Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After surgery did you have private rooms or did you have to share a room? If you did have to share was it with another bariatric patient or some random person?

Private for me.

Hi I had a private room and my husband had his own bed too and spent the night with me everyday I was in the hospital. They like for your support person to be there with you so they can assist you with walking . It was great. And the floor was just for patients who had the surgery and it was great. Good luck with your procedure.

I had to share with a random person. Not sure why she was in there but it was weird. I really didn't like it. Luckily, I wasn't up to talking with anyone and could sleep through anything.

I've never had to stay in the hospital except when I had my son so I'm really nervous to hAve a roommate after going thru surgery., it will be the day after Labor Day so maybe I'll get lucky and have a single room.

Solo room. Unicorns showed up when i hit the morphine though

Shared a room w/another RNY patient. She was a real drama queen and a pain in the a**. Lots of screaming, crying, moaning, complaining about the nurses (who were wonderful but not coddling her). I think most of the drama was to get attention and her husband catered to every whiney need and/or want. She was a great motivator for my frequent walks around the halls because I couldn't stand to stay in the room with her. When her doctor told her she would have to stay in the hospital few more days because she was doing so poorly she suddenly made a quick and miraculous recovery! :-p

When they wheeled me up to my room my roomie had about 8 people in there, one guy was laying on my "bed" with his shoes on.. My husband immediately said to the nurse this is NOT ok, there are to many people in there and they were all really loud. He asked if I could have a private room and they obliged.. I was revision from band to rny but only stayed one night. Left next morning .. It was the easiest surgery I ever had. So glad my hubby put his foot down lol I was up walking within an hour after surgery and walked every second I could.

I had a roomie for one night; second night I was solo. We got on very well. We were in the bariatric wing so there were about 15 of us total. There was a lot of hall shuffling going on. haha

They originally had me scheduled to spend two nights in the hospital because my surgery was more complicated than typical. The first night I was in the room by myself. They put another bariatric person in the room during the day the second day and she was moaning and complaining whenever she was awake (i never saw her walk). Thank goodness they decided I was doing so well that they let me go around 6pm and I didn't have to spend the night with her.

I had a huge single room right outside of the nurse's station. The nurses kept bobbing their heads in to tell me to "walk," "sip," and "breathe." I got very personal care.

I had my own room. 5 day stay due to complications- previously had a band. So glad I didnt have a roommate as I wouldn't have wanted to be judged for a rough recovery with catherers, vomiting for 2 days and constant bladder scans. My 2nd and 3rd stays- from complications I also had my own room.

I had a roommate. It was a little old lady. Luckily she discharged a few hours after I got in there. She was gross, instead of using the regular bathroom. She insisted on using the beside commode. Which was quite a noisy and stinky experience. Not something you want to deal with when everything nauseated you. I remember all the nurses aides were running around spraying air freshener. An experience I don't care to live through again.

I had a roommate. She was a former RNY patient but she was in due to complications from having her gallbladder removed. I kept the curtain closed between the beds all the time for privacy but having a roomie didn't really bother me. She was a bit noisy at times with crying and talking, but not too bad.