Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lol! I'm totally glad I don't watch TV! I've got plenty to do with work, school work, a toddler, books, kickboxing, and Netflix. No bubble bursting here. This is not my first major surgery, so I have no delusions of grandeur. I'm ready for the next phase, so I am hoping for the next two weeks to fly by!

Yes woo hoo for you guys who have surgery dates for this month...My date is in November I'm having all kinds of mix emotions right now. Maybe because it's the week before thanksgiving

Meme 713- I had my surgery done yesterday morning, and before surgery, I was starving, tummy was growling, the whole nine yards, but honestly 24 hours sense surgery and i still have no desire for food, which is good because I couldn't eat it if I did but Water is my main thing that I want/ needs the most..... And meds too lol grats on your surgery day!!! And although you may not be eating all the thanksgiving stuff, you can still look forward to Christmas time ????

Edited by MamaRita

Omg!!! That's awesome no desire to eat!!!???? ????... Its good to hear that I'm hoping I skip xmas food also I'm so looking forward to being on the other side

Wishing you the best @@Queenz_Cece Monday will be here before you know it

Just got home from surgery. They found a hernia and corrected it at the same time. Kept me Monday night to monitor my pain. Then my blood pressure and heart rate was so high they kept me two more nights. Home now and feeling so much better in my own bed. Just a little bit of soreness and pain for the incisions. Glad the first hill is over, now I just need to relax, walk and heal.

How did it go. I just got my date November19th and I just told my husband the calendar has stopped. So when I read your post I had to LOL. The waiting is the worst. So how did it go, please share.

Hey @@Ldimples my date is November 20th we got exactly one month lol nervous,anxious, and it feels as if it's going in slow motion

I am feeling quite blue. I am a therapist and cancelled all clients that could wait until after. I just am in a funk and can't be the therapist I normally am. I just want Friday to hurry up... I am scared and blue... practicing all the skills I preach to my clients... soothe (without food) and exercise

Hey @@Queenz_Cece, so glad you are better & at home.

My insurance is requiring 7 months of weight management. I have had 5, I am afraid that I will not be able to get #7 in by the first of December & get a surgery date for mid December. My deductible goes from $300 now to $2500 January...feeling anxious and worried!

Hello fellow pre-opers and post-op supporters!

I am going through True Results and my expected surgery date is October 3rd or 10th depending on how fast Cigna decides to send back my approval after my last visit (which happens to be September 19th). I am beyond ready to take on this next part of my fitness journey.

I have been a yo-yo dieter since I was 14 years old, always able to lose the weight but putting it all back on and then some. Before I became a mother about 2 years ago, I stopped caring about my health and just lived life not really expecting to live longer than 45. Boy do children change your outlook on life!!! I want to see my great-grandchildren and leave an awesome legacy for them. I am fortunate my child is still young enough not to remember the me at this weight. I want to end the obesity cycle. I am and have been taking cooking classes and have never eaten so healthy in my life, lol. Unfortunately, you can still eat too much of the good stuff too.

After a few months of dealing with my emotional attachment with food through counseling, meditation, and self-hypnosis, I am still having issues with Portion Control. After struggling with what seems like a never ending hunger, I’ve decided to go with gastric banding. I looked into it back in 2009, but I was not ready to take responsibility for my actions. I know this is not a magic pill. The band won’t put down my fork, stop me from eating cake, make me workout, or continue to make great decisions for my journey… that will all be me! I see the band for exactly what it is, a tool to help me achieve my goal; make it a little easier to feel fuller sooner and longer.

All that being said, “WHY IS TIME GOING SOOOOO FREAKING SLOW?!?!?!” I swear the calendar went back a day or two more than once! I mean what the freak. I know, I know, God’s timing is perfect but seriously! The green eyed monster wants me to tell everyone getting a band before me to kick rocks! LOL!!! HA HA HAA HA AH HA! <= *crazy laugh*

Ok, I’m done. :D

Girl, who are you telling? This is me 100%. I am done with the pre op requirements but this surgery scheduler is playing with my emotions. I am with you all the way. It's nearly November, did you get it done? I should be scheduled this week and they are scheduling a month out. Time has never moved this slowly......unless you have waited to go to a theme park as a kid. That's what happens when you want something this bad! Best to you dear.