Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

I had my surgey on the 7th and have lost 12 pounds postop and about 20 before the surgery! When should I start working out? And what types of exercises and times ?

I had my surgey on the 7th and have lost 12 pounds postop and about 20 before the surgery! When should I start working out? And what types of exercises and times ?

Yay, we'll have the same Surgiversary,

My doctor said I cand exercise 1 month post-op but now I just try to walk around my block as much as I can.

I also lost 12.98 lbs post-op!! yay! so far I lost 0.9-1.1 lbs per day, hope I can reach the first month goal set by mt surgeoon (15-20 lbs).

Had my surgery July 14. Hoping to get out of hospital today. On Clear Liquids only for a week, no Protein Shakes. I always thought people struggled getting their liquids and Protein in initially because we fill up so quickly, but mine is more of the ache that happens as the Water hits my stomach. Does that happen to anyone? When does it stop?

Surgery was 7/1 in Tijuana with Dr. Quinones. Since the start of my 2-week pre-op diet, I'm down 35.4lbs and 11.5 inches! 5 inches from my hips and 2 from my bust are the biggies.

I'm happily eating salmon and Beans and egg drop Soup and other soft foods. Milagro the Mexican Wonder Tummy loves cheese and hasn't rebelled against any foods yet.

After my husband and children, best decision EVER!!!!!

Edited by KQH

I was S'd the 10th. No problems with anything physically, just missing the taste of food. Yesterday was a depressing-kinda day. I slept from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm. Tried to fit some Protein Fruit Drinks and some Premier Protein in to makeup for my long siesta!! Joined the FB page for July Sleevers....saw too many pictures of people eating salmon; I can't even have tuna til maybe week 6!!! Chewed a couple of bites of food, then spit them out. Am I cheating already??? Felt a bit sorry for myself but I looked on my dietician sheet and knew Day 7 brought new opportunities....only I'd already started the Premier Protein. Oh well....deciding to take one day at a time, aiming for a positive attitude. Going to lunch with friends, most who don't know about the surgery--yet!! Weighed today--I am down 15 pounds!!!

Thanks for allowing the vent!!!!

Edited by lsirmon

Hello Fellow July Sleevers!

I was sleeved July 9th.. I have my 1 week post op today. I don't feel like I've lost weight, but surely I have..I did lose 15 pounds on my pre-op diet... Today I was able to have 2 tablespoons of Malt O Meal.. It never tasted so good..Tonight I'm going to have 2 TBLS Tomato Soup, I'm really looking forward to it.. I really don't feel hungry, but I'm going to follow what my Drs. says.. I'm still having pain in my left side where the drainage tube was.. I felt full of energy this morning, that was a first for me. I'm actually doing some laundry.. I'm still experiencing a lot of gas.. I suppose that's normal.. I been using Gas X strips which really seem to help.. God Luck to everyone and a New Happy Healthier You!

Happy to report the nausea is gone.. I called and got some meds that melt on my tongue.. I went thru a whole day of being sick and finally started to feel a little better.. Today I feel alive again!.. I got to eat a whole 2 TLBS of Malt O Meal.. WOW!.. Still having gas but the Gas X Strips really seem to help.. Going for my 1 week post op today.. Haven't been on a scale since surgery!

I had Surgery July 9th.. I came home this morning on July 10th.. I can't keep anything down.. Everytime I take a sip of Water I throw up and dry heave.. It really hurts my belly.. My neck and shoulders are super sore also.. Is the sickness normal?

I am so sorry for you. Hopefully they provided you something for nausea. I was told it is pretty common, but lucked out not having to take the meds I bought. Super small sips might help. I was so used to gulping. There is no more gulping. If you didn't get something for the nausea, I would ask ASAP.

sugar free Bomb Pops!

Hi! New to this forum. Had my surgery on July 7th. Didn't have any issues with nausea. Lucky I guess. Down 42 pounds. 20 on pre op diet.

For those questioning doing this... I just got to pull out my skinnier guy clothes and I gotta say, playing pretty pretty princess was fun!

I guess everyone recovers different. Only needed pain meds at night up till last night. Did get a fever of 101 night before last and the shaking was not fun with the soreness. I hospital for 3 days. Going into work tomorrow for a few hours. Hope that goes well. Then back to work on Monday.

