mail yesterday and I plan to add it to Soup today. It was kinda pricey for such a small bag but the scoops are smaller too.

Let me know how the Genepro works out! :)

Hi all.... 9/5 surgery date and doing okay so far.... Just focusing on Protein quota & getting close to 60 oz. liquids.... Question re: surgery incisions... I have 5 total and all feel & look fine, except for the one the stomach was pulled out of... Still getting intense deep, sharp pain when laying down, turning in bed, or trying to rise from bed. Still taking pain meds at night for this. Trying to walk daily to work whatever this is out, but ...

...is anyone else experiencing a residual pain in their lower right abdomen. Maybe I'm a slow healer.... Or did too much too soon....

I had the RN-Y Gastric Bypass on the 8th, and I am having residual left lower quadrant pain (my left, AKA anatomical left).

No, I'm not feeling any pain w/o meds. I slept on my stomach last night with no issues. The only thing is after a few hours of being on my feet and just being out and about.... I start feeling tired and my stomach feels uncomfortably heavy. When that happens I go home and end up falling asleep.