Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 8th & 9th Gastric Bypass surgery.

That's great to hear!!!!

I still can't have anything by mouth until tomorrow morning. I was fine but now my stomach is growling.

AngelicHG7

So glad everything went well. You seem to be in good spirits. You started walking around 2 a.m. What time was your surgery? I just got word today about my 800 cal.a day for i4 days. I start on the 26th which is 1 day before my grand-daughter's birthday. (that sucks), but you do what you have to.

You were lucky to have a private room. It makes it easier to rest. Have a happy and safe trip home.

P.S.

Anyone have any contact with Shauna29. I am concern about her, and I don't want her to be discouraged.

I had mine the 8th too I am already home! It was supposed to be at 1pm but due to complications with other cases & a previous obligation my doctor had I didn't get in the OR until after 10pm, out or surgery around 1am & in my room again at 3:40am! But let me just say it hurts more then I expected! I had a c-section and that hurt this way worse especially the gas pains oh my! But less then 12 hours after surgery I was on my way home & getting to see my boys (husband, son, 2 male dogs) I was so happy. I had a significant amount of discharge from the largest incision under my left rib they had to re-glue it for me. And taking pills weird sip of Water & a pill equals full feeling! I am looking forward to tracking everyone's journey on here! post-225783-14103342980415_thumb.jpg

AngelicHG7

So glad everything went well. You seem to be in good spirits. You started walking around 2 a.m. What time was your surgery? I just got word today about my 800 cal.a day for i4 days. I start on the 26th which is 1 day before my grand-daughter's birthday. (that sucks), but you do what you have to.

You were lucky to have a private room. It makes it easier to rest. Have a happy and safe trip home.

P.S.

Anyone have any contact with Shauna29. I am concern about her, and I don't want her to be discouraged.

My surgery was around 2p and I have no idea what time I was put on recovery because I was kinda out of it. I had cramps on top of any pain from surgery and it took about an hour to get that under control. I decided to get up and walk since I was awake at that time.

800 cal? Does that include food too? I noticed that the rooms on my floor aren't all private... So now I feel extra special. My husband has been able to come hang out with me whenever because they don't have visiting hours. That part is awesome!!!

Shauna29 sent me a PM and she is doing okay... I am hoping to hear some good news on here soon.

I had mine the 8th too I am already home! It was supposed to be at 1pm but due to complications with other cases & a previous obligation my doctor had I didn't get in the OR until after 10pm, out or surgery around 1am & in my room again at 3:40am! But let me just say it hurts more then I expected! I had a c-section and that hurt this way worse especially the gas pains oh my! But less then 12 hours after surgery I was on my way home & getting to see my boys (husband, son, 2 male dogs) I was so happy. I had a significant amount of discharge from the largest incision under my left rib they had to re-glue it for me. And taking pills weird sip of Water & a pill equals full feeling! I am looking forward to tracking everyone's journey on here! attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1410334296.744976.jpg

Wow.... They really had you in and out. I thought for sure that I would be home by now. My surgeon still has me NPO. I am supposed to get my pouch tested this morning and if all goes well... I can finally start drinking. My husband has to go to work later today so I might have to take a taxi home.

I agree... Those gas pains are killer!!! It's worse than my incisions. I have been walking a lot trying to release it but it has not come out at all. I also have glue... So far so good though.

My doctor doesn't want me taking any type of pill. He has me on IV meds and even prescribed liquid pain meds for me to have at home. He says everything went great but he is just very cautious.

It's so awesome to read about others experiences.

How has it been at home? How's your comfort level? Were you able to sleep?

AngelicHG7

P.S.

Hi Missspiceybaby, I'm doing okay still kinda sad but Im coming along. They've resubmitted so I'm just waiting on my Insurance company to approve or just say no again. But I really appreciate you being concerned about me. You guy's are so sweet and I really appreciate everyone that has been checking on me I will keep you guys updated.

Hey guys, just checking in.

Glad to hear all surgeries went good! I had surgery Monday morning at about 9:30 and discharged at about 5 Tuesday afternoon. Everything went well and I'm happy to be home. This is the HARDEST surgery/pain I've ever been through, so I had a couple moments of regret. But I know it will be worth it when I start to feel better.

I'm having the hardest time sleeping. Can't sleep for more than a few hours, but I'm so exhausted. How are y'all doing for sleep? How's y'all's pain?

All y'all who had surgery on the 9th, how are y'all? Hope everybody is doing great.

I'm doing really well... I have only hospital experience since I'm still here. I have been sleeping okay when I can get semi comfortable. I sleep more during the day than at night here. I was finally allowed to drink for the first time since 10:45p Sunday. I love Jello and crystal light but not really feeling anything hot.

I'm not in any pain other than gas pain. I have not released any of it. It looks like they are going to discharge me. Now I have to find a ride home.

I'm so ready to go home though.

I'm still in the hospital too, but they should be releasing me in the next couple hours.

Pain isn't too bad, and I'm avoiding the meds since the oxycodone knocks me out. Hoping they'll send me hope with something different.

I'm going to be very happy to go home to my own bed!

Bebeandkoko... Sorry to hear that you have had some hard times... You sound pretty positive now though

Bebeandkoko,

I am with you I'm at home and feel super rotten I'm hoping I feel better soon. Just like you very hard to sleep the meds they gave me I hate...feeling absolutely awful.

Praying this part passes soon.

All the best

I have to say that the one thing that's great about being in the hospital is how they help you and bring you everything.

I don't have to get up unless I want to or have to use the bathroom. I get meds every 3 hours if needed through my IV and it kicks in right away. I walk in the halls every time the gas pains start up....

I know when I get home it's going to be a lot different. I am going to have to get everything myself during the day because my son will be at school and my husband is at work. It sucks but I know I am not the only one to go through this part alone.

I think things would have been a lot harder for me if the would have discharged me yesterday.

I'm happy everything went well. Sounds like your right on track. Keep walking to push the gas out! Home is easier than you think. I'm post op day # 7, lost 12 lbs so far, can sleep on my stomach. Yesterday I was able to fit in a pair of pants that I wore 5 yrs ago. I feel pretty, what a true blessing. I feel strong. Take good care

I'm home and feeling great.

They gave me a tray full of liquids twice today at the hospital. I do the best with the Jello but I was pretty happy with the crystal light too. I tried a little diet cranberry juice and it was okay. I tried a few spoonfuls of broth and hot tea and I felt kinda strange when I would swallow. It didn't hurt or anything but it just didn't feel right. I also tried plain water... Which has always been an issue for me but it was soooo gross.

I am supposed to be on Clear Liquids for the first 2 weeks but I have to go see my surgeon tomorrow because I went home with a drain and he is going to remove it at his office. I feel so puffy... As if I need the extra weight. LOL