Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys! I need some help with motivation. I was doing so well with exercising and then I went on vacation and when I got back..........my motivation stayed there! Any suggestions? It might sound like excuses but my work schedule has caused some work-out dampers and I'm trying to overcome those. But I have just lost interest. I have done new things. I have bought new workout videos. Just losing it! Help me please!!!!!

So, you're 3 months out and you've lost motivation? What motivated you 4 months ago? Has your life changed so much that getting healthy is no longer a priority?

I usually have my non healthy living lifestyle around the holidays but I always get motivated in January. Just getting healthy and wearing smaller clothes does it for me. Add all the benefits of easier and less painful movement and it's a no brainer. Do you have kids? Do it for them? Do you have a significant other? Do it for him but mostly, do it for you.

Even though you not motivated now stick with it and it will become a habit and each time you will do something better and it will motivate u to try harder. I was one month out from getting my band and just starting to get into working out and I broke my ankle. I was done for 8 weeks. I was in a boot and in pain and could do nothing but prop my foot up.

For the past five weeks I have been going to therapy 3 times a week and going to the gym on my lunch hour. And you know what? I did the elliptical for 25 min and then I jogged for 6 min straight on the treadmill. I can't tell you the last time I jogged at all. And this going further motivates me.

So dig deep and do it even though you are dreading it and each time it will get easier and it will start fueling your fire.

I think the whole "doing the same thing (exercising ) for THREE WEEKS makes it a habit" is BS......

THREE MONTHS..... I still say BS

My exercise HABIT didn't become a legit HABIT until six to seven months of daily exercise. To be honest, I've been exercising six days a week for 15 months now. Through a two week Disney/Beach vacation, and through two weekend vacations....... I am SCARED to death to take off more than one day a week bc I'm afraid it will be the beginning of the end.

You need motivation?????? Get someone to commit going with you until YOU GET BACK IN THE HABIT.

I exercise regularly and feel GREAT doing it and afterward I am so happy -- pleased with myself for doing it, glad to have gotten it out of the way, joints loosened up so less arthritic pain, seeing the results of well-toned body, mood enhanced, etc. Then the next day once again I don't really want to do it and then I do it anyway, feel great (see above) then the next day once again......

Now I do wake up planning exercise rather than dreading it or having stupid mental dialogues about how I can get out of it -- but I'm still not at the mindset of really wanting to do it. But I will get there and meanwhile the doing it anyway is working.

Also I think of it as an investment in myself. Also I call people to work out with -- the mutual benefit thing really works. You show up for the other person and you're showing up for yourself. Go walk for 30 minutes, do it! Then tomorrow do it again! Next Monday 40 minutes, do it! I'm with others on the hooked on progress thing. Love it that my two miles is now four miles+ and sometimes I go for a second walk. Do it!

Thanks guys. I think it's just I'm having LOOOONNNGGGG days at work and I'm exhausted. I get up at 5 and go to work. Get home at 930 and 1000 at night and when I exercise I'm wide awake. I can't MAKE myself get up any earlier and exercise because I'm so tired and because my "gym" is in my basement and it's one big room and my kids sleep down there. I'm going to push myself and MAKE it happen. No more excuses. I have a new chair at work ordered and that should help with my back hurting and I will just have to suffer through the tiredness. Thanks!!!

So, you're 3 months out and you've lost motivation? What motivated you 4 months ago? Has your life changed so much that getting healthy is no longer a priority? I usually have my non healthy living lifestyle around the holidays but I always get motivated in January. Just getting healthy and wearing smaller clothes does it for me. Add all the benefits of easier and less painful movement and it's a no brainer. Do you have kids? Do it for them? Do you have a significant other? Do it for him but mostly, do it for you.

I think seriously that my work burnout is causing the exercise motivation loss. Thanks!