Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Buddies wanted

My Surgery is October 7Th. Just completed pre admissions and pre op appointment. Very nervous and excited at the same time. It took me since 8 month's from start to finish because I had to do a supervised 6 month diet first. Nice to meet you all.

I am Oct. 7th also.

Wednesday is my surgery and I am starting to get nervous. I have been wanting this revision for awhile. I just hope everything goes smoothly. Good luck to everyone :)

I'm scheduled for October 27th! My surgeon is Dr. Aanestad (IA). I start my pre-op on the 13th, and from what I understand it's similar to a modified Atkins diet. No carbs, no sugar, no caffeine, high Protein. I'm excited that it's finally here after almost a year getting there, but scared @ the same time.. Ready though!

I'm scheduled for October 27th! My surgeon is Dr. Aanestad (IA). I start my pre-op on the 13th, and from what I understand it's similar to a modified Atkins diet. No carbs, no sugar, no caffeine, high Protein. I'm excited that it's finally here after almost a year getting there, but scared @ the same time.. Ready though!

Good luck TinaC. That pre op liquid sounds about like what I am on now. My journey this time has been about a year also. You will do great!!!!

Charlottesville, VA here! Last PCP appointment on 10/1 then everything will be submitted to insurance for final approval! Nervous, anxious, excited, all of this waiting has been agony! I have been mentally ready for this since about April! Seems like surgery will never get here!!

Probably another 6 weeks or so until insurance approval and actual surgery date...............

I am scheduled for band to bypass on 10/23. If there is anyone else around that time is definitely love to have a buddy

Hi everyone. I'm having gastric bypass on Oct 6 and kinda love the idea of having October surgery buddies. I've always been a bit hit & miss about posting and will work to do better with this group. Something tells me I may be looking for new things to focus on & I'll bet this group will fit the bill.

I'm surprised by all the different pre-op diets I'm seeing. I wonder why such differences between the Drs.

So glad to see our October Group growing!!

I'm struggling quite a bit with working out. Or should I say, I have ZERO motivation to work out! Ugh...I'm just worried I won't be able to get back into the groove of working out after surgery if I don't get back into it now, before surgery.

I keep telling myself every morning that tonight I'll either go to the gym, or go walking, something--and then by evening I'm just exhausted. I already get up at 5:30 in the morning and I just can't get up earlier to work out. I've always done well in the past going right away after work, but our evening just seem to be full of kids activities, and I hate making my honey do it all....I also know I can't really use that as an excuse because he's said numerous times he's fine with handling stuff in the evenings, but it's just that "mom guilt" that gets me I guess.

Hey happy!! I'm in cville too! Are you with dr. Trahan?

Edited by superbariatricbabe

Don't worry Amylynns, I have zero motivation as well. I wonder if it has to do with how tired I've been lately. I'm sure once the weight comes off you'll have more energy and motivation to work out better.

Auri--It could be! I too have just been exhausted! About 3PM I just want a nap SO badly! I am really looking forward to having some energy!

I'm on oct. 13th. Started my full liquid 800 calorie diet today.

800 calories sounds like a rough 2 weeks. Remember to reach out if you need help. A lot of us are in similar boats right now. My liquid diet seems to be hardest around 5pm right before dinner- so that's when I check the boards and forums to stay focused and remind myself of the end goal.