Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a 32 year old female. I have five children, ages range from 3 to 13 years of age. My weight has fip flop over the years. As a child i was small and tiny my weight in high school was between 120 lbs to 130 lbs. After my first child at 19 year of age I was 160 lbs.. I had no problems losing after my second child, I got back to 140, but my third child i really pick the weight up after giving birth i was 191 lbs at 5'5 i just looked thick, but i had a hard time losing i never got back down to 160 again after that. My weight with my fourth kid was 232 lbs, by my fifth child i was 267 lbs. After, my fifth child my weight was 300lbs. I knew I had to do something about it, I tried many different weight loss plans, nothing worked on may 21,2013. I went in the op room weighing 300.00 lbs. I was a candidate for VSG. As of july 2, 2014 I weigh 134.6lbs. I have pass my goal weight of 160 lbs. I cant seem to stop!!! I am worried!!!

post-178735-0-02588900-1404357803_thumb.jpg

hopefully, someone might be able to tell me something!!!

how much are you eating? are you getting in enough Protein? Are you avoiding carbs? once i added carbs my weight started to level out i still lose here and their but not like the roller coaster i got off of.

Edited by slimmindown

What did you do to be so successful?

I added at least one slice of bread a day, and if your losing add a Protein Shake. try to get in some rice(tiny amount)

Edited by slimmindown

What are you eating? Have you tried upping your calories with healthy alternative to the "low carb/low calorie/low fat" rules? Even though I still do Protein first, once I hit goal, I started adding more healthy carbs and fat to my diet. Regular cottage cheese instead of nonfat, 2% milk instead of skim, more mayo in my chicken and tuna salad, real Peanut Butter instead of PB2, more whole grain Snacks, real juice and regular Lifewater instead of sugar free drinks, an occasional 1/2 bagel with cream cheese, sweet potatoes, etc. I'm 9 pounds under goal, but have managed to slow my loss to 1 pound/week.

Wow that is amazing how much you have lost and now cannot stop! I had my sleeve on 2/26 this year and am down 61 pounds but every day I am afraid I will not keep losing, it is down to about 1-2 pounds a week. I hope you are not having any problems or becoming anorexic. What does your Dr. say? Good luck

But on the other hand, you are right in the middle of your normal BMI, so maybe your goal weight was just too high. If you are eating healthy, getting adequate calories, feeling good, and your bloodwork numbers are good, maybe your body just hasn't hit its new natural "normal" yet.

My goal weight was 125 and I'm now down to 109. I just have days where I can't tolerate anything and even the smell of food makes me nauseous. The best advice I can give you is to eat Breakfast. I try to eat Cereal or oatmeal and that seems to help me eat more throughout the day. My doc wants me to eat something every 2 hours. I've not gone that route yet. I would like to get back to 115-120ish. Still wouldn't change a thing.

post-168864-0-63891400-1404362540_thumb.jpg

I am a 32 year old female. I have five children, ages range from 3 to 13 years of age. My weight has fip flop over the years. As a child i was small and tiny my weight in high school was between 120 lbs to 130 lbs. After my first child at 19 year of age I was 160 lbs.. I had no problems losing after my second child, I got back to 140, but my third child i really pick the weight up after giving birth i was 191 lbs at 5'5 i just looked thick, but i had a hard time losing i never got back down to 160 again after that. My weight with my fourth kid was 232 lbs, by my fifth child i was 267 lbs. After, my fifth child my weight was 300lbs. I knew I had to do something about it, I tried many different weight loss plans, nothing worked on may 21,2013. I went in the op room weighing 300.00 lbs. I was a candidate for VSG. As of july 2, 2014 I weigh 134.6lbs. I have pass my goal weight of 160 lbs. I cant seem to stop!!! I am worried!!!

I'm thinking that your goal weight may be a little too high, so that may be why you're still losing...it's still a very healthy thing, though. This is my biggest concern as well, that I'll hit my goal weight and then keep losing. After talking to the nutritionist and doing even more research, research shows that once you hit your healthy goal weight, your body will tell you that you need more calories and things will level off. You'll be more hungry, and your weight loss will slow down and finally stop.

Congratulations on your success...you look really good!!

I'm 7 pounds from reaching my goal and have lost 132 pounds. I have recently started worrying about how to stop losing and went to my nut for guidance.

She did some calculations that took into account my age, height, and exercising and identified how much to increase my daily calories and carbs in order to stop losing.

I highly recommend that you see your nut soon ...

I'm nearing maintenance and still losing. Kind of worried about this in the back of my mind myself. I'm at 149 pounds, (top of the healthy BMI zone for my 5'6") and already wear a size 4.

At some point it comes down to calories consumed vs calories burned. Try adding in some healthy Snacks, anything with avocadoes, (high calorie, good fat), bananas added to your Protein shake, 2% milk vs skim, etc. If you're really worried about it, schedule with a NUT who can help you come up with a plan for maintenance. I'll be headed there if I go below 135 pounds.

When I had my consult with my surgeon last month I asked him about a goal weight. He told me that once I hit my goal to not worry if I continued to lose and not to try and stop the weight loss. He said that I may drop to a weight that seems yo low and unhealthy but that most people experience about a 20 pound gain with in two years or so of surgery. He said this is the way the body will regulate itself. However if you stop the loss early you may still gain the 20 lbs or so and be above your bodys ideal weight. I thought this was very interesting and was glad he shared it.

My doctor wants me to eat every two hours, i am struggling to do so however, there are times smelling food or looking at food makes me want to vomit. I am currently as of today weigh 136.7 lbs. I have lost a total of 163 lbs in 14 months surgery was may 21, 2014

]

Forgot to mention
Surgery date 12/2012
SW 246
Current 109
39 years old
I too have 5 children