Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To start with I found this site helpful and full of info... Or so I thought I have now learnt that everyone is told a different thing by their surgeons and nurses & that everyone thinks they know best and that everyone feels the need to share that with everyone ... So this is my last post .. I'm not even sure it will be read becUse I am going to delete my account..

It's my fault I hate this site because for some reason I expected people to be different on here.. Turns out this is just like every other site out there ... Shit !!

All doctors are different. Actually the group of doctors in the office I go to all have different rules. Strange I know. I have no pre-op diet, some have 28 days of pre-op diet. I don't think anyone thinks they are right BUT if something is working for them, then I am glad to hear/read what they say. I have not had my surgery yet so I try to read and then I will see what works for me. If I don't agree with what someone posts I just don't comment. Saves me a lot of headaches. I hope you reconsider, support is needed by everyone. Have a great day!

It would be ashamed to lose support and ideas to help you through this process. As far as doctor's go you should only listen to your doctor and only your doctor. They all have different opinions but you chose yours for a reason and you should follow his/her advice. This site can help you in so many different ways and not all advice or opinions will suit you. This is with everything you do, say or hear in life. I simply skip past what I don't agree with however I have learned and picked up a lot of good info, recipes, advice etc. I truly wish you the very best in your journey and hope you don't leave this behind. :)

I don't understand what you were expecting of the site? You get a random bunch of people together on the internet and everyone is going to experience the same event differently. Add in regional variation, cultural variation, race/class/ethnic variation.. no one is going to have the same answers for you. And of course we all think we're right. What person doesn't think they are? It takes a very self aware person to say "My bad, my info is not correct". And for a lot of questions, there really is no correct way of going about things. There might be three different paths to get you from A to Z. And this is true of fitness forums, fashion forums, gaming forums..whatever. It is just the nature of the internet beast.

Life is extremely frustrating Pre-Op and immediately Post-Op. Every single Dr. on earth is also only human and they are going to use their personal life experiences on what they feel works best for their own patients, and it might not even be similar to another Dr - or there might be some variations and similarities to how they feel. Such as I'm sure every surgeon will tell you to Drink Your Water. Things like that.

The only REAL advice for which you should follow exactly is the one your surgeon has provided you. Otherwise listening to opinions of others on the internet will get you down and you might even get sick. You certainly don't want that, but I also want to point out everyone chiming in is only doing so out of a good place, they don't want to see anyone hurt themselves.

If you need a break for a little while take one, I know I do that sometimes. But I have to tell you that getting all the support you can get will far more benefit you than not.

Good luck!

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you don't work in the medical field, k?

Want to know why it seems like everyone on here has a different plan and experience? Because of two universal truths of medicine:

Every.

patient.

is.

different.

&

Every.

physician.

is.

different.

I hope this clears things up. Let common sense be your guide and you will do fine on your WLS journey, whether you reach out for support on this site or not.

Edited by BKLYNgal87

What were your realistic expectations of this website. Every surgeon, surgery, story, person etc..are different. What we share in common is that we are on the same road to becoming healthy and loosing weight. My experiences and opinions might be different from the next but it doesn't make me any better from the next. Its great to seek out advice from fellow wls patients on this site but what I think is the best advice comes from your health care team who are working with you on this journey. In my own opinion is take a break from this site, work on yourself and come back when you want to hear success stories and what not. Nobody is forcing you to believe in what all of us on the online community are saying, I personally like reading what others are experiencing and going through. I hope everything works out :)

Well, what a shame. If she would have stuck around I could have referred her to the "Life's Manual" by: T. H. Doesnotexist.

It's a complete guide to everything in life.....step by step, for everybody, in all situations....from birth to death. Takes out all the mistakes and guesswork.

Plus......I still have some prime swamp land on the market......any takers...???? ;)

I am pre op, I love this site

Not everything pertains to me... But if I can offer a 'good luck!' 'Keep ur head up!'

I know at some point I will need that support. I found people to be so sincere on here. I have my last NUT tomorrow morning and it get submitted to insurance.

Reading what others have gone thru doesn't mean that I am going to go thru it, but just incase i do....I'm

Prepared for it!

I love the support here. But I wish that person the best of luck, and hope they find the support they are looking for!!

Hey,to each his own... There's no opinion on here anyone should be taking over, their own DOCTOR! This is a forum of people to support others going through the same things. You can take some, you can leave some. I personally love and appreciate the support this site offers. Good luck to you. Hope u find whatever it is u are looking for.

I'm still pre-op, but I have learned so much from this great community! Yes, everyone has different experiences. That's life, right? Still, knowledge is power and ultimately what you do with that knowledge is up to you. I choose to use what I learn here to form questions for my bariatric team (surgeon, coordinator, nut, etc). Ultimately, that is where my "final answers" come from, but this forum helps me to be prepared for various scenarios and ask the right questions.

Personally I do not know where I would be without Bariatric Pal. It is not perfect because we are not perfect. I always say, we have different doctors, different plans, and use common sense. I have asked our NUT questions and she doesn't know, I asked the surgeon's nurse some questions about meds and diabetes, she did not know. Without the support I get here I would be lost. I can only hope I can help someone with the health issues my husband and I have because this can be a scary journey. I tried about 6 FB groups and there was no support there. This is the best we have here thanks to Alex, and I will take the good with the bad, and am learning not to post if I am in a growly mood because I sincerely do not want to hurt someone's feelings. I hope to always be a friend here.

I keep coming back for all of the things that we DO have in common. Just because someone disagrees or can't identify with something I said, doesn't make them a hateful green meanie. If I can't handle someone's comment, then I do not respond, because I am averse to conflict. There is much support, knowledge and comfort to be gained here, and I enjoy these conversations with my fellow weight loss surgery companions.

Jessiegirl30 (if you are peeking in on our responses), even if you have to close the door for a while, I hope that you will reconsider and rejoin us soon. I wish you good luck and good health.

JessieGirl30,

I'm sorry you feel this way, and you are entitled to your feelings. No one can take them away from you. But for YOU to feel better (not for anyone else but YOU), maybe you can ask yourself WHY you really are so angry?

If you've already deleted your account, you'll never see this, and I've wasted my time. But maybe you are just taking a little breather and will reconsider leaving BP after reading the supportive messages of those who have posted here before me. THIS is what Bariatric Pal is about. We ARE here to help each other. Just read past all the JUNK that makes you angry and FIND the GOOD STUFF--there is SO MUCH GOOD HERE!

Good luck and continued success to you, whatever your decision.

Bye-bye.....