Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing my office!

I know this sounds petty but I am losing my nice huge office. I am not upset because I am losing my office I am upset because I was using the extra space to do my workouts! I chose this office because it was by the front door of our building. So I will be like the receptionist greet everyone and direct them to who they were looking for. One person complained saying they needed the extra space and no one stops by my office when they come visit us. Really!? I haven’t look at my new office in detail but I know it’s small but I think I still continue my workouts during my breaks. Anyway one of my coworkers was working at my spare desk and she made the comment of saying you do get a lot for visitors and they person who will be working here is in for a treat. Oh well not my problem. Here are some fun facts about my office they my coworker doesn’t know and I will not be sharing with them.

Fact one: the walls in my office are very thin and you will hear everything even the cars driving down the street.

Fact two: it’s get hot in here in the summer time and cold in the winter time. I am sharing a thermostat with 2 other people so good luck finding the perfect temperature

Fact three: I am taking my government issued table, table, and refrigerator with me. My new space may be small but I will make it work.

Anyway I had to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Edited by LadyDiva618

Well you get what you ask for and they will I guess. Oh well!

You will make it work and it will be a nice change of pace for you. Finding new ways to work out in the office on breaks etc. Taking longer walks away from the office if needed :)

A chance to get rid of the old stuff that builds up in our drawers over the years etc. Get some nice summer flowers for your new office and make it home. Let the new guy sweat it out with the unwanted visitors and thermostat issues.

Your gonna do great in your new space!

I had a nice big office too until we ran out of space and I now share that big office with one other person. The new cheap way to do business...

The higger I move up in my company the less space I have. Our senior leadership doesn't even have offices anymore. I got a huge promotion in title and pay earlier this year but lost my office. I am now in a tiny cube. My administrative assistant has more space than me if you can believe it? I guess paperless means truly working withour borders... I'm getting used to it but cube world is interesting considering the sensitive topics all of ny colleagues are responsible for. Wave of the future?

Thirty years ago I had a huge office with a private bathroom. It was formerly the chairman's office until he switched branches. Me getting it was a sheer fluke. All of the departments on the floor moved out to a new corporate headquarters and my 12-person department stayed behind and got the whole second floor. It was glorious. I eventually transferred for a promotion and had a much smaller desk in a shared room. Years later when I went part time after having my kids, I actually shared a desk with another part timer who worked opposite hours. So I've had both sides. The luxury was nice but the pay increase and better position was nicer.

Hmmm. I see possibilities here. Smaller and redesigned svelte figure, and smaller redesigned chic office maybe? I agree about taking those things that make it all work (frog, etc.) but then find a great new piece of art that's YOU and claim the space for whatever new benefits it might have. I DO get how hard it is to lose the extra footage and absorbing the punch of it is NOT fun. I hope you discover some wonderful new aspect to it, and end up feeling okay about it.

By the way, if it's smaller now, maybe ask a personal trainer to help redesign your workout to fit? I bought a knock off version of a TRX setup at our FredMeyer (like a big Target) and am thrilled with how much I can do with it in a very small space.

I got a mini-elliptical from Amazon less than $100 and it's great -- it's only the foot part, a platform, but can be used as a peddler or as an elliptical. Requires balance but that's great for core work. Thing takes up very little space.

well LadyDiva618...I'm sorry to hear about your move...but it sounds like you will be okay...you have a great attitude. your past headaches will now be her's...you are the better person for it sweetie. I know we are all very versatile with our new live styles so I know you will do just fine. But isn't it nice to be able to vent...we are all good listeners...as you are too!!! Hang in there girlie!!! You'll do just fine...thinking only good thought for you!

Before I retired, my experience with lunch and/or breaks was that if I am in my office for any reason, then I am available. The phone still rings and people knock on my door. So, I had to get up and walk about or eat in the cafeteria....even then, if someone knows you are in the building, they will not let up. I do have a home office now for my genealogy project, and under my desk is a hand/foot bike so I can cycle while working at my desk.

The coolest set-up I ever saw was at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. They have an acre or so on hospital grounds that remains wooded and undeveloped. A fitness trail was built in there where you could walk and then stop at different stations to do a specific exercis,e and then move on.

I have been in the Toyota Fork Lift Plant in Columbus, Indiana and they have a nice gym for employees to use. If someone logs in X amount of time, they get certain additional benefits from the company. I think that's great when an employer facilitates good health for the employees rather than make it as difficult as possible. I hope you can find a clever way to fix yourself up with what you need to accomplish your fitness goals.

Ask to work at home like I do. Give up the office crap

If I get this promotion I can telework but I can only do it twice a pay period