Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very heavy pre-op ANXIETY

Hello everyone, I am still pending a surgery date, I have done all requirements but the psychologist (have appt in three day) I feel so anxious in the most negative way possible. I am starting to become slightly depressed and don't wanna go anywhere bc I don't wanna be seen at this weight anymore. I have not been able to sleep and have been so distracted at work bc all I can think about is not being this heavy. There is so much waiting and I am not blessed with patience in this life :( please help!

You will be so happy you did this. I gave my daughter-in-law 2 shirts that are to big for me already. I had very little pain, no nausea, & came home from the hospital & slept on my side the first night. I'm still learning what & how much I can eat. I had my surgery on May 12th. So far so good. Don't let anxiety get the better of you. Positive thoughts will give you positive results. I wish you all the best in letting that thin person inside of you out.

I know what you are saying: I was becoming a hermit as well before my surgery. I knew I needed to make a change for me to be healthy physically and emotionally. I kept me focus on my "list" of requirements I needed to do to allow me to do surgery. I am only 1 month post surgery but I am feeling more like my old self and I actually see and feel this working! You are so close! Some anxiety is natural because it is a big change but it is SO worth it! Good luck!!

I'm having surgery in four weeks, and I'm feeling the same way. I'd be perfectly happy just to stay home and hide in my bedroom until my surgery date gets here. In fact, I'm starting my pre-op diet early, just because the wait is driving me crazy nutsola, and I desperately want to be doing something.

I feel like I totally wanna do this because the wait is just killing me, my God. It would help to know the surgery date so that I don't end up liquid dieting for 2 months =/ My psych appointment is tomorrow so I am hoping that they call me for a surgery scheduling two to three days after, otherwise I will be calling them lol

I'm having surgery in four weeks, and I'm feeling the same way. I'd be perfectly happy just to stay home and hide in my bedroom until my surgery date gets here. In fact, I'm starting my pre-op diet early, just because the wait is driving me crazy nutsola, and I desperately want to be doing something.

Its a normal feeling. For me the surgery end up being a piece of cake. No pain to speak of and could drink Water after waking up.

You are not your weight. Yes, you have excess weight on you right now, but you can't let your life be defined by it. You are an interesting person with hopes and dreams and family and friends. Don't let your weight crush you emotionally. Obsession just leads to crabbiness and possibly the psych telling you you need to come back for a repeat visit to work on your issues before your surgery.

take this time to practice eating slowly, chewing well and not drinking with meals.

wean yourself off of sugar and processed carb foods (and fast food/take out if you eat that).

establish a regular exercise practice.

most people actually feel after the surgery that they wish they had had more time to prepare and practice for their new lifestyle.

trust me…you will be so happy you did this surgery. you will be surprised how quickly you get a surge of energy! you will start enjoying life so much more! I went through something similar WAITING for that surgery date, but once I got it, it's been all up hill ever since. Chin up! You're doing the right thing! Don't let this discourage you!! Best of luck!

Don't second guess your decision. I am on day 6 of post-op and am on a liquid diet. I haven't felt this good in over 20 years. The surgery had 1-2 days of minimal discomfort. I have been home for 4 days and haven't even looked at the pain meds. I'm drinking my liquids, Protein shakes and Vitamins and for someone who hasn't eaten anything in 7 days, I have more energy than I did a month ago. I'm down 10 pounds since the surgery. I'm not hungry and actually take greater joy in cooking now than I did before. I guess it's my way to rebuild my relationship with food, and this is the first stage.

There's never going to be a better time or way to change your life. You can do it, believe me, you will!! Good luck sweetie!!

The few months before my surgery, I left the house for daily walks, for doctor's appointments, and when I needed to get groceries. I understand not wanting to go anywhere or do anything. I did spend a lot of time cleaning the house (especially the kitchen...getting rid of all the junk food and pit falls so it wouldn't be there post-surgery)

Good luck on your psych eval :) Hopefully you get your appointment quickly.