Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

?... Does anyone know why we have to strain the Soup which is very hard to do, instead of using blender?:(

I put my soup, as is, in my Vitamix and purée it. I have been having stomach cramps with ANYthing I put in my mouth. The puréed soup did cause them to be any worse.

It's is easier on your stomach to digest just a liquid ( basically because there is nothing to it) and when you purée it which is a an eating stage after liquids your digestive system still has to process( because there is now protein/starch) and that can be uncomfortable as evidenced by the previous poster. By the way they make strainers that strain way finer things than a colander. You can get them at Walmart, target, Marshall's. Etc .., they are usually made of a fine wire mesh and will make it much easier to strain smaller particles. Hope that helps

Am I the only person who didn't diet pre-op? They just told me nothing after midnight and that was fine. I got drunk the night before on the last beers I'll ever drink. I don't like beer all that much anyway.

My surgeon didn't require a pre-op diet at all.

I'm confused though. Wouldn't blending/pureeing be less chunks than straining? Or is it that they want to keep all the other stuff in the Soup out, other than the cream part?

the items you would strain out need digesting if you puree them. your stomach is being given some rest and relaxation so it can heal faster. making it digest chicken - solid or puree form - is extra work. also small bits if you didn't puree could get stuck.

I had mine 7/15. I am 5 days out now. I am feeling really good. I have a lot of energy and have been sleeping really well. I am sore when I wake up and if I cough deeply but other than that things are doing good. I am concerned I haven't had much of a bowel movement since I have been out of the hospital. I wondered how others have been feeling in that regards.

Glad to follow this group.

Are you coughing a lot? I seem to hve developed quite the bronchitis problem since my surgery (mine was the 14th, one day before you) and i am hating all the deep coughing i'm doing. concerned about if that would cause a problem with the tummy but so far it doesnt create pain or anything so i'm not too too worried. As for BM, Idid start that on day 3 and its going fine although mostly liquid, not that you wanted to know. You will get there.

Hi all! I just wanted to give a brief introduction of myself. I am having the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 24, 2014 with Dr. Cabrera in Tijuana Mexico. I am 5'3" tall and my highest weight when I started out at on this journey was 292 lbs. My current weight is 253 lbs. I am excited and nervous about my surgery on Thursday.

<p>Hi all! I just wanted to give a brief introduction of myself. I am having the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 24, 2014 with Dr. Cabrera in Tijuana Mexico. I am 5'3" tall and my highest weight when I started out at on this journey was 292 lbs. My current weight is 253 lbs. I am excited and nervous about my surgery on Thursday.</p>

Everything will be fine!! You won't remember anything.. Good luck! Let us know how everything goes!!

No esophageal repair. Some things go down easier than others. I experience the pain when whatever I've consumed actually hits my stomach. Water sucks. shakes are ok. Jello is especially bad. broth is also a little iffy. Taking the percocets are no fun at all. But they help make things easier. I've been to the potty several times today and when I have to go it really hurts. My sister brought me muscle milk. Seems to be going down alright. I was drinking brown rice Protein mixed with Apple juice before and that was alright too. Doc suggested waiting until our first visit to start the supplements.< /p>

I had same bad spasms...with every sip that passed thru esophagus. .I still have to baby mine. It gets easier it's just takes a few days to wk or so..

Everything will be fine!! You won't remember anything.. Good luck! Let us know how everything goes!!

U will do great! I was in preop almost doin the happy dance position bed!! So happy! Lil nervous th as to be expected. But I had total confidence in surgeon an anesthesiologist. ..I also had hernia repair I did have spasms after I sipping water...but they eventually went away.it's normal if ur having that fixed. If not it's a breeze! Smile count ur blessings ull b fine do exactly Wats on ur program an trust that it will do it's job as well! :) keep us posted. ..

At this time next week I'll be sleeved. Woo-hoo! The countdown is fun! The pre-op Jello and shakes are not. ;)

Got my sleeve on the 16th and each day things get better. I can already see a big difference but I don't step on scales at home just at the doctors. I use my clothes at home to see how I am doing. Working on getting my shakes to taste different/better any suggestions would be great. Good luck everyone.

Got my sleeve on the 16th and each day things get better. I can already see a big difference but I don't step on scales at home just at the doctors. I use my clothes at home to see how I am doing. Working on getting my shakes to taste different/better any suggestions would be great. Good luck everyone.

Torani sugar free syrups work well. They have many flavors. Can be found at grocery stores and Wal Mart. They are limited in flavors. You can also get them off Amazon.< /p>

Hey folks. I was looking to set up a thread for July 2014 sleevers. I believe the other threads were originally back in 2013.

I just had my surgery on July 2. I'm SO glad I did this. My breaking point was being diagnosed with high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and a host of other problems. I put on another 30 pounds from October to February of this year. I was a good 185 and quit smoking. I ballooned up to 305. I'm self pay and I got to 278 during my pre-surgery.

Since the surgery, I don't think I've been hungry, but I'm still dealing with the healing process. My first postop is Thursday. My only complaint is the low energy level. I knew it was coming, but wow.

I'd like to hear from those who started their life change this month. I am also hoping this can be a thread we can keep tabs on each other, as well as provide motivation when we need it

Hello I had my surgery on the 16th and its has been harder than I hope for whatever reason I'm not able to drink like I'm suppose to I'm a lil hungry but not for big food I want like crackers nd Soup I want peanuts its just crazy idk and I'm also having a hard time with the Protein Shakes and the Protein liquids I just don't kno what to do (+HELP) lol

I can't find the July group on fb :(

I had same bad spasms...with every sip that passed thru esophagus. .I still have to baby mine. It gets easier it's just takes a few days to wk or so..

Omg yes I'm having some of the same problems everything that goes down feels horrible so this makes me not want to drink anything or eat the Jello I've been trying apple sauce it helps a lil but my taste buds and sense of smell are off so any and everything I try to get get down taste bad and smells bad

Omg yes I'm having some of the same problems everything that goes down feels horrible so this makes me not want to drink anything or eat the Jello I've been trying apple sauce it helps a lil but my taste buds and sense of smell are off so any and everything I try to get get down taste bad and smells bad

I had the taste thing but once I ate some cabs it got better a lot better... It's that your are in major ketosis. It your body burning fat, the byproduct is nasty tasting breath that will alter taste and smell. Not sure if you can just have full liquids but I was allowed to have a full liquids right after I was discharged and I are some creamed Soup that's strained and light and fit yogurt. It improved my taste dramatically

Is there a FB group for us?

Also can it be set to SECRET and not just private? I'm not out to all FB friends so would rather be a bit more discreet. Private allows people to see if you're in a group (but not posts). Secret can't be seen at all...

THANKS!