Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Buddies wanted

Yes. You have to uninstall the app and reinstall it. They have a new and improved app but its the same. Yeah...stupid i know. I had to do it to make it work

My surgery is 10/14 in GA, I would like a buddy, if someone else wants to team up, not sure what all involved, but figure a more direct connection than the forum, its all up for discussion, y'all know where to find me. Lets do this!!!

My surgery is, hopefully, October 13.

10 13 14..... That way I can I will focus on the 101 pounds I want to remove.

Whenever I lose them I find them. Removing them is so much better!! Haha.

Hi guys! I'm hoping to have a surgery date in October. I finished my last insurance requirement Friday so all paperwork from my regular doctors should be sent to surgeons office. They'll submit to insurance in the next week I'm guessing. I'm crossing my fingers I'm not denied! Good luck to all of you guys! It would be great to connect with people in Phoenix, AZ.

Edited by Sweetjess602

I haven't gotten my official date yet. I am waiting on the scheduler to call me, but my insurance advocate said I could have it on October 8th at the earliest. My paperwork was submitted last Wednesday and I heard back yesterday.

I go for my pre-op class this Friday and start my pre-op diet on the 24th. Since my surgeon is located out of town, I need to go have my lab work done somewhere today, so that they will have my results back by Friday. I was told I have to get that done so that they will know which supplements to start me on.

Good Luck to everyone!!!! I look forward to reading posts from all of you :)

I would like to buddy up to. I just signed up today to this site. I am nervous and excited also. I live in Iowa and I am on my 5th month of my physician weight management. I have one month to go and I have already lost 25lbs. I just had my psych. evaluation today all that's left is attend a support group meeting and two more nicotine test and then submit the paperwork. I am thinking November or December for my surgery but we will see. I am so nervous to start the all liquid diet for 10 days. I don't know how anyone makes it through that. I am also afraid that I will back out at the last moment and I don't want to do that so I definitely will need support and encouragement/ I hope other people feel the same way.

I was just scheduled yesterday for September 30. I would love to buddy with you. Starting to feel a little overwhelmed and not sure what to start preparing. Wondering if I should start to buy Vitamins or Protein supplements now or wait until after? Start my 2 week blended diet on 9/16 and that will be the end of eating as I know it, forever. Feels very strange. Marianneva, what is your date? Where are you at? I am in Iowa.

I am located in Iowa to but I still have one month left on my 6 month physician weight management program. I figure I will have my surgery in Nov. I am nervous and also feel overwhelmed. Feels like a should be doing something else

October 31 here!

I received my insurance approval Monday! I was so excited. It was hard to contain my excitement, I am on a 10 day business trip and I have decided I am not going to tell anyone at work, so I had no one to Celebrate with. My surgery is scheduled for Oct. 8. I am in northern Virginia. I see my surgeon Friday to receive pre op orders and find out if he requires the 10 day liquid diet. I would assume so but not 100% sure. I am so excited to get this started and living a new and healthier life. Good luck to all who are going before me!

My Gastric Bypass is scheduled for October!! I need all the support I can get so if anyone wants a buddy please let me know :) Thank you

Mines set for Oct 8th I'm so scared and I can't seem to choose between Bypass and the Sleeve any suggestion?

I received my insurance approval Monday! I was so excited. It was hard to contain my excitement, I am on a 10 day business trip and I have decided I am not going to tell anyone at work, so I had no one to Celebrate with. My surgery is scheduled for Oct. 8. I am in northern Virginia. I see my surgeon Friday to receive pre op orders and find out if he requires the 10 day liquid diet. I would assume so but not 100% sure. I am so excited to get this started and living a new and healthier life. Good luck to all who are going before me!

Mines set for the same day:) I'm so scared and excited. I'm having mine at Scripps in La Jolla:)

I received my approval on monday as well for my october 7th surgery I was so overwhelmed to think that everything is coming together and after all the obstacles and delays it is really going to happen. Yea for us all!!!!!!