If you haven't found sugar free popcicles, leave for the store now:)

Congrats! How are you feeling now? You will be all Happy and Healthy and ready to start the New School Year off right!.. I'm going for my 1 week post op today!

Hey, y'all, from Mississippi. A week ago on July 7 I went to meet my dr and sign consents. I'd been jumping through all the hoops since October and had hoped to have this done the end of May since I teach at an elementary school. Dr said it looked like August for surgery....that wouldn't work because I go back to school Aug 1 and wouldn't be able to take off. That would push surgery to Thanksgiving. Dr rearranged some things and came in and said we were looking at Thursday!!! I considered that the best birthday present EVER!!! (July 7 was my birthday) Not much time for my "food funeral" though, because I had to do Clear Liquids from Wednesday-on. Great procedure, with no pain or gas pains. Started walking as soon as I got back from recovery. Already sick of broths and really looking forward to day 7 when I can add something new!!!

Thankful that I found this group

Good Luck on a New Happy Healthy Happier You! You are so lucky to have this option at a young age.. Take full advantage of it and Live Your Life to the Fullest!

Hey y'all! I'm Jenna and I'm 18 I just got sleeved yesterday July 14th so I'm still in the hospital! I didn't say anything yesterday because I was in pain but today I feel so much better! If you have any questions I'm here!

Seen surgeon today..9 days postop. .I fit in clothes today I havnt Been in in months! Got weighed of course first thing..in 11 days I'm down 27 freakin pds!! Omg...this is working. I'm only been able to get about 2 oz at one time..that's 4 tbsp...but drinking Protein all day long. No exercise yet except moving all around the house. Lil fatique easy of course I've battled chronic fatique for eons of yrs...at least 15...I'm not expecting these results wkly Iv watched biggest loser for past 13 or so yrs I no by the second or third wk are bummers so i'm just taking it as it comes. I am on such a high right now! Is anyone else obsessed on scales thru a day? I'm goin to have hubs hide them I'm driving myself nuts! If any of u like" pinning" on pinterest look up bariatric recipes there are tons!! Talk later...y'all we are doing great!!! Keep up the great job...:)

Wow, I can't start exercise until next week! I do a little walking. sounds like you're on track! Awesome, keep it up July sleevers, so far everyone is doing really well from what I've red to far!

@@finallyfree101 thanks for asking you I'm fine down 22 pounds feeling great. How's everything coming along with you I'm even up to walking 2 miles about 5 times a week

Hey everyone! I was sleeved July 11 and my

Dr also repaired a hiatel hernia!! I'm in no pain from sleeve but more from my esophagus where hernia was repaired! I cant keep NO Protein Shakes down at all! Just apple juice, ice chips, Jello and broth! I feel like crap bc i do feel hungry from not getting Protein in! It hurts when i sip on anything, its terrible!! All i want is mashed potatoes something to quench my craving:(

Any one else have this?

I also have blurred vision, unsure if its from being cooped up inside since Fri!!

I'm regretting this a bit :(

Hey everyone! I was sleeved July 11 and my Dr also repaired a hiatel hernia!! I'm in no pain from sleeve but more from my esophagus where hernia was repaired! I cant keep NO Protein Shakes down at all! Just apple juice, ice chips, Jello and broth! I feel like crap bc i do feel hungry from not getting Protein in! It hurts when i sip on anything, its terrible!! All i want is mashed potatoes something to quench my craving:( Any one else have this? I also have blurred vision, unsure if its from being cooped up inside since Fri!! I'm regretting this a bit :(

I was sleeved on the 14th and my dr doesn't even want me trying protein for a week so don't feel bad about not getting all yours in. I'm not in pain as long as I have pain meds, but when they wear off I can sure feel sore. The pain is keeping me from feeling too hungry. I think the gurgling in my stomach is still gas moving around rather than hunger pangs.

I am 3 days out post op. I had my sleeve on July 14th. I am doing well with the broth and clear liquids but I'm starving! I slipped an ate a couple of bites of the thin sliced turkey. So far I'm okay. My only worry is my stomach is REALLY swollen, I haven't had a bowel movement. And unlike the others I have read about, I have not lost ANY weight since surgery 3 days ago. I'm a little sad about that. I lost 12 lbs during pre op diet but no more since.

Has anyone else had the same issues as me